PDA

View Full Version : CNN: 'Zelda' takes center stage at E3

RobertoOrtiz
05-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Quote:
"
Nintendo may have been the most vague when it came to unveiling its next video game console, but it's certainly banking on its next Zelda adventure to be the biggest game launch of 2005 on any platform.

"The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess" for the GameCube is an epic adventure that once again stars a young farm boy, Link, who must set out on foot, horseback and even on all fours as he can transform himself into a wolf. With the help of a mysterious and magical companion named Midna, our hero must travel into the darkened land of Hyrule to face an evil that has enshrouded the land.

Similar to past games in this popular series, puzzle-solving and character interaction is as important as combating enemies and super big boss fighters."

>>Link<< (http://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/05/19/e3.games/index.html)

-R

poly-phobic
05-20-2005, 05:17 PM
i wonder what stage CNN was watching for them to claim "Zelda: Twillight bloody Princess"

was at the center stage...

why is CNN reporting gaming news...

dont they have "other" stories to run over and over until i puke....

heavyness
05-20-2005, 05:46 PM
of course Zelda takes center stage, its freakin' Zelda!

poly-phobic
05-20-2005, 07:14 PM
yea, everyone just cant stop talking about zelda twillight princess.

Nightez
05-20-2005, 10:36 PM
In terms of computer games it doesnt get much bigger than Zelda.
They had 3 hour long queues to play it at E3

L.Rawlins
05-20-2005, 11:10 PM
Why do they call those games 'Zelda', when you always play as 'Link'?...

spades
05-20-2005, 11:34 PM
The call it Zelda cause every game u gotta rescue the that dumb chick who manages to get herself kidnapped every single time. If I was Link I'd give up on that air-head.

Dawn good game though

Tonedef
05-20-2005, 11:34 PM
because she is the one always getting herself into shit :D. I really don't know...the second game was called Link...it was fun too...

L.Rawlins
05-20-2005, 11:51 PM
There should be a 'Zelda' game where you play as Zelda... and actually ESCAPE from one of those damn fortified dungeony places.

It would be cooler still if she was really useless with the weaponry, and so all you had to use were your wits. Dodging bad guys and solving puzzles and things without direct combat.

You know, I think I'm onto something...

Somebody get Nintendo on the phone. :D

ashen
05-21-2005, 12:48 AM
This idea sounds nice, which is what Capcom is doing recently with its Haunting Ground.
One runs around as the helpless Fiona while she tries to escape from danger...Nintendo might see how this title does before putting Zelda into her role.

Frank Lake
05-21-2005, 12:59 AM
Ah!

The Zelda game that fans have been wanting ever since the N64 came out, but simply never got. Maybe now with the more mature look the story will be more advanced also.

lastchild7
05-21-2005, 04:03 AM
it is called the legend of zelda because it is telling the story of her linage, there was one on the nex called the adventure of link. And the old phillips cdi had some crap zeldas where you played at the princess and held to save link

NanoGator
05-21-2005, 06:19 AM
Why do they call those games 'Zelda', when you always play as 'Link'?...

For the simple reason that Zelda was the focus of the first game. It was recognizable and it stuck. It's kinda like the show being called Deep Space Nine even though they went a season where it was called Terak Nor. ;P

heavyness
05-21-2005, 08:00 AM
Ah!

The Zelda game that fans have been wanting ever since the N64 came out, but simply never got. Maybe now with the more mature look the story will be more advanced also.

guess you never played Zelda Ocarina of Time on the 64 [which was out during the PS and was hailed Game of the Year by many people]. remind me what part of that game wasn't mature? and if you define mature by blood, guts, and breasts, well i'm sure there is a FPS on a pc for ya.

-Vormav-
05-21-2005, 08:21 AM
guess you never played Zelda Ocarina of Time on the 64 [which was out during the PS and was hailed Game of the Year by many people]. remind me what part of that game wasn't mature?

The village of prancing fairies, and playing tag (or hide and seek, forget which) with the little kids in the next town, for starters.
I've had the misfortune of watching a friend play through Ocarina of Time twice. And sorry, it may be a fun game and worthy of its game of the year award and massive following, but I really fail to see anything that would allow you to classify it as being 'mature.' To the extent that one could call a Final Fantasy game 'mature', maybe... :shrug:

Bsmith
05-21-2005, 05:11 PM
guess you never played Zelda Ocarina of Time on the 64 [which was out during the PS and was hailed Game of the Year by many people].

Game of the year? More like game of my life.

by far my favorite game of all time. And I don't think there will be anything to take it's place. Wind Waker, while everyone thought it was "kiddie," turned out to take second place of my all time favorite games. It pisses me off that people refuse to give that game a chance.

baaah888
05-21-2005, 05:21 PM
im playing ocarina, at this very moment, i finished uni on friday and apart from geting drunk have nothing else to do, so got my n64 out and am gonna play all the great games during theday and get drunk at night next few weeks before looking for a job and getting my portfolio all nice and ready.

As for zelda not being mature, well of course it isn't but if you think "im mature no i can only play mature games!" well its your loss, gameplay wise you won't find may games classed as mature that tell a story as well as zelda OOT.

Apart from Fallout2 wich is my faveorite game ever zelda takes the second place hands down. and i like these games for very different reasons of course so its pretty much a coin toss for which i liked better.

Recursive
05-21-2005, 06:35 PM
im playing ocarina, at this very moment, i finished uni on friday and apart from geting drunk have nothing else to do, so got my n64 out and am gonna play all the great games during theday and get drunk at night next few weeks before looking for a job and getting my portfolio all nice and ready.

As for zelda not being mature, well of course it isn't but if you think "im mature no i can only play mature games!" well its your loss, gameplay wise you won't find may games classed as mature that tell a story as well as zelda OOT.

Apart from Fallout2 wich is my faveorite game ever zelda takes the second place hands down. and i like these games for very different reasons of course so its pretty much a coin toss for which i liked better.

Telling a story well that draws you in is the very definition of maturity.

Cyberdigitus
05-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Then OOT must be the most mature game of all time.

Renderman_XSI
05-22-2005, 03:32 PM
the name Zelda as it is used in all the Zelda games since the NES days, comes from a novel that Miyamoto was reading, he thought that it sound nice so..he used it.

And no, Zelda didnt take center stage, the PS3 took that spot light.

agreenster
05-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Geeky Zelda arguments aside, I'm excited about the new Zelda, and Im even a fan of Wind Waker. But I also couldnt see standing in line for 2 hours just to play it for a minute. Its not like I wont own the game and play through it, so why waste 2 hours of your life?

Anyway, Zelda at E3 was big, but it wasnt the show stopper

heavyness
05-22-2005, 07:56 PM
And no, Zelda didnt take center stage, the PS3 took that spot light.

one likes to think the games take center stage at E3 instead of the plastic appliances everyone likes to whore out to customers.

also, i recorded the E3 specials on G4 and they interviewed random people and a lot were excited about Zelda.

gordon7up
05-22-2005, 11:18 PM
by the looks of the trailers it looks a lot darker than previous incarnations....hope so :)

bleeper
05-23-2005, 02:03 AM
by the looks of the trailers it looks a lot darker than previous incarnations....hope so :)
:shrug: You can make the earlier Zeldas dark. Just turn down the brightness on your tv...:beer:

gordon7up
05-23-2005, 08:06 PM
absolute genius...must try that.....

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2005, 08:06 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.