PDA

View Full Version : Master & Servant, Linda Bergkvist (2D)

Enayla
05-20-2005, 01:46 PM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/45074/45074_1116596799_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/45074/45074_1116596799.jpg)

Title: Master & Servant
Name: Linda Bergkvist
Software: Photoshop

So... this is my Master & Servant entry. Firstly, I just want to say thanks, again, to all the people who helped me out with this one. I don't think I've ever painted anything else that I put so much time and effort into, and thanks to the very focused crits, repainted and redid things that just didn't 'work' in it. Congratulations on everyone who finished theirs - and those who didn't, don't worry, we'll have equal fun on the next challenge! Anyway, I'm partly posting this so that those who feel like, can see a much bigger version of it :)
Here are some close-ups if you're interested:
http://www.fur/iae.com/images/spoiled-closeup.jpg
http://www.furi/ae.com/images/spoiled-closeup2.jpg
http://www.furi/ae.com/images/spoiled-closeup3.jpg
http://www.furi/ae.com/images/spoiled-closeup4.jpg
For those who haven't seen the actual M&S entry, here's the write up that goes along with it:
At times, Nature is the master of Humanity... and at other times, Humanity certainly rules Nature.
Nature makes us hurry inside when she weeps rain upon the world. With hurricanes, she toys with us. Tornadoes are used to punish, earthquakes to throw us about like pebbles in a child's game. We live on her land, and through that, she rules over us. Our very bodies belong to her - they age in rhythm with her, and they are subject to urges and desires that she imposes on us. In some ways, we're little but slaves to Nature's ways.
But Humanity... on the other hand... has found another way to dominate. Humanity destroys what we touch. We reach out towards pretty things in greed, and leave a trail of death behind. We fence the woods in, we run over the animals and poison the seas. Ours is a different kind of mastery but it is one nevertheless. Nature serves us because she has no other choice. Humanity always expects Nature to mend what damage we've done: heal the woods burned down, return the animals hunted to extinction and cleanse the seas... never considering what will happen the day Nature is no longer there to catch us.
In this piece, I tried to show this relationship. Humanity a naïve yet destructive burden, the smile on her lips slight and dreamy as she thinks of the beautiful flowers she will pluck and the lovely birds she will see while all around her these very things now fade away. She's blind to the destruction she causes. She knows that Nature will be there for her, she knows that there will always be the scent of flowers and always the gentle surge of the sea. She is Nature's master in that Nature has no choice but to try to catch her and always try to mend the damage she has done... but she is Nature's slave because she must breathe the air, drink the water and eat the food that only Nature can give her.

Topspin
05-21-2005, 01:23 AM
:bowdown:
Wooow!
Simply perfect! Amazing work!!!
Good luck for the challenge, it's in a very good way for sure!!

FIDUCIOSE
05-21-2005, 01:26 AM
Nothing to say anymore That's a perfect paint!

5 stars is not enought!

Respect.

Ac0rN
05-21-2005, 01:49 AM

5 stars is not enought!

Respect.

Aggred :thumbsup:

Neochris
05-21-2005, 02:08 AM
FANTASTICS!!
It's sooooooo brilliant!!!
Great color and great atmosphere, I love th style.
6 stars!

Rudeone
05-21-2005, 02:10 AM
Hi Linda,

Congratulations with finishing this beautifull masterpiece, IMO and that of a lot more viewers and participants of the challenge this is definitly the most amazing piece of em all. It was great watching your process, very inspiring.

lexManarae
05-21-2005, 02:14 AM

5 stars is not enought!

Respect.

Absoulutely Agree. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

bcairns
05-21-2005, 02:15 AM
Yay Linda!

Wow your final image turned out amazing. I've been watching your M&S thread from the beginning, and found it very enlightening to observe the process you go through from concept to final creation. Thank you for putting so much time and effort into this painting. The details, color, lighting, and thematic elements in this piece are absolutely incredible. I hope you will be selling prints of this sometime in the near future :).

You talked in your thread about post-creative depression. I hope you feel better soon :). Take some time off, go for a walk with Azrael, and find some new inspiration for your next image. I know it will be great as well.

Again, thanks for inspiring so many of us :thumbsup:.

--Brian

JMcWilliams
05-21-2005, 02:36 AM
Stunning women, and stunning work :D

xric7
05-21-2005, 02:59 AM
hi Linda,:)
i saw some of ur amazing works here.they're very impressive!!love every pieces i've seen.they have many things deep more than beauty.:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
anyway i'm wondered how the man-potrait made by u should be.i'm sorry if u've post it somewhere but i did'n see or if i make u bore with my bad Eng. :blush: :banghead:
cheers.:thumbsup: :buttrock:

retsbabe
05-21-2005, 03:36 AM
Once again i am no less than amazed by your work. Don't ever stop painting :)

Fiduciose is right when he said that 5 stars isnt enough. i really hope you win the contest.

good luck!

Arc80
05-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Lovely work Linda. very nice way of painting traditionally in digital medium. You captured that old master painting style. Great job and GOodluck :applause:

cheers

plaguelord
05-21-2005, 03:43 AM
I can´t believe my eyes... and I can´t say anything, this picture speak by herself...

mutou
05-21-2005, 03:49 AM
Wonderful!Each of your work is really very very beautiful and amazing!I love it so much!:thumbsup:

Enayla
05-21-2005, 04:01 AM
Just checking in and responding a little before trying to sleep again :]

Topspin -- thank you very kindly :]

FIDUCIOSE -- thank you so much :] I must admit to having voted 5 for yours as well, heheh. It's such a gorgeous piece, I'm glad you like mine.

Ac0rn -- Thank you :]

Neochris -- Thank you - it's always wonderful to hear that the work I put into the colours is appreciated. They're always what I work the hardest at, I think.

Rudeone -- Thank you very much :love: I've found this challenge to be so intensely inspiring. It was quite wonderful to work alongside all these great artists, get so much input, and then see their takes on the same theme. It's like the daily sketch group, only bigger!

lexManarae -- Thank you :D

bcairns -- Thanks :] It's funny how many stages one goes through with an image. From liking the idea, to hating it, to being disappointed in oneself to being proud of accomplishing something new. With this piece, I'm happy to say I've done the very best I could with it - that's not often I can say that: usually, something intervenes... you run out of time or you have to give up for one reason or other, you know? I feel like it's done :] It's been such a strange thing having a thread where people could see this process which is usually very internal. And thanks, regarding the post-creative stuff, I'm feeling a little better already. I spent the evening with a good friend, chatting, we had lots of fun and she is such a cheerful girl she always picks my mood up.

JMcWilliams -- Thanks <3 Love your piece as well. Excellent work there, I'll go comment on it in a bit.

Xric7 -- Aw, thank you. I think your piece is one of the strongest of a challenge, so that's a big compliment coming from you. Thank you very much.

Retsbabe -- Thank you :] I promise I won't stop, lest I go blind or lose the use of my hands, heheh.

Arc80 -- Thank you :} The old artists are my greatest inspiration.

Plaguelord -- thank you very much :]

Mutou -- Thank you for your sweet words :]

peachysticks
05-21-2005, 04:01 AM
Nothing much left to say =D except maybe, I like how you decided to flip it at the end, personally I think it does look better this way, good job on the feet even though you don't like painting them, this is beautiful, you should be proud. :)

Sulla
05-21-2005, 04:08 AM
Always nice skill style and color. But cant say I normaly like the subject matter but thats more personal tast:) Have you done an article on the way you creat your images yet?

THECLYKE
05-21-2005, 04:41 AM

5 stars is not enought!

Respect.

I GO FOR A NIGHT SKY IN SAPCE AS FAR AS VOTES GO

Empath
05-21-2005, 04:49 AM
Already posted this as my background... any chance of this being available as a poster at some point?
As for the work itself, I've already drooled on you enough... :drool:

nobodee
05-21-2005, 06:21 AM
I've ran out of words for this one. I'm sorry ._.

Just wanted you to know that the whole creation process was stunning - I've learned more than I ever thought I would, especially about colours and colouring (my weaker side, eh >_>;;) You should do something similar again, hehe ;)

And seeing it this big... wow, just wow.

<3

MDN67
05-21-2005, 06:31 AM
a wondefull piece of art, the detail are incredible. On the foot of the woman, the detail are amazing of reality, impresive

morgue
05-21-2005, 08:36 AM
totally worship your talent :thumbsup:
as I said somewhere lost (the master and servant entry post) it makes me want to cry :°)

frameless
05-21-2005, 09:37 AM
Not much to say: Godlike! ^^
Wonderful colours and great sense of motion and poses,
You have got my vote for the m&s challenge ;)

umbrellasky
05-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Once again amazing work!! I love seeing the close ups all the little details are amazing. My best wishes to you in the challenge I'm sure you will do well.

Magnificant piece thankyou for honour of letting us see your progress :)

paulwdavidson
05-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Well....! What can I write that hasn't already been written that compliments your well deserved example of artistic genius. I remember first being made aware of your art around two weeks into the challenge, which provoked a response from me in your thread which went simply...................'Gobsmacked!' That's all I wrote, because I've never before and still haven't seen anyone paint that well digitally. I mean that as well. I'm constantly looking through the net for interesting artists (like one does, to see what is out there, and what it takes to be a great artist) Well Enayla, I think you have a special gift, and from this point on, I will always seek out your art to see what you are up to, and to watch your development because quite frankly I think you're excellent.

Like I once wrote.........Gobsmacked!

Keep up the good work.

Paul

John Keates
05-21-2005, 10:00 AM
I like the story behind this, it is interesting the way that we personify things and maybe we need to do more of it to tell stories relevent to todays issues.

Beautifully painted of course. I think you pushed the bar up a little on this one - there is a real subtlety in the skin tones. I particularly like the feet - they remind me of some of Caravaggios paintings ( I think he was the first to paint dirty feet ).

I have always loved the way that you get so much colour variety but at the same time each image has an overiding colour. Something I failed to do in my challenge entry.

You are a master

AmaThuS
05-21-2005, 11:42 AM
Wow...amazing atmosphere! Simply beautiful!

Thanks for the inspiration signorina. :o)

direndra
05-21-2005, 11:57 AM
superb ......:buttrock: .....nice paiting ...!!!"

PeterPuppet
05-21-2005, 12:37 PM

peace, pete

*speachless*

(I´m always getting this message when I´m trying to rate your pic.:

"According to our records you have already voted on this thread. Changing votes is not allowed."

The first time I tried, it worked. I gave you 5 of course but since than this message is showing up... ;) )

giza
05-21-2005, 12:46 PM
Great work as always. You have a really elegant tecnique.

mimo8
05-21-2005, 01:14 PM
the technique is superb, but it is even surpassed by its content.
you really used your great skills to tell a very actual story in an magnificent way.
I like the different thematic layers of this image alot.
First the two women standing there and the question what holds them together. the sensual tension between them, but also some danger.
then the animals arround, first looking cute and nice, but giving it a closer look we see that there is also dead an destruction ...
very complex painting

good luck

abourabe
05-21-2005, 01:30 PM
what can I say ? This is truly breathtaking stuff !
wonderful piece Linda very impressive

EternalArt
05-21-2005, 01:54 PM
:bounce: Ammmmmmmmmmmmmmmazing work :thumbsup:
I don't know what i say ( no comment )

Enayla
05-21-2005, 01:58 PM
Peachysticks -- Thank you :] the decision to flip it was a difficult one to make. Usually, when I keep the process to myself, I flip the picture back and forth a LOT of times, and then just pick the best one, and no one's the wiser for it... but in this case, everyone had managed to get used to the other version and when I ended up liking THIS version more, it was difficult. I'm glad I went with this though, and happy you think it's better this way :D

Sulla -- Thank you :] And yea, one can't satisfy everyone's wishes. There's sort of a process article in the Master and Servant thread, and if that's not in your taste, you'll have to pick up D'artiste :]

THE CLYKE -- Thank you kindly :)

Empath -- Aw, thanks! I'm hoping I'll be able to sell the print in huge size through cgprints when it's set up :]

D-NA -- Thank you :] I really appreciated all your comments in my M&S thread, and I'm sorry I never got to respond to everything there... there was just a bit too much TO respond to at the same time as I was trying to paint, ha ha.

MDN67 -- Thanks :] The feet ended up being almost overworked because I was trying so hard to get them right - it's difficult painting things you don't really 'like' to paint, you know?

Morgue -- Thankee :]

Frameless - Thank you very much :] No voting this time around, though, heheh.

Enialadam -- Thanks :] Best wishes to you, too!

Paul -- :blush: Wow, thanks. That's one of the sweetest comments I've ever received... much appreciated.

John Keates -- Thank you :] I'm always SO thrilled to hear that someone likes the way I did the feet as they were, without the shadow of a doubt, the most difficult part of this painting for me.

AmaThuS -- Thank you :D

Direnda -- Thank you :]

Peteboy -- Hahah, aw, thanks! <3

Giza -- Thanks :)

Mimo8 -- Thanks :] for once, I felt I had almost too much I wanted to say with this one piece, while wanting to keep it discreet and not forcing my opinions on the viewer, nor making the story too obvious. I like looking at pictures and figuring the relationships out - that's what I was aiming for. Again, thank you.

Abourabe -- Much appreciated :] Thanks!

Eternal Art -- :bounce: thank you!

keight
05-21-2005, 02:06 PM
Of all of the pieces I've been able to see of this challenge, this piece is the one that most clearly, thoroughly, and beautifully, illustrates the well concieved concept on which it is founded. Though I know you can clearly see where you feel you couldn't quite match the glowing image in your mind, you've already said as much, we viewers cannot. I do think it is wonderfully beautiful and thoroughly worth all of your effort. Good luck with the voting.

schaal
05-21-2005, 02:08 PM
Linda,

Great image.

Very misterious, very attractive, reminds me great painters of 19 century, like Alma -Tadema and Waterhouse, but you bring something new and very personal to the romantic art.

And your talent surpass any medium, digital or traditional.

Good luck in the challenge.

Bye :)

raoshu
05-21-2005, 02:15 PM
自然女神的表情----疼爱夹杂着痛惜
人类女子的表情----安详夹杂着任性
主题和细节,人物的塑造和表情,我想艺术品的生命是因为艺术家的思想而生生不息的!

the countenance of your "nature"-----treasure and feel sorry for hurmanity

the countenance of your "humanity"-----calm and willful

theme and detail, skilful and ponder, :thumbsup: i think the vitality of art is the thought of the artist!!

offbeatworlds
05-21-2005, 02:18 PM
Ok, I already wrote this entire comment in the Master and Servant entry, and it was really long. I think this painting deserves to hear it all over again, and you too, so I copied and pasted it here (lazy I know, but it's got to do with lack of time and already having written it):

My god...this is just...ugh, I can't think of a word that would properly describe this, because any word I think of is an understatement. This is just...supercalifragilisticexpealidocious. :blush:

Everything is gorgeous, all the details, they're just astounding. Let's see just how long of a comment I can make on this, hmm?

*clears throat*

The dress patterns are so beautiful, they add a lot of reality to the characters in a very subtle way. They are very easy on the eye and create interest in the fabric. The flowers and such popping out of Nature's dress are perfect, they truly look as though they are part of it. The insects are great, they look just like they should, and the butterflies are so amazing. The detail you put in every single wing, it's just astounding. And each butterfly is different, with different color schemes for each and different patterns. Wonderful.

The birds need a whole paragraph to themselves, because they are great! I love how you made their feathers shiny and slightly iridescent. That's something that really helped with the realism of the birds, because, if I remember correctly, you made these fellas up. But one would never guess that when looking at this image. I particularly like the turquiose bird who's wing is deteriorating behind Humanity. But I also like the red-headed on behind Nature's head, because it's beak looks so exotic and yet so real.

The faces are gorgeous. I really think that opening up Nature's mouth helped bring out the emotion on her face, she looks a bit more surprised that Humanity has just fallen into her arms, resistant and yet ready for her. Humanity is great as well, she has a wonderfully evil look on her face. She is most certainly "spoiled". She seems very haughty and self-centered. She knows that Nature will catch her.

The background is great. It's so discreet, but really detailed. Amazing work on that. The peaches are great, so full of color and liveliness, it just makes me want to pluck one out of the painting and eat it (that is, if I liked peaches to begin with, LOL). I really like the little bird sitting on the branch. One thing that really sticks out is the grass behind Nature. It looks so realistic that its just....hmm, wonderful! Everything in the grass, and the trees and everything, it's just great.

Overall, I give it two very, very happy thumbs up. This painting rocks, I love it, it's great. I can only dream of painting a picture as detailed as this someday in my life. *dreams*

Keep up the wonderful paintings, Linda, because this one is great, and I look forward to more.

And I truly mean it too.

francescaluce
05-21-2005, 02:43 PM
incredible picture !!
it is also incredible how all your words about, in the introduction,
are completely wrong and at the end is always your obsession
that come out.

ciao
francesca

navate
05-21-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh, Linda... this bigger version makes it even better. I can't even grasp how much detail was put into this piece... My favorite parts are the feet (all the more amazing that they turned out so wonderfully, because I know they give you trouble), Humanity's freckles (<3!), that half-skeletal bird behind Huamity, and the tassle things on Nature's dress. I don't even need to mention their faces--and I'm flabbergasted at how well you managed to mesh so much detail next to Nature's mask and not overpower her expression. This has been a learning experience for us all, methinks. <3 But more than anything, thank -you- for being so incredibly receptive to everyone else's suggestions (and for having the stubborness to go back and act on those suggestions). You're absolutely inspiring. <3<3 Can't express how enriching seeing your process and all the generous detail shots has been for me. This piece is phenomenal. Good luck! :D

(Squee, you changed your signature! Hahah, I'm so used to seeing the E; its weird to see your name instead ;D )

WASOIL
05-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Beautiful work, superb environment I like much
Sorry for my poor english

Nehym
05-21-2005, 03:32 PM
:love: Such a wonderful painting Linda. From the beginning to the last step, it was absolutly fascinating to see you work on this.

Again, i am totally in love with the fabric you painted, so subtle yet still very detailed. Every little touches here and there popping out is a pure joy to notice. Every creature you added is different from the others and them alone are a joy to see and look at all their details.

Their expressions are also better this way, conveying a little more the toughts you wanted itto convey, yet again, they are very subtle.

Not mentionning all of the symbolism in it and your writting that goes with it that just fits perfectly. :)

I think this is what i actually prefer the most about your paintings; the subtlety of the detailing, making them very soft for the eye, sometime almost not noticeable, but it is there and of course your writting and stories, the way you illustrate them to tell the story graphically. And of course the way you use colors in such a way that we can take it as a detail telling the story itself.

I'm not sure of what else i could add that has not been mentionned yet so i'll leave it there, enoguh for now. Gorgeous painting once again. Your rest is well deserved, after all those hours staying up to work on this, but don't exhaust yourself too much!

Take care, Linda! :)

GekiSan
05-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Omg, this is simply amazing! :applause:

ArtisticVisions
05-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Hello Linda, :)
As I said in your M/S thread, this illustration is absolutely breathtaking, wonderful, and perfect. I'm very glad to get a chance to see a larger version, as I can see even more details of the image that I wasn't aware of before (like the freckles on the girl). Excellence. :applause:

On another note, thank you very much for allowing me to use your M/S entry as an example of digital art for my Informative Speech in college last week :) . My classmates were completely floored to see that a person could create such a beautiful artwork on the computer; anyone who ever says that digital art is an automated, cold, and emotionless medium after having seen any of your works is utterly insane as you are living proof that it is artist who is responsible for creating Art, not the medium. Thanks again. :)

Ego
05-21-2005, 04:14 PM
Amazing piece of work! Leaves me breathless.

Enayla
05-21-2005, 04:26 PM
Keight -- Aw, thank you. I think most people have an image in their heads when they start out on a painting, and it's pretty impossible to actually reach that vision. Part of the fun is trying, though.

Schaal -- thank you kindly... Alma-Tadema and Waterhouse are among my favourite painters. Romantic art always strikes a chord with me, and I try to grapple with it in my own little way. It's a great compliment to hear that I remind you of their wonderful work, thank you.

Raoshu -- Thank you :] That is a very interesting interpretation of the piece - I love to see that people 'see' things in the painting, just like I was hoping to.

Sylvana -- I saw that comment and it really made me blush (and it is, again). Thank you so much, Steph, that means a lot to me. You were one of the people who really supported me throughout the thread, and I am truly grateful for that :]

Francescaluce -- Thank you :] I'm not entirely sure what you mean about the words being wrong, but, it's all a matter of interpretation I suppose.

Lauren -- Aw, thanks. I really, really appreciated your input in the thread - I love how you're never afraid to point out when I've messed up somehow, it's that kind of constructive criticism that I really need... and part of what made this challenge so wonderful to partake in. I hope you'll join in next time around :D Haha, and yeah, I changed the signature - this wonderful lady who is helping me out with my business suggested that unless I intend to trademark Enayla, it's better if I sign the paintings with my actual name. She's right, of course, so there we are... using Linda Bergkvist instead of the good ol' E.

Red rocket -- Thank you :D

Lilie -- Thank you :D You're always such a total sweetheart. A very heartwarming comment, put a big smile on my lips.

GekiSan -- Thanks :D Hilarious avatar, by the way, ha ha, it's almost scary.

ArtisticVisions -- Thank you very much. And you're totally welcome - it's an honour to know someone's used me to demonstrate a point in a speech, heheh. So, anytime <3

Queensoul -- Thankee :] I'm glad you like it.

Heheh, while I was typing this, someone gave the piece a vote of 1. I'd have loved to have known the reasons behind the vote - according to someone I must have failed terribly in the painting. It would have been nice to have known where I messed up.

ImitatoR
05-21-2005, 06:35 PM
OMG :eek:
MAGNIFICENT! Concept, colors, details, technique... Mmmm, it's PERFECT!
Respect! I wish u win ;)

AndyH
05-21-2005, 08:22 PM
Mehh... Its ok i suppose....

:eek:

Frickin amazing work, linda! I stayed relatively quiet on your WIP thread cos i couldnt possibly find anything to suggest or crit!
All i can say, is well done, and congrats on gracing the cover of the future M&S book - Its pretty much as good as yours anyway!

Its great to see a modern painter who embraces the rich qualities of the classical painters like bougeaureu (spelling?) and waterhouse.

Your entry and poshspice's entry are my 2 fave ones in the whole comp - 2d or 3d!

:thumbsup:

turtle-rn
05-21-2005, 09:34 PM
There's little to add to the glowing comments from other members, but I wanted to be part of the five-star sweep for this beautiful in every way painting! it is nothing short of a masterpiece. :wise:

feero
05-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Wow its just inhuman...so perfect. It make me feel a lot of emotions...

yonna
05-21-2005, 11:08 PM
Seeing you post works like this makes me want to paint more and more. Such a high details and impeccable lighting and moods. Adorable. I hope you can forgive me when i write you some small minor critties:

# The foreground is very full. I always try to recognise a line that connects all attention-objects to each other but its hard to see a pattern in this piece. From a distance, nothing is wrong, the birds blend well with the background. But from nearby, i dont know where to start to look.

# An extra layer for the environment to create more depth. From another site i learnt that you have to place at least 3 layers; foreground, middle and background. You have them in your other works!

# In one of your wips, the woman to the right wasnt looking to the woman but to a bird instead. I really loved that. It completes the distant cold expression she has next to the mask and the way she holds her. But i could be wrong, maybe she was never watching a bird. I didnt see it at such a high resolution like i do now.

# If you flipped it back, there would be more emphasis on the blonde falling into the arms of the other girl. We western people read from left to right even with paintings so you'll be like almost pushing her in her arms. But its ok if that wasnt your intention.

Goro
05-22-2005, 11:27 AM
Hey Linda! Congrats on this Painting! It's definetly one of you best!
Hope you find some time for Typing now ;)

cheers!
Goro

addy
05-22-2005, 03:47 PM
hi Linda

i feel like the kid next door on the tricycle (in The Incredibles) when he screams with excitement - "That was totally WICKED!!!"

truly exceptional...!
All The Best!

rgds
Addy

TheFirstAngel
05-22-2005, 05:04 PM
Hi Linda,

you definately painted just a dream! congratulations again on your most beautifull and deep work. best of luck and all the best :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: keep on rocking!

mangual
05-22-2005, 05:21 PM
Well...

Thank you for showing us what is possible.

--Mangual

jmBoekestein
05-22-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm sorry for not posting before:sad:, had I seen it sooner I would have allready. but...:cry:...it's gorgeous!

I've said it before Linda, but I just have to again...:surprised...it's plain magic how you portrayed nature, I absolutely love her! I'm glad you took out the more gorey blood on her. The revearance (sp?) for nature is so alive in you. I just love it!
:love:
I would have you know what I love about it, seems the least I can do. So here goes.
The pose is really beautiful and strong, reminds me of a horse:p, the elegance in the balancing she does. I absolutely love her face and the flow of the details! I'm a sucker for these little extra's. The butterflies and the mask, just the life in and around her face.
And the placement of them catches my eye right off, And brings the tension out rapidly, natures look and expression have this effortless speech or intent in her resolve on her, it's a joy to see. The time and care spent on the details really shows.:blush: The ranting would never end here...
I'm just trying to put thoughts into words, which I'm not particularly known for doing well. Just telling what I read/sense/feel of it, if you will...:surprised
Aiieee!!! The whole energy and poise of the composition, the elegance in the forms, the stunning details. You have such great insight into colours I tell you, it's beyond me! For instance the big red apples on top right, anyone else would have muddled the balance there. Now it adds to the tension and dramatic energy, I mean I feel like the bird in top right is trying to lash out in revenge or fear. I could just go on with it, I'm such a softy for such paintings.
Well I better give it up...I'm a sucker for this painting, I feel like a derelict treehugger again. ;)It wakes that passion again, Just want to thank you for showing a bigger version to us. It's going on my desktop, simply because it inspires me to better character work, attention to detail and drama.
So I hope this helps a bit with your depression, it has real effect, your work. :blush:I feel rather embarassed now, but no sense in deleting after trying so hard to explain.
PS:Some Sweeds I know passed me this link, maybe you can have a laugh with it too, the text is swedish I think. <insert anything here>.istheshit.net or just press random for a random one. Here's one I like: blink (http://incontinence.istheshit.net/)
and this one's pretty weird too, lol: blop (http://pants.istheshit.net/)
Won't go for this guy probably (argh out of smiley budget): bwoop (http://ukelele.istheshit.net/)
It's good to relax a bit and laugh. Listen to the laughing yogi *winks*
link (http://www.boreme.com/bm/APR05/a/laughing-yoga/fr.htm)

Garma
05-22-2005, 10:07 PM
gorgeous. I followed your thread closely, loved to see how you work. The power of this picture lies in the details. They're everywhere, every close-up is a piece of art on itself. I really would love to have a printed copy of this one. Are you gonna sell it as a poster?

If not, I'll probably buy the M&S-book that will come out.

Dulshad03
05-23-2005, 02:08 AM
This is possibly one of my favourite pieces of art since the rennaissance time.

Blitz55
05-23-2005, 05:35 AM
Smooth Stuff Linda
My favoret part is the blond girls feet :buttrock:

Kamui
05-23-2005, 09:51 AM
OMFG, this is incredible. Absolutely stunning!

willemo
05-23-2005, 11:05 AM
One word - WOW!

Miyagu
05-23-2005, 01:23 PM
:love: sooo beautiful! :)
*wants to see this on the cover!!!*

sending the very very best wishes.. and keep on painting! :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Enayla
05-23-2005, 02:11 PM
ImitatoR -- Aw, thank you kindly <3

Andy -- Heeh, thank you, that means a lot coming from you. I know, for instance, that you don't like fantasy work as a general rule and I'm usually considered a fantasy artist. It also makes my heart go 'whee' when someone tells me that my work has something of the old classical painters in it... as those are, as I'm sure I've said before, my greatest inspirations. Much hugs to you.

turtle-rn -- Thank you very much :]

feero -- thank you :love:

jĺnnis -- Whee, thank you for the kind words and the helpful crits. I don't think I'll be going back to work more on this piece in a good long while, though. I've worked almost too much on it already and I can hardly stand the sight of it. If I do end up going back to it once I have put some distance between myself and the painting, I'll be sure to keep your good suggestions in mind. I think I'll keep Nature looking at the woman, though, because I prefer it more like that - but I'll do what I can with the foreground and such :] Thanks!

Goro -- Haha, my life is just work, work, work right now, I swear I'll get to the Typing really soon :D Thank you, I just love your piece.

Addy -- heheh, that made me giggle, thank you :love:

Sacha -- Thankee :] I saw your final piece, wow! I'll comment on it more later, but I just had to get that out.

Mangual -- wow, thank you <3 that's very sweet of you :blush:

Jan-Mark -- Aw, you're such a total darling. Made me smile all big and happy like, reading your post. I suppose both of us, being nature-people of some kind, might take to this kind of portraiture more than those who aren't so into such things. I realised that you were of course right when you said earlier that I do moralise a little in my work, this one being an example of 'how' I do it. Thank you :}

Garma -- Thank you very much. I really do intend to sell this one as a poster, but only large format as a smaller print really won't do it any kind of justice - probably through CGprints here if they want it :} Might even sell it signed, heheh. Thankee, again.

Dulshad03 -- :blush: Thank you!

Kamui -- Thankee :}

Willemo -- Thank you :)

Dunkelgold -- Thank you sweetie :]

Jezzarts
05-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Hi Linda, your attention to detail blows my mind!, so much to take in an ponder. It is clear that you have honed your skills to a level many can only dream of. Congrats on a great piece of art.
:) also, thanks for the kind words regarding my entry! I'd love to be able to develope a style of my own such as you have with your pieces.

ms@zx
05-23-2005, 05:56 PM
flawless piece of work~there's so much to learn from u just by looking at this one.keeps me inspired.http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/scream.gif

khaleghi
05-23-2005, 06:11 PM
it`s very very nice :thumbsup: :love:

5 star is not enough.

TheFirstAngel
05-23-2005, 08:02 PM
:) thank you so much Linda, makes me happy you like it! you always been a huge inspiration to all of us, i can tell. keep on rocking!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

inky2
05-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Hi,Linda! your work is magnificent-beautiful colour pallete,love to detail,the mastery of technique.I wish success to your work.Only one guestion-why you decide to flip horizontal your compozicion/for my opinion first varian was acceptable to the eye more comfortable/? I put 5 stars,but it is not enough...I cannot to appreciate real art with marks.

chump
05-24-2005, 08:58 AM
Oh my god... Your pic are the one of best work I have seen in my life.

smoothoperator
05-24-2005, 01:10 PM
The brush never lies...I can feel the love and romance that you have inside you from seeing your work. It's incredible.
This is a passionate piece with soo much emotion. The use of color and light on thier bodies is amazing. The detials on the garments is great...I love that you give that just as much attention as everything else in the piece. The addition of animals in your works adds so much life and movement. Very well done. And I was just watching the film "The Phantom of the Opera" yesterday night. It reminds me of the "Masquerade". Maybe we can see a piece done on that..in a ballroom of some kind? :)
And I noticed you practically respond to every comment. Wow.

I can see you having success at garment/fashion design too. Would you consider it if you had the time?

carbonmatter
05-24-2005, 02:02 PM
Wow, impressive! Thanks for posting the details - very interesting to see your control of soft focus and hard detail - you put a lot of effort into your work and it shows! Modern twist to the european classic style and the intringue of the Pre-Raphaelites - kudos!

Vision_of_Escaflowne
05-24-2005, 02:17 PM
You are really playing with my heart with your art.
do you belive that you made me and my GF back to each other just by sending these pictures to her
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=179689
and the current one
thank you very much.

i think you can make the world live in peace just by your drawings

Sargoth
05-24-2005, 02:33 PM

with photoshop

:)

man. you've set a new standrad for me :/ the picture is excellent, beautiful and harmonic.:bounce:

Ishtar
05-24-2005, 03:50 PM
It's very, very, very beautiful ! :)
colors, details ( :eek: ).... Congratulations ! :applause:

realfantasy
05-24-2005, 04:42 PM
WOW.... (speechless...)What can I say...
I am a big fan of yours.
I have collected all your works.
Hope one day I will be able to reach your level... (<-- dreaming)

Trower
05-24-2005, 04:44 PM
You would think that someone could overdose on an artists work... especially when said artist is as prolific as Ms. Bergkvist...

Not in my case... My eyes tear with the strain of staring so hard, and yet stare I still do.

Great stuff Linda.

Regards.

offbeatworlds
05-24-2005, 06:15 PM
Haha, yet another one that made it into the CGChoice Gallery, Linda!

You know, I'm really starting to think that you are going to start getting all of your paintings into this gallery. But you totally deserve it so, great job!

jmBoekestein
05-24-2005, 10:30 PM
:blush:I didn't mean that, but coming from you that means a lot <3.

Just happy to know you're smiling!:D

Aznguy
05-25-2005, 12:06 AM
very nice i love this image a lot, especially the pose as they are holding each other close

chilombiano
05-25-2005, 01:58 AM
that is my new screensaver..really beautiful!!!
Pleaseeee post a tutorial somewere!

metalmattica
05-25-2005, 03:36 AM
that allway best butifull you done!

i love you work ,keep it on ,i want more~and more~

damien_kee
05-25-2005, 08:13 AM
wow... amazing!
:thumbsup:

LightSovereign
05-25-2005, 09:57 AM
Although i think the peice is perhaps one of your best on a technical note, I really like your avatar!......

heh well yea, this cg competition seems to bring out the best in people. I have noticed significant leaps in skill by many, yourself included!. Well done linda

Marley

Sung-jae Kim
05-25-2005, 10:35 AM
Awesome~
I hope you win the challenge! :thumbsup:

JiCe
05-25-2005, 11:54 AM
what could i say ....Wow

missing evening
05-25-2005, 01:15 PM
i hear music, blue,secret music flow out from this painting......stunning!!:thumbsup:

rictormortis
05-25-2005, 01:55 PM
that has to be one of the most beautiful paintings i think ive ever seen, the girl with blonde hair
has the most sweet expression of peace on her face, wow! amazing work! you truly are an inspiration for all artists out there.

songb0y
05-25-2005, 04:06 PM
Inspiring beyond compare, and worthy of finally posting to this thread.

concept
composition
color
narrative
'wow' factor
All amazingly well done and you deserve the win in this competition. You're story and process are so inspiring, but it truly is what you say subconsiously through your work that is the most impressive. You make it look too easy!

You've successfully inspired one more to enter the next challenge. (these architectural renderings were getting so boring anyway).

We all thank you for this image and proof of what truly is possible in a digital arts medium.

Ciao! :applause:

pete2806
05-25-2005, 08:33 PM
i think everyone else has said what needs to be said

an excellant picture and the attention to natures decaying ways (thanx to us) is, i find, the most touching. your description tells passionately what the image powerfully displays!
spot on, i love it

i-karunakaran
05-26-2005, 10:18 AM
i like u r all post,,, itis superp

aj_maceachern
05-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Could'nt quite believe my eyes when i saw this...pretty stunning... Looking at this one and some of your past entries i was wondeing if you used photographic reference for you drapery, the transparent quality is spot on.

Sure sign of great drawing when you flip the image and it still looks great!

Fish-KAart
05-26-2005, 03:44 PM
I think-that you any more do not impress compliments becoz too much at you them was. Because your works really make strong impression.. This work is one more very much greater step to perfection. I congratulate!! Is glad to see growth-at already high reached result. You-clear heads! My compliment-you one of few people at which to me is to that to learn. Also it would be desirable to learn. Yesterday intended to write to you it to a forum on your site-thit has not left. проблеммы with English and with possession of an Internet have prevented to be registered to me. In it I неопытна also am awkward. Thanks! Viewing of your works is very useful to me and delivers to me the big pleasure. I wish the further successes!! :)

RealCapri
05-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Dear Linda, with you being my favourite artist. I must congratulate you once more & tell you again how much I love this piece from you. It's more of a gift to me being able to see such a beautiful artwork, let alone I (& many others) had the opportunity to apparently stand beside you in your M&S thread and see how you progress from your concept to the final piece. It's really an enjoyable process :applause:

Looking very much forward to see your next painting :)

chipstick
05-27-2005, 12:49 AM
i just have to say...absolutely stunning!
i'm gob smacked :eek:

penartist26
05-27-2005, 05:43 AM
wow linda' ur art is so amazing' no critiqz here seen ur past work and it reallly makes me to draw more ur one of a inspiration when it comes to digital paint' good job! :)

sebastienc
05-27-2005, 01:22 PM
i love your work really
sorry for my bad english

hermine
05-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Among other things, the two characters are done from photos...right?

Freefall Omega
05-27-2005, 02:12 PM
its just not fair!

camtheman
05-27-2005, 03:53 PM
I just wanted to say your art is very inspiring and after reading your words and watching your thread, I have found a new level of commitment within myself towards my art. Thank you for moving me to become a better artist. I hope to give that gift to other artists in turn...

Good luck!

DavidRyan
05-28-2005, 04:09 AM
WOW```````:thumbsup:

SPRINGZUO
05-28-2005, 06:47 AM
I like it ,look like "eyes wide shut"~~~~~:)

SPRINGZUO
05-28-2005, 07:19 AM
I like it~~~~like "eyes wide shut" :)

Lonekeeper
05-28-2005, 10:44 AM
linda i love you!!!

seccad
05-28-2005, 12:34 PM
woow my god!! very very very good

GonzaloGolpe
05-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Wonderful avatar!:D

GonzaloGolpe
05-28-2005, 03:26 PM
hehe, escellent composition!love the feet of the "white girl". I´ve looked at your works and perhaps you´d interested on several works of a contemporary spanish artist called Eduardo Naranjo. Here is a link http://www.artelibre.net/ARTELIBRE1/NARANJO/naranjo.htm he paints with oils. Afew years ago I saw an exhibition and looked great to me.

Congratulations for your effort and patient to do this awesome work!:thumbsup:

Zalo

klady
05-29-2005, 06:57 AM
Like your work very much, draw very meticulous, the color is also very beautiful, you are the target that I study

Thewipe
05-29-2005, 08:47 AM
very Beautiful , master's brushstrokes.

Squibbit
05-29-2005, 10:54 AM
wow , you're already in the Choice gallery, who woulda known ?

this mean u gonna keep on painting and not move on to,say ,driving a bus?

Squibbit
05-29-2005, 04:42 PM
another question popped into mind while watching one of Dusso's DVD's...
u done any Gnomon DVD's and if you haven't are you going to ?

A LOT of people would be mightily interested to see you work!
I'd buy the DVD so fast !

Just a couple more questions (since your Q&A thread was closed I gotta
bring em here :)) :

- If you did a Gnomon DVD, would you narrate it in swedish , or would you
have one of them great german voice actors dub it in german ?

-U like blue cheese?

dat's it, I hope I haven't been of much menace, have a nice day :thumbsup:

Hot Hot Heat
05-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Excellent work! :thumbsup:

ooilouis
05-30-2005, 02:50 AM
Ya!Is perfect paint!:love:

SpaceTik
05-30-2005, 04:57 PM
Hi Linda, you have really out done your self with this 1!! I think it's your best so far...
The great masters have nothing on you! :)

It's really great to read all these pages and pages of well deserved praise. I hope it inspires you even more to even greater heights!!

well done!

MaraxCruz
05-30-2005, 05:10 PM
F A N T A S T I C !!

Jimal
05-31-2005, 02:59 AM
Nothing To Say ! Perfect!

ashrumm
05-31-2005, 03:14 AM
I enjoy your warm pallete, fall colors always have a way of getting to me. I couldn't help but comment on your work since i have yet to say anything about your wonderful art work. I really love this piece, you really know how to create soft, serene, and elegant art. :)

mac_0911
05-31-2005, 05:55 AM
woah! great work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
i give it two thumbs up.

kudos to you, linda!

Jenela
05-31-2005, 10:10 AM
Absolutely fabulous!

biotep
05-31-2005, 11:35 AM
It's breathtaking, so nice I can't beleive but it's there!

Diegoth
05-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Well, even though I guess you won't take me seriosly, congratulations for this very, very detailed image, How long did you take?

There's something that I'm seeing in this piece, but maybe I'm wrong: The Nature Spirit arms are more yellow than red, and her legs are more red than yellow. I know it's just the light, maybe I'm wrong, I don't Know.

Well my greetings and one more question: Can I have some closeups about your piece mehach, please?

Well, My greetings, bye bye.

Jaded Force
05-31-2005, 07:23 PM
Ah.. Nice work, one crit though is the character seem like there not quite alive , or like half alive it's something i've seen in alot of painting done by you or well maybe it's the girl she seem really pale but they seem kinda frozen for being in a nature scene .Maybe it's the layer of dull palette of color in the background.Hm..can't put my finger on what gives it that quality , keep up the work though . The detail of the birds and clothes are great .Hm the painting is detailed but the details seem to wash out looking at the entire pic , I didn't notice it till I looked at the close ups , making it so the constrast from a distance isn't striking .,So to me it's not vibrant .

Keep up the good work

Jaded Force
05-31-2005, 07:24 PM
Hm more like certain area are really smooth and other areas the surface details are more visible.

Artfallman
06-01-2005, 10:44 AM
Excellent work! CGTalk is home to some of the best artists I've ever seen, and you are no exception!

First thing I noticed was how well the people in it were painted. Right down to the reddish hue on the bottoms of the feet! An amazing anatomical accomplishment (not that illiterations are my forté)! The impression I'm left with is something of a symbolic setup - like it would be a scene in a play. The explanation you provided definitely helped to clear up the meaning of this work of art.

Artfallman

eddOw
06-02-2005, 02:24 AM
Smooth,dreamy,beauty - Perfect!!!

bomtill
06-02-2005, 07:57 AM
Beautiful, the hair is just gorgeous, and the birds have such a great sense of movement

trully inspirational

five stars all the way

durbdk
06-02-2005, 01:33 PM
Fabulous use of light and color; congradulations on a terrific piece!

sebastienc
06-02-2005, 05:41 PM
wy there have blood on her and wy the bird going to death?

Squibbit
06-02-2005, 09:49 PM
wy there have blood on her and wy the bird going to death?

she fumble wif bottil of red nailpolish an she faint cuz is her first mistaik.
even de birdeis don't taik it litely!

i fink

Nervlabs Resouces
06-02-2005, 11:02 PM
excellent work..

Ithilwen_Morgilion
06-03-2005, 02:38 PM
The colour is stunning! Nature's face is so beautiful, I was looking at it for ages amazed by the details. Its truly beautiful!

botched
06-03-2005, 03:20 PM
Absolutely fantastic! I love just about everything about this image. Your Kung-Fu is the BEST!

Sayuri
06-04-2005, 06:12 AM
Your paintings are always sooooooo great!

kisalon
06-04-2005, 07:15 PM
This is so awesome! It really looks like an oile painting, but even better! The colours and amount of details are so beautiful. Your style looks a lot like Christopher Vacher :) Amazing and inspiring work, you made me your devoted fan!

Empath
06-05-2005, 01:47 AM
This is so awesome! It really looks like an oile painting, but even better! The colours and amount of details are so beautiful. Your style looks a lot like Christopher Vacher :) Amazing and inspiring work, you made me your devoted fan!

[fanboy mode]
It's CHRISTOPHE Vacher, and yes both he and Linda are amazing. :drool:
[/fanboy mode]

Sting Chen
06-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Bravo!!
:love: very much

Michiel t.B.
06-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Linda Bergkvist, I love you. Period.

nachogrande
06-05-2005, 03:48 PM
What can I say to this masterpiece. I can only bow in front of it.

uub
06-05-2005, 10:35 PM
i was amazed that you managed to do all of that with just photoshop. i mean i've seen a lot of good photoshop works before but this one...well its in a category on its own
the only minor.....lack of perfection.....that i see is that sharp difference between the clear and highly detailed foreground and the bit gloomy background. although that could be atributed to the whole feel of the atmosphere and its motif.
all in all
like everybody's saying this is bound to receive some recognition :buttrock:

rezado
06-06-2005, 11:21 AM
Fantastic & brilliant you are so close to become "hero" in digital painting Linda.

Keep working

kaiart
06-07-2005, 04:44 AM
Linda,

I don't know who you are, but I RESPECT your talent. I'm a detail fanatic when I paint. It is the first and probably only skill I judge when viewing anyone's art. I'm a stickler and sometimes it takes alot to impress me.

And this piece has done just that, to say the least.

I echo the reply who compared your work to the old masters. This is a brilliant painting.
You will inspire many. If you have prints available please let us all know, or a website, I would very much like to visit it.

You will be known by many.

Kai

Kosala
06-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Woman, you are insanely brilliant. I have been following your work for a long time and its time I said something ;) Now I need to open photoshop and toil at something till I can do this as well as you. I look forward to seeing your future work.

vizjac
06-07-2005, 06:00 PM
Linda,

Your work is increadible. After seeing your very very beautiful picture on the "Post a picture of yourself" Thread I went to your website. Your work is,... well there is not an adjective to discribe your work. I only wish there was.

Khannalxy'tys
06-07-2005, 10:14 PM
Hello Linda,
I have registered myself on these forums a couple of years ago. I regret to say I have been somewhat "asleep" here ever since. Though after seeing a couple of your paintings I felt the urge to come and say something. Linda, you are the Queen of queens when it comes to digital painting. An inspiration to all of us linguistics/arts/woods-witch-hunting students. Keep up the great work :)

Sagii
06-08-2005, 03:57 AM
wow the detail is amazing. the mood the color wow.. the only critic I have is: nothing.!!! This is perfect and beautiful... how the hell do you do it? you are crazy talented those close ups are to die for.. I would kill to have half your talent.

:)

PlasteredSouLofA,Hologram
06-08-2005, 05:17 PM
I think what i'm going to say will in many ways reflect my title because it is a wonderful piece. i like the way nature as you show has her eyes opened looking focusly on humanity as you put it, and the way humanity's eyes are closed shut like she's waiting for, anticipating for something, a kiss or something to let her know that their in it together. yep it's a wonderful piecehttp://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/45074/45074_1116596799_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/45074/45074_1116596799.jpg)

Title: Master & Servant: Spoiled

So... this is my Master & Servant entry. Firstly, I just want to say thanks, again, to all the people who helped me out with this one. I don't think I've ever painted anything else that I put so much time and effort into, and thanks to the very focused crits, repainted and redid things that just didn't 'work' in it. Congratulations on everyone who finished theirs - and those who didn't, don't worry, we'll have equal fun on the next challenge! Anyway, I'm partly posting this so that those who feel like, can see a much bigger version of it :)

http://www.furiae.com/images/spoiled-closeup.jpg

http://www.furiae.com/images/spoiled-closeup2.jpg

http://www.furiae.com/images/spoiled-closeup3.jpg

http://www.furiae.com/images/spoiled-closeup4.jpg

For those who haven't seen the actual M&S entry, here's the write up that goes along with it:
At times, Nature is the master of Humanity... and at other times, Humanity certainly rules Nature.

Nature makes us hurry inside when she weeps rain upon the world. With hurricanes, she toys with us. Tornadoes are used to punish, earthquakes to throw us about like pebbles in a child's game. We live on her land, and through that, she rules over us. Our very bodies belong to her - they age in rhythm with her, and they are subject to urges and desires that she imposes on us. In some ways, we're little but slaves to Nature's ways.

But Humanity... on the other hand... has found another way to dominate. Humanity destroys what we touch. We reach out towards pretty things in greed, and leave a trail of death behind. We fence the woods in, we run over the animals and poison the seas. Ours is a different kind of mastery but it is one nevertheless. Nature serves us because she has no other choice. Humanity always expects Nature to mend what damage we've done: heal the woods burned down, return the animals hunted to extinction and cleanse the seas... never considering what will happen the day Nature is no longer there to catch us.

In this piece, I tried to show this relationship. Humanity a naďve yet destructive burden, the smile on her lips slight and dreamy as she thinks of the beautiful flowers she will pluck and the lovely birds she will see while all around her these very things now fade away. She's blind to the destruction she causes. She knows that Nature will be there for her, she knows that there will always be the scent of flowers and always the gentle surge of the sea. She is Nature's master in that Nature has no choice but to try to catch her and always try to mend the damage she has done... but she is Nature's slave because she must breathe the air, drink the water and eat the food that only Nature can give her. [/QUOTE]

tristan-bethe
06-08-2005, 06:21 PM
I bow in to your talent in sheer awe! The details leaves me staring mesmerized yet again!

xessis
06-09-2005, 02:39 AM
that is awesome!!! wish i cud b u!

pedram2010
06-09-2005, 07:14 AM
http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/45074/45074_1116596799_medium.jpg (http://www.cgnetworks.com/gallerycrits/45074/45074_1116596799.jpg)

In this piece, I tried to show this relationship. Humanity a naďve yet destructive burden, the smile on her lips slight and dreamy as she thinks of the beautiful flowers she will pluck and the lovely birds she will see while all around her these very things now fade away. She's blind to the destruction she causes. She knows that Nature will be there for her, she knows that there will always be the scent of flowers and always the gentle surge of the sea. She is Nature's master in that Nature has no choice but to try to catch her and always try to mend the damage she has done... but she is Nature's slave because she must breathe the air, drink the water and eat the food that only Nature can give her.
I can't say any thing
five stars isn't realy enough
congratulations Linda.

sergioKomic
06-09-2005, 08:09 AM
:wavey:I ve told you before and Im not ashamed to say it again, I bow down to you Miss B!:bowdown::bowdown: :bowdown::arteest::arteest:

Great work!

conceptx
06-09-2005, 10:01 AM
It's very inspiring and it teaches alot to see other people's work.
Thanks you so much Linda Bergkvist for sharing with us and all the best in the comp.
About the piece... it's all been said I can't add on.
:thumbsup: ;)

Rhenia
06-09-2005, 10:12 PM
All I can say is BEAUTIFUL.
I remember when you were first beginning this work of art on the M&S...You started out wonderfully...I have been away since.....and to see the outcome, well its jaw dropping.

olijosman
06-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Awe-some....It's great, Linda. I'm really love it:eek: :thumbsup: :applause:

jason-slab
06-10-2005, 10:16 AM
uuu i'm speechless, this must be the most amazing work i'v seen! your work just keeps getting better and better

congrats linda

|jason

yesul
06-10-2005, 12:05 PM
love :bounce:

yesul
06-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Truth it is a good picture :applause:

06-10-2005, 09:16 PM
hey your pic was great i really liked it i think i replied to or left a message to you already. i'm not sure. To be frankly honest i'm not sure about a lot of things on site but i keep coming because it's frankly very interesting. well i really liked your pic, sorry i'm new, talk to me later

06-10-2005, 09:19 PM
whatever i think i did it again well i don't know again i'm sorry

minminxu
06-11-2005, 01:47 PM
:eek: ~~~~ah ah ~~~~~good job~~~~i like this production~~~~:bounce: :thumbsup:

jinranlee
06-11-2005, 04:45 PM
your painting is very good , i like it.

enris
06-11-2005, 05:37 PM
:bowdown: perfect work....

Jeffparadox
06-13-2005, 12:54 AM
You're a Renaissance painter!!! I haven't seen anything like this before.

Lifthz
06-13-2005, 03:15 PM
There's only 1 other person here at CGtalk that I think is comparible to your quality of paint. Jesus, your work is just spectactular and indescribable and although I don't really like the homosexual theme... this is just amazing work. I think you've already won this unless Oli has anything. I would give this 10 stars if it was possible. Truly inspiring.

armocelu
06-13-2005, 03:37 PM
YOU'RE AMAZING!!!, i get caught for this beautyfull image at the very moment i see a detail in the "CGSociety newsletter". The brightfull and calm atmosphere, the majesty off the details and the extreme delicacy in the meticulous treatment you give to your characters it's incredible. If i look for words to describe what you do, then i need to be a poet, there is no other way. Congratulations:love:

dj_demo
06-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Amazingdetail,I love all the thinks in this paint

ArcanaArt
06-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi Linda.
great picture :-)
i just have a questions.

do you use any reference pictures? or photographs to make your art?
or is this all freehand?

/Paugfx

Skyraider3D
06-13-2005, 08:05 PM
I am sure everything has been said already, but I'd just like to say that I find this piece mighty impressive and your style and attention to detail is phenomenal. And this comes from a 3D mechanical modeller who generally isn't too interested in 2D stuff and character art :D Top class! :thumbsup:

Monkey FunkR
06-13-2005, 10:43 PM

Ah. Absolutely breath taking.

Just

beautiful!

QianyingD
06-14-2005, 09:00 AM
WOOW!~

its beautifull.....I like very much~

Tigermyuou
06-14-2005, 09:45 AM
Great painting!!! I love youk work.:thumbsup:

Tigermyuou
06-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Great painting !!! I love your work:thumbsup:

roozbeh007
06-16-2005, 04:50 AM
nothing left to say. http://www.cgtalk.com/images/icons/icon8.gif

Enayla
06-16-2005, 11:39 AM
My sincere apologies for not getting around to replying before now. I'm still a bit edgy about this piece since the contest isn't finished and I've tried not to think about it at all. But here we are :] And, oh my goodness, I've just sat down and typed no less than seven pages of replies for this thread! Seven!! My fingers hurt!

Jezzarts -- Thank you very much :] And you're welcome - I loved your entry.

ms@zx -- Thankee :D

Fredy -- Thank you kindly!

The1st_angel -- Thank you :] I have to say, by the way, the flow and warmth of your entry really makes me go back to it. Excellent stuff.

Inky2 -- Thank you :] I flipped the picture first and foremost because I liked it better turned this way… and secondly because I think the symbolism turned out nicer like this. The truth is, it was a difficult choice but as I was as used to seeing it turned this way as the other, I just went with my gut feeling.

Chump -- aw, thank you!

Smooth operator -- Thank you very much :] I love the Phantom of the Opera and have long wanted to do an interpretation of it, one way or the other. It's just that I never seem to be able to find the time. I've already got several other pieces planned out but I have no idea when I can actually get around to it. As for fashion design… I would definitely go down that path if I could sew. Alas…

Carbonmatter -- Thank you :) I'm glad to hear that so many people recognise the classic influences in this piece.

Vision of Escaflowne -- Aww. Congratulations on you and your girlfriend getting back together. That's lovely to hear!

Sargoth -- yup, photoshop. I can't seem to be able to grow used to and enjoy any other program :[ Thank you!

Ishtar -- Thank you!

Realfantasy -- Thanks :] And you're not 'dreaming'. It's just a matter of training and training - I hope to get a LOT better and learn SO much more in the years to come, and I'm very sure you will, too.

Trower -- Hi Ross :] Your comments are always appreciated: thank you so much!

Sylvana -- Haha, well, a few of them do make their way into the CGChoice gallery. I'm very grateful :) Thank you!

jmBoekestein -- <3

Aznguy -- Thank you very much :]

Chilombiano -- Thanks :] I have several tutorials available on my site, on top of having been part of the first D'artiste book.

Metalmattica -- thank you!

Damien_kee -- Thanks :]

Light Sovereign -- Haha, thanks. I must admit I like this avatar better than my old simple one. Thanks!

Sung-jae Kim -- Aw, thank you :)

JiCe -- Thank you for your kind comment :]

Missing evening -- thank you :]

Rictormortis -- aw, thanks :] I'm glad you like it.

Songb0y -- Thank you. I'm happy to hear you'll join the next challenge as well! I'm hoping I'll have time enough over to be part of that one as well.

Pete2806 -- Thankee :] I'm glad that you like how I depicted the concept. It was a pretty hard one to catch.

i.karunakaran -- Thanks!

Aj_maceachern -- Thank you :] Sometimes I use photographic reference for the fabrics, but for the most part, I'll set something up on a chair next to where I work. I find that photos really don't do the folds justice, it's easier to have a 'model' of it right in front of you, as it were.

Fish-KAart -- Aw, thank you very much.

RealCapri -- Thank you so much :] It's such a pity you didn't get to finish your challenge, I was really digging where it was going.

Simon Sturge -- Thankee :D

Nards26 -- Thank you :]

c.bastien -- Thank you - and don't feel a need to apologise for language. Not everyone is a native speaker nor has had the opportunity to study English as much as I have. I get what you mean, and that's all I need :]

hermine -- As stated in the M&S thread, I do use photographic references in places :] But the image isn't 'done' from photos, it's painted. Ended up changing the poses quite a lot from what I had originall intended.

Freefall Omega -- Aw, here, have a cookie! :)

Cameron Gardner -- Thank you so much. I absolutely loved your M&S entry. Very funny and powerful piece.

David.Ryan -- Thanks! :)

SPRINGZUO -- Thanks :] Wish I knew which part of it looked like that movie - I've not seen it myself. Maybe I should check it out :)

Lonekeeper -- Aw, haha, thanks!

Seccad -- Thank you :]

Gonzalo Golpe -- Haha, thanks! Very excellent link, by the way. Thanks for showing me!

Klady -- Thanks :)

Thewipe -- Thank you!

Squibbit -- Heheh, see? I'm getting to your questions now,a t last!

And, ya, I'm going to keep on painting. No worries there. I've not done any Gnomon DVD's - they've not asked me, and I'm not sure if I'd be any good at that kind of thing, to be honest. Heheh, maybe it WOULD work if I DID do it in Swedish - at least then I'd know that it would sound like absolute gibberish to most people. As for blue cheese - ewwwww….

Hot Hot Heat -- thanks!

Ooilouis -- Thanks :] Man your username was hard to spell!

SpaceTik -- Aw, thank you :] I do rank it among one of my personal best. I don't hate it after a week the way I usually do with paintings.

MaraxCruz -- thanks!

Jimal -- Aw, thanks! It's not perfect by far, but I'm glad I could trick you into not seeing the flaws… mwahahahaha.

Ashrumm -- Thank you :) I put a lot of heart and thought into the colour palettes, and it's always lovely to hear that the hard work is appreciated.

Mac_0911 -- Thank you!

Jenela -- Thankee :]

Biotep -- thank you very much :]

Diegoth -- Thanks :] I'm not sure how long it took. I worked on it for as long as the Challenge lasted. As for the colours on Nature's skin, they sort of vary across her body. I don't like to colour pick the skin colours to make them match across the image, and sometimes this means there'll be some minor variations. I don't have my Mehach piece here with me, I'm sorry. Not even sure where it is right now, I'll see if I can scrounge it up :)

Jaded Force -- Ah, yes, I've heard that before :] It's a problem I have and I'm working to move past it… but like with most issues and flaws one has, it's taking time and effort to get there. Thank you!

Artfallman -- Aw, thanks. I did put a lot of time into the women, as they're pretty much the focal point of the piece. And you've caught the symbolic theme, that’s great. The image is littered with little things I've loaded with personal symbolism, something that doesn't need to be interpreted, but it's there if one would care to look.

EddOw -- Thank you :D

Bomtill -- thank you :] I kept the hair of both characters relatively simple and undetailed (Nature's hair is mostly dark and Humanity's hair is mainly just blonde with a few stripes), as anything else seemed really distracting. Happy you like the oucome!

Durbdk -- Thank you kindly :]

C.bastien -- Aw… well… because humanity wounds nature by her presence, that'd be the simple and quick explanation.

Squib -- haha, so cute!

Nervlabs Resouces -- Thank you!

Ithilwen:Morgilion -- Thank you :] I suppose I put more work on Nature's face than Humanity's. I found her features far more appealing.

Botched -- Haha, my Kung-Fu, eh? Thanks!

Sayuri -- Thank you :]

K.Salonen -- Thanks! I'll take that as a compliment, Christophe Vacher is an excellent artist, one of my favourites.

Sting -- Thanks! <3

Michiel t.B. -- :blush: Heheh, thank you!

oDaYWaLKeRo -- Thank you. :curtseys:

uub -- Thanks :] Photoshop is actually a wonderfully versatile program. For me, it's so simple and easy to use since I've worked for so long in it, and the simple brush system really helps me get down and dirty with the detail. And yea, I totally see what you mean with your crit - I'm not sure why it ended up like that. I think I just liked the feel of it this way… I'll definitely try to do something better/different for my next piece!

Reza_d -- :blush: Thank you kindly.

Kaiart -- Aw… you flatter me. Thank you. It's nice hearing from another detail-freak that my efforts are appreciated… and this one will definitely be available for print, both on canvas and on normal paper… just not quite yet :]

Kosala -- Heheh, I'm more just 'insane' than 'insanely brilliant'. Just ask my friends, I'm a total dofus. Thank you, though!

Vizjac -- Thank you <3 That's so sweet.

Khannalxy'tys -- Aw, thanks. Comments like that make me all fluttery on the inside.

InesD -- Hahah, thanks! As long as you don't kill ME, yeah? :D

PlasteredSouLofA,Hologram -- Man, your username was hard to type! Thank you very much for your kind comment :]

Tristan_bethe -- Thankee :}

Xessis -- Aw, thanks! Being me is highly overrated though, I swear.

Pedram2010 -- Thank you so much!

SergioKomic -- Ack! No bowing, only hugging! :hugs: And thank you.

Conceptx -- Thank you very much :]

Rhenia -- Thanks :] As usual, the end result is quite different from the initial sketch, but I feel this is truer to what I had in mind than what I could convey with the sketch, you know? Thank you!

Olijosman -- Aw, that means so much coming from you! :D Whee!

Jason|slab -- Thank you :] Wonderful to hear that you think I'm improving!

Yesul -- aw, thanks!

Plastered -- Haha, you did reply already, but the second reply is also appreciated. Thank you!

Minmixu -- Thank you kindly :]

Jinranlee -- Thank you!

Enris -- Aw, you used your first post for me! Thanks!

Jeffparadoz --:blushes: Thank you!

Lifthz -- Aw, thanks :] I could name quite a few that are better than me, but it's all about taste, I suppose! Thank you. I have to admit, though, there's no homosexual theme in this piece: but it's all in the eyes of the beholder, and I don't mind if that's how people prefer to interpret it.

Armocelu -- Thank you very much. I was so happy to see the piece moved to the CGchoice gallery, as I far prefer it over some of my other pieces that are here - am also so, so, so happy and grateful that people like the piece. I put way too much time and love into this.

D_demo -- thank you :]

PauGfx -- Thank you :] I do use reference pictures, that I take myself of my friends in, well, absolutely horrid clothes. I've got reference pictures for this one piece (that I can unfortunately not show as it's not been published yet) where my best friend was wearing a pair of bright blue tights reaching just to the thighs, so that I could see the curve of her hips nicely, haha. She wasn't too happy about how those turned out. So, yes, I use references, but it's 'freehand' in that I rarely follow them very exactly.

Skyraider3D -- Thank you :] Part of what I love about CGtalk, and haven't found anywhere else, is how almost seamlessly the 3D and 2D crowd mix. It's so refreshing.

Monkey FunkR -- Thanks !!

QianyingD -- Thank you :D

Dham_ma -- Why, thank you!

Roozbeh007 -- Hahah, I suppose not. Thank you for commenting though.

Katea
06-16-2005, 01:07 PM
That's a great painting. At first I thought it was a photomanipulation of some sort, but then I saw the WIP... Amazing!!! I really like the contrast between the nature's face - beautifull in a wild way - and the face of the girl - beautifull in a natural, calm way... I really admire your paitience for drawing so many details in the backgroung. :)

cheers

Kate

ffourier
06-16-2005, 01:33 PM
always nice, always impressive.... always wonderfull.
Your amazing linda !
Congratulations.

silentworld
06-16-2005, 02:46 PM
wooooww!!!
incredible it's very fantastic, this scene was like a dream...!! i love it so much

Squibbit
06-16-2005, 05:44 PM
As for blue cheese - ewwwww….

ooo yea, knew it, haha !!
yechhh!!

Thany
06-16-2005, 06:56 PM
Just Amazing! :thumbsup:

I hope to see you around the Sketch Group Forum a bit more!

Zodiac
06-16-2005, 09:20 PM
this is absolutely amazing...
cant find right words.. you 're a top-class artist.
still cant believe my eyes. stunning work. overwhelming.

BigCircus
06-17-2005, 12:24 AM
Linda your work is looking more impressive than ever. I first saw your stuff a couple of years ago on another site. You have gotten more polished in your technique. Beautifully done!:)

one2hit
06-18-2005, 02:53 PM
I remember seeing this when you were working on humanity's head the second time around. Glad to see the painting turned out to be such a success. I'm really loving the sureal feeling of that pushed back atmosphere!

-Nate

010z
06-18-2005, 05:33 PM
This is ... wow. I can't find the word. I don't know about you guys but, I find something romantic in this picture. At first, when I looked at it, it's that which caught my attention. There was something sweet in it. Humanity looks like an indeliberate young girl of whom the mastress is Nature. Everything around them is so absorbing and dreamy. The details are so delicate, making me nostalgic for the world I didn't perfectly know, the one in your mind Linda. Mille fois bravo.

abe zhou
06-20-2005, 02:26 AM

In this piece, I tried to show this relationship. Humanity a naďve yet destructive burden, the smile on her lips slight and dreamy as she thinks of the beautiful flowers she will pluck and the lovely birds she will see while all around her these very things now fade away. She's blind to the destruction she causes. She knows that Nature will be there for her, she knows that there will always be the scent of flowers and always the gentle surge of the sea. She is Nature's master in that Nature has no choice but to try to catch her and always try to mend the damage she has done... but she is Nature's slave because she must breathe the air, drink the water and eat the food that only Nature can give her. [/QUOTE]

Ktoo999
06-21-2005, 01:53 AM
Super and beautiful work!

Five stars of the naturally!

jmBoekestein
06-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Ditto Linda...:D... of the naturally,

Just had to save them again, since my computer died.

*sigh*, NUTS, JUST LOVE IT. :)

I'm rooting for you! I hope you get the first prize. :scream:

(thx for the quick links newcomers;), on a tight budget for time, :wise:)

csDevil
06-22-2005, 07:31 AM
A Masterpiece, Linda!

but there's something that attracted my attention a bit for it's peculiarity: what about the dead bird in low right corner of the image? what does it mean?

love your work! the attention to details is fascinating!

Lalie
06-23-2005, 11:52 AM
I love your work so much Linda :love: :bowdown:

I like also all your ways to say "thank you" hehe :thumbsup:

Climax
06-24-2005, 02:29 AM
Would you marry me?

hahahahaha, Great Image, I love every single pixel of it, you are very talented! keep going, i would have give you 10 stars! :thumbsup:

maram
06-24-2005, 10:19 PM
i am in LOVE with ur work :love:

Chavarin
06-28-2005, 03:35 AM
I have a lot weeks seeing this and i cant believe what i see
I dont have words
I want learn to do someting like this

deelo
06-29-2005, 08:08 PM
Linda, you have always been my (our) source of inspiration, although I haven't done anything decent until this moment :P. But just seeing your work makes us want to draw more...
And I Thank you for it.

One thing out of curiosity, as csDevil said, may we ask what does the dead bird means?

Beautiful piece, as always...

Cheers

morganfairy
07-01-2005, 04:34 PM
this is the illustration most beautiful who I ever seen....1000 stars...
compliment.

noelt
07-02-2005, 05:03 AM
Very good work, love the feeling of depth and fleshyness, very very good work.

shuwan
07-04-2005, 08:37 PM
always have been impressed with your works. They always have a nice surreal kind of mood to me. Again, your new piece blown me off. How I wish I could paint like you one day...

Nice work!

Kapow
07-05-2005, 06:31 AM
Beautiful work!!!

SpaceTik
07-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Congrats Linda!!

LotusArt
07-10-2005, 04:51 PM
cool! :thumbsup: is very amazing. :)

shyamshriram
07-11-2005, 05:37 AM
You are my GODDESS :love:

Hunturk
07-13-2005, 07:01 PM
perfect work

soriah
07-14-2005, 03:16 AM
I would like to say something really special but I fear I think everyone has previously said how wondrous this piece is and I don’t think anything I could say would be different so I will just be content to firmly agree that your master and servant entry is truly a sensational story of depiction of everyday life. I could sit for hours studding your work and still be in awe of what you have accomplished. I can only hope with as many 1000's of hours practice achieve the level at which you have already obtained.

I was wondering if you are going to make this a print and have it available to hang on a wall in an adoring fan's home?

kira

revengeofmonty
07-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Oh. My. God.

atapetrone
07-14-2005, 05:41 PM
I saw your drawing 15 days ago and I have been dreaming with your creations. Thank you very much for sharing all this with us. I am in the t-shirt fashion industry, I would like to know how much do you sell an illustration like this.
Thank you
Antonio Tagle
antoniotagle@t-box.com.mx

techart
07-15-2005, 07:11 PM
ayaaaaaaayyyyyyyaaaaaaaayaaaaaaaaayaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

iaaaaaaaaa yaaaaaaaaayaaaaaa iaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiii

big Linda's style....lots of details....tons of details......and wery well tuned.. and impresive...sensual...tuchy......that was the point wasn't it .....have at home the D'artiste book...you're artwork quality is a standard now...very hard to reach actualy to many....but I have to admit you can bring a bit of artisic tuch more...right now I find it a bit too kitchy style..too digital...too much influenced by the digital....this wave took you long time ago...and you loved it....and now is too much influenced I'll say...is not such a bad thing .....but many realy good artists are doing this without knowing it....me too...except I'm not such a good artist...I try very hard not to be too much atracted by the digital efects..and I try to mentain the art and the artistic sense at the origins...I took a look lately on my artworks and I find them also very kitchy many of them,,,,is very hard to do this when your tools are digital....soft,monitor,painting tablet....it's like a drug...I promise I 'll be more carefull in the future..God speed.....

I'm also the fan of tons of details but don't manage that good as you to keep them together..my mistake is that I don't wach the work overall but zoomin' the details one by one..

always a big fan of your work,don't understand me wrong please, the work is more than amazing but I personaly fell that you cand bring a tuch of old school art inside the works...

cheers ..Tech

XistinaX
07-19-2005, 06:26 PM
I am SO not worthy!

That is truly amazing! :)

Akhen
07-25-2005, 07:17 AM
simply godlike
I cant but envy you in
every single way.

fabricedelage
07-26-2005, 02:38 PM
simply, magnific work, and world...

Intonater
07-28-2005, 03:28 AM
Wow! what a nice picture! I like your depict of detail very much.

Wonderful job~

neolandia
07-28-2005, 08:28 PM
I cannot let to hallucinate with your painting, excellent!,when I watch it I am in another world!!
you are a very interesting woman....

koodkim
08-02-2005, 11:43 PM
wow beautiful artwork~~~~^^

the whole picture is very impressive !!

BenDstraw
08-04-2005, 10:59 PM
Doesnt get much better than this I bet Leonardo and other painters would be jealous:thumbsup:

felixxx
08-06-2005, 02:33 PM
very good picture!I am your fan!!!

Rokie
08-09-2005, 03:29 PM
WOW~amazing work!! Your composition is my favouriate!!

Desten
08-09-2005, 04:22 PM
Absolutely AMAZING! Incredible work!

georci
08-15-2005, 03:38 PM
I love this! GREAT!

ping zi
08-21-2005, 09:00 AM
wow!
perfect! I like it !
5stars from me

AzzAnt
08-22-2005, 09:38 AM
This has got to be the most incredible piece posted! Perfect! My mouth is stuck open - just freakin' awesome!

raftand
09-05-2005, 06:22 PM
..........cof cof.............cof.............cof...............cof..............

i dont.........cof.......have words to.....sa.......y......say......cof......anything about it.....cof!!

O_________O

EXCELENT!!

shamblix
09-07-2005, 06:38 AM
Oh my, that is amazingly beautiful. Very nice.

Yosmer
09-08-2005, 09:44 PM
This is a realy realy beautyfull work. I don´t know how you did it but it´s done. keep working I want to see more.

TRHaDEs
09-22-2005, 03:31 AM
U r very good,,ur every good work on cgtalk ,I already to watch,so powerful u r,I am ur big fans,hehe,U have a nice style,hope I can learn everything on ur work,sorry for my poor English,but I really like ur work,so nice~~!

winson88cn
09-24-2005, 09:24 AM
realy love it! beautiful color,feeling in a dream.
give you five star ☆☆☆☆☆

ladokar
09-25-2005, 06:37 AM
That is the most wonderful art my eyes have caught :thumbsup:

jfalconer
09-25-2005, 07:44 AM
typically, just downright awe-inspiring and... words can't do it justice, I am just amazed once again. The melding of theme and image is really found in all the small details but considering the metaphor I think it could be a much grander scale than this. I would like to see something more explosive and less enchanting from you, something that reaches over and grabs the throat rather than kisses it. Beautiful.

okiko
10-09-2005, 04:45 PM
the illustrated poetry

iliri
10-19-2005, 02:40 PM
I can really say that everything move on this painting, and this is what I really like.

I am a painter, and I always wan't to do this. Mabye you are coming on my dream and stole my ideas hahaha.... joking, I really like your paining. I just start start painting with photosho.

I wish you the best everytime

PhuongDPh
10-20-2005, 05:04 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 5 for you. http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif
Is there a way to vote all Linda Bergkvist's images 5 stars with only 1 mouse click ? http://forums.cgsociety.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

moments_in_happiness
10-26-2005, 03:08 AM
This is beyond just stunning and beautiful, no matter how many times I look at it I can't seem to find all the details and the things that it offers, its just so beautiful.

ap3pilot
01-09-2006, 10:01 PM
:bounce: This is BY FAR the most beautiful, and the most inspiring piece of 2D Art Work I have ever seen in my career as an artist.

I work on huge hollywood feature films as a 3D VFX Artsit, 3D Modelling (Primarily) 3D Animating and Compositing, and I must say I would be delighted to have an exquisit 2D Artists such as yourself working with me.

I really appreciate this work of art;):cool:

Take care and Good Luck!

BTW I love the girls in your piece, are they real life women or did you design them yourself?

Cheers Jonathan

TheCam
02-25-2006, 04:45 PM
i love the over all picture. what really pulled me in was the background and the blur efect. nicely done.

equal-2
03-06-2006, 04:57 AM
Awesome job, this is one of the best photoshoped images I have ever seen. I love all the little details that you put in there, also the look of the faces and the skin are great. I love your work.

rcool
03-06-2006, 10:29 AM
this perfect masterpiece, has made me become one of your craziest fan

digobh
03-07-2006, 03:32 AM
Hi

I just don't know what to say...It's is a incredible painting, ,all its so perfect... When do you will give classroom for us? Congratulations

:drool: :thumbsup:

paradilis
04-13-2006, 10:27 PM
respect....

mad respect....

DamonDuBois
06-01-2006, 05:58 PM
Incredible. A painting like this makes me realize how much work I have to ahead of me in developing my own artistic abilities. Being able to paint something like this is a high goal to shoot for. Absolutely incredible. 5 stars. :bowdown:

FracoisBennet
09-07-2006, 12:59 AM
Yeah! 5 Stars!

Klaatu
01-26-2007, 11:04 AM
What can I say that hasn't already been said?

This is one of the most beautiful works of art I have ever been fortunate to look upon.

Your talent is truly spellbounding....Will you marry me?

duzgun
02-26-2007, 11:20 PM
You're very beautiful!

tr6site
04-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Looks like you are a photomanipulator after all:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t259/enaylafraud/Cheat.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t259/enaylafraud/paintoverevidence.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t259/enaylafraud/1.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t259/enaylafraud/4.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t259/enaylafraud/hair.jpg

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t259/enaylafraud/overlay.jpg

More examples here: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68448

jasonjart
05-09-2007, 10:33 PM
It is sad to analyze art like this way.

People found the beauty of the nature and redesign it from nature.

Realistic is not the beauty of Linda's paintings.

It is the whole painting.

I also think art doesn't belong to science.

Looks like you are a photomanipulator after all:

More examples here: http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=68448

greekgodgeo
07-21-2007, 05:02 AM
Hmm... those examples are very convincing. I've done some reasearch myself, and this is what I found:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t259/enaylafraud/boat.jpg

What's more disappointing is the hair tutorial; I brightened up my monitor and I can clearly see the photo she's blending. I brightened up one of her steps so you can clearly see it:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t259/enaylafraud/faketut.jpg

It looks like she is in fact a liar; She should mention she uses photos in her works, especially in a tutorial.

notanotherelf
11-05-2007, 09:15 AM
I'll cut to the chase; This is SLICKGREEKGEO. I've posted a lot of things the last year or so, that I deeply regret. I offended a couple of mods in the process, in forums I highly respect, including this one. There's a lot of reasons why I did this; Personal problems, health* problems, and my own stupidity. I took a couple of months 'off', so to speak, to get it together. And I finally have.

I want to apologize to you personally and anyone else at CG Talk that I ever disrespected, including ENAYLA. I regret my actions and most, if not all the posts I made to those people (and anyone else I offended in the process). It was immature and childish, and it's something I'm ashamed of. I don't want to be known as the enayla stalker. I don't want to be remembered as an a-whole. I have no one to blame but myself for my actions; It's something I'll have to live with for the rest of my life.

You'll NEVER see me post anything offensive to anyone in the future (on CG Talk or any other forum, for that matter). I want to rebulid my reputation, and I want to do this by being courteous and polite to others. I'd like a fresh start if that's not too much to ask, and I hope I'll be forgiven through time. I can only hope you accept my apology.

Thank you for your time.

gaoyaozu
07-29-2008, 02:44 AM
I love this art .

jokered09
10-07-2008, 06:59 AM
Beautiful colors!!!

Archanin
07-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Amazing, I never knew such passion could be represented in a still image.

BEYOND 5 stars.

CGTalk Moderation
07-14-2009, 05:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.