PDA

View Full Version : ITS OFFICIAL: Killzone 2 Video is actual game engine

SilverSpark
05-20-2005, 02:22 AM
Well its been confirmed by a sony executive and kz2 publisher on live tv that the footage we've been all drooling on is what we are actually going to be playing. What can I say folks, this just blows my mind.

Before it was officially confirmed I had my doubts like many(understatement) but when I was watching the 1 and half hour press conference I was like wait maybe it was real. Two main parts that caught my eye was the real time hdri lighting and real time SSS.The hdri lighting in the spider man scene was incredible, I dont even know any cg software that can do that. The final fantasy 7 tech demo was the final punch in knock demo they put up, that ff7 tech demo almost confirms what we should expect from the next gen system(s).

Now I wanna know what your takes on this development and what you think is the future of gaming and even cgi for the matter

L.Rawlins
05-20-2005, 02:24 AM
Farcry 2 + PS3 = :drool:

:)

PhilOsirus
05-20-2005, 02:33 AM
Enough game threads! Please let's try to keep em togheter! Anyway I doubt the claims.

SilverSpark
05-20-2005, 02:38 AM
Enough game threads! Please let's try to keep em togheter! Anyway I doubt the claims.

But how can you make that claim when the ppl who are bringing us the game have said it themselves.

PhilOsirus
05-20-2005, 02:42 AM
But how can you make that claim when the ppl who are bringing us the game have said it themselves.

They probably said something like yeah "Yeah, this is gonna be what Killzone 2 will be like!" or some such. I really doubt they said something like "Yes the Killzone 2 video at E3 was all in real-time".

poly-phobic
05-20-2005, 02:43 AM
can u post a link to back your claim that this was the words of an official developer.
interview links/ links to site of the developers where thay say it.. anything...

Gamoron
05-20-2005, 02:45 AM
Well graphically it blows my mind. And I am happy to hear that it isn't pre-rendered. But it is scripted. Its much like the Halo2 demo movie was. And you can do a lot in scripted stuff that you can't do in game.

I doubt we could expect that kind of action. I would like to be proven wrong, but I'm sure it will be a few enemies at a time. Maybe some big scripted background stuff. But still...

I guess a lot of that could be achieved in game.

They better release the PS3 quickly. All next-gen systems look capable of that. And at the moment Killzone2 was the best to showcase it.

SheepFactory
05-20-2005, 02:46 AM
Its not official until we have gameplay movies and someone playing it.

All these news should go under the games thread , closing this one.