PDA

View Full Version : Facial animation

damesqlo
10-11-2002, 10:15 PM
what i have to do, to get a facial animation?

I mind, how is the process to assign a facial animation to a entire body?

I have to duplicate the entire body and animate just the face or exists another way? and how is it?

Thanks

Excuse my english

Frinsklen
10-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Hi

I guess you're using morph targets.
If you have head and body as separated objects, you just copy the original head as many times as targets you need, and then modify each head in order to create those targets.
But if you have one single object with both head and body in the same mesh, you have to copy the whole mesh and modify the character's head only. So you would have the original model, which is the one you animate, (the one who acts and moves), and then several copies with diferent facial expressions.

I see you're Spanish, so here's the translation, just in case: :D

Supongo que usas "morph targets".
Si tienes la cabeza y el cuerpo modelados por separados, tienes que copiar la cabeza original tantas veces como targets necesites, y luego modificar cada una para crear dichos targets
Pero si tienes un solo objeto con la cabeza y el cuerpo como una misma malla, tienes que copiar el modelo entero e ir modificando cada cabeza. Tendrías entonces el modelo original, que es el que vas a animar, (el que actúa y se mueve) y además varias copias con las diferentes expresiones faciales.

Saludos.

ankheilw
10-15-2002, 02:17 AM
In order to animate facial deformations such as vesemes and expressions, without having to do complete body blend shapes, you will probably have to use deformers. In maya, I usually create clusters on the face that represent the facial muscles.
These clusters can then be translated, rotated, and scaled to create the facial expressions and lip sync that you need.

The other option is to insert bones that represent the facial muscles. There is a great way to do deformations economically, with a low overhead for processor time. There is an article on how they set up the facial rigging for "The Getaway" Ps2 game.

the article is at Gamasutra.com:

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20010418/moore_01.htm

You might have to log on.

Hope that helps

Good luck

damesqlo
10-17-2002, 02:33 AM
thanks to both...

ankheilw: I been seen something like that in max, If i dont wrong, but, i dont remember...

Frinsklen: I´m spanish and you are right but my Enlgish is so poor... Can i send you email.. to explain me better...

I know the morph technic whit the entire model, but i dont know the other technic..

Thanks

Por si no me explico bien en ingles aqui lo pongo en español...

Se hacerlo como tu dices, con el cuerpo completo y con los morphs, "hay unas cosas que me gustaria saber al respecto con esa tecnica, q lo dejare para el e-mail, si me lo permites", pero no se hacerlo separando la cabeza del cuerpo, pregunto, ¿esa tecnica que se usa separando la cabeza, no da problemas de que se note la union o mas bien la separacion con el cuello?

Por cierto estas estudiando con Daniel Verdad...!¿?

Gracias por todo...

gmask
10-24-2002, 06:20 AM
If you are Using maya you can use blendshapes on cluters so that you can create seperate fullbody pooses of the face but you do not have to use the whole body for the morphing.

http://www.highend3d.com/boards/showthreaded.php?Cat=1,2&Board=mayaanimation&Number=120781&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=

http://www.highend3d.com/boards/showthreaded.php?Cat=1,2&Board=mayaanimation&Number=120775&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.