PDA

View Full Version : Need a great name

Master Maker
05-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Hi! I'm currently working on an online rpg (mmorpg) with some other people, problem is... we don't have a name yet :shrug:... The coding and stuff is going fine, the game goed something like this:

You start in the middle of nowhere (thinking of story for that ;), if you know a good start, post please!) with only a sword and some armor, then you'll start the adventure. You'll meet some npc's that live there and they'll give you quests and information about the history of the world. there has been peace for a while now but people are starting to disagree with eachother, so eventually you will be able to join a force that you think has the best stuff and join the wars and politics in-game... there's also gonna be some faction leader voting and stuff... but first we need a name! :P

Hope anyone can help me out,
Thanks!

Kirt
05-20-2005, 06:04 AM
Ultima Online!

No wait ... I think that's taken. Maybe a little more info might be helpful. Right now it sounds like any other MMORPG on the market.

ace4016
05-20-2005, 07:29 AM
I'm bad at making names (except for english papers), but when I create something there is always a story behind it, and it is from the story the name comes. You said you're thinking of a story, why not wait 'till you have that story to think up of a name? Good luck with that game.

Master Maker
05-20-2005, 06:44 PM
It does sound like anyother but it won't become one, we're planning on adding a "player-lead system" with that you can become leader of a tribe, city etc. But we are working all that stuff out... I was just intrested to see if anyone has some ideas yet.

Going to work all things out before searching for a name, thanks for replying!

zudo
05-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Super-duper Wasabi adventure! huwah!

hmmmmm... so what is the place called again, blah blah of location, xomething like that maybe?

atenyotkin
05-25-2005, 08:14 AM
I know this really isn't a place for critique, but I think it's important that I point out a few things.

1. Name for a game really isn't important.
2. Name/title usually is derived from the storyline.
3. How could you start making the most difficult type of a game without even having a story?!:shrug:
4. From the info given, it's not even clear what type of a setting you're putting the player into--is it future sci-fi where you run around with ray guns, or will you be surrounded by magical elves?

Anyway, good luck with your game. Usually, the title of the game changes as you continue to refine your game (game-play, story, etc):buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2005, 08:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.