PDA

View Full Version : Jack Sparrow sets sail for Kingdom Hearts

RobertoOrtiz
05-19-2005, 09:21 PM
Quote:
"Avast, ye Kingdom Hearts fans! At Square Enix's E3 conference this morning, one of the surprises in the unveiling was that Jack Sparrow, the drunken mess of a pirate from the movie Pirates of the Caribbean, would be in the upcoming KH sequel. "

>>Link<< (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/614/614488p1.html?fromint=1)

-R

Man
05-19-2005, 09:28 PM
i never played any kingdom hearts game before. i'm a really big fan of rpg's and i was abou to buy a copy of the latest one when i went to the store last time, but i saw mickey mouse on the cover of the game and forgot about it.

are they any good? at all?

SkyZero
05-19-2005, 09:37 PM
Kingdom Hearts is a good game IMO. It's a little simple but the fact that they had Final Fantasy characters and disney characters in the same game enticed me to try it.

Can't wait to try out the sequel! :thumbsup:

Geta-Ve
05-20-2005, 02:01 AM
man - ya go grab KH you WONT be disapointed. fantastic storyline, great characters, impressive graphics, almost great control. I say almost because the camera can get in your way at times, and a few other weird twiches, and ya the gameplay itself is a bit on the simple side, however it makes it no less fun. I personally found the game amazingly fun, one of the best Ive played, definatly going to pick up the second one.

I was like you, the whole disney thing turned me right off, but i ended up renting it, having heard good things from IGN and such, and I wasn't disapointed at all. Ended up getting a cousin of mine to buy it so then I finished my game! haha a little over 70 hours of gameplay I got. Not bad I'd say. Cinematics (beginning and end, mostly) are incredible.

Ya definatly a game to check out. If at the least, rent it :)

rakmaya
05-20-2005, 02:41 AM
It is one of those rare games that are simple yet very much playable and addicting. I loved that game. Also remember that it is disney characters from way back when. These are the classic never duplicatable disney characters from old times. Also the mix between the Final Fantasy and Disney characters are just too perfect to turn away from.

PhilWesson
05-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Kingdom Hearts is my favorite game ever... Awesome storyline, awesome characters...
However, I'm not too sure about J. Sparrow being in it... Kinda weird...

urgaffel
05-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Sorry, had to post this :D

http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2002-10-07&res=l

Personally I liked the game in the beginning but after a while the jumping and camera... anomalies... got on my nerves so much that I lost the will to liv...play and just slogged through it so it would be done. Not a bad game by any means, but the controls and camera make it a worse game than it could've been.

Crithon
05-25-2005, 09:10 AM
I heard about the Jack Sparrow news before, but has Square-Enix even shown an image of the character? I'm curious if they are going to do it Photo realistic CG, that Anime/Disney style that Tetsuya Nomura is using for the game or is it going to be Green Screen compositing?

Personally, I think the 3D animation in the first Kingdom Hearts was some of the best animation I've seen on a video game. Although I have doubts they could mimic Johnny Depp's amazing performance of Jack Sparrow.

You know, the Penny Arcade joke does feel very apporprate for Kingdome Hearts. The Hair reminds me too much of Cloud from Final Fantasy 7.

RISKBREAKER
05-25-2005, 01:18 PM
If your gonna grab KH, Try and get the Final Mix version of the game. Its got extra bits in it not released in EUR version, including the Showdown between Cloud and Sephiroth:D

Teyon
05-25-2005, 03:01 PM
OMG I nearly wet my pants when Seph's theme music started playing and then to see him appear like he did was just too much! He waxed my butt for about a week. I'll be getting the sequel but I don't know about Sparrow being in it...seems like and odd call but it should be fun. Maybe they'll introduce other non-animation oriented characters into the game but I hope not too much.

t-toe
05-26-2005, 06:14 AM
well, seeing as they used up a large chunk of the classic Disney animated characters, and all Disney seems to be pumpin' out nowadays are live action films (most remakes, or based on earlier Disney-related things), it's only natural that Square/Enix would have to resort to adapting live-action films to the Kingdom Hearts universe.

I am very curious to see how they pull it off. the original Kingdom Hearts has the distinction of being one of the few games I've played through to completion in the last few years. the animation blew me away, and it was fun seeing some of my favorite Disney characters come to life again, most of them with the original voice actors. (just can't beat that Hades!!!)

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2005, 06:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.