View Full Version : New WarOftheWorlds Trailer

Solothores
05-19-2005, 05:26 PM
One step closer to final exposure:
http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/war_of_the_worlds_movie

Dirtystimpy
05-19-2005, 06:26 PM
thanks for the link!

This movie will rock, and I love that fact you don't see hardly anything from the trailers.

Swizzle
05-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Ooh, me likey! Now this is good marketing; leave your audience in suspense and then leave the big reveal for the actual movie. I wish more movies, especially sci-fi/fantasy ones would do this.

Neil
05-19-2005, 07:46 PM
I hope Spielberg can separate himself from the other bad UFO movies and leave it more about the suspense and fear, and not showing some little white creature with big black eyes running around with a phazer gun.

XenaTrek
05-19-2005, 07:49 PM
I can't wait to see this one. :D
XenaTrek

SheepFactory
05-19-2005, 09:07 PM
June is the best month! first batman begins and then this , i can hardly wait.

Solothores
05-21-2005, 11:57 AM
WARNING HEAVY SPOILER!

Don't click if you don't want to see sketches of tripod walker and Alien en armure (http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=20284)

Warned ya! :thumbsup:

brisck1
05-21-2005, 01:39 PM
Wow, Speilberg seems to have done such a good job with this! im so glad it hasnt been ruined yet again! I know its still isnt anywhere near the original books but it seems to surpass my expectations so far! I clicked the spoiler (I just couldnt resist) and Im pleased with his designs overall!

Cant wait for this film!!

Dirtystimpy
05-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Don't click if you don't want to see sketches of tripod walker and Alien en armure (http://www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=20284)
:thumbsup:

they may be sketches, but not the real ones

Pyke
05-21-2005, 04:50 PM
I actually got giddy when I saw this trailer on wednesday with SWIII...and I got just as giddy this time.

I also think that Dakota Fanning is an excellent actress-and am gonna be hugely dissapointed when she grows to old to be a child actress.

smoothoperator
05-21-2005, 04:59 PM
wow. I didn't think anything of it prior to this..This trailer makes my hair stand up. It looks wicked! Now i'm excited. You didn't get the feeling of a threat with the other trailers. With this one it totally makes you feel like it's the end of the world.
Can't wait to see it.

+smooth+

orion119net
05-22-2005, 02:53 AM
o man, this looks great!

i hope speilberg doesnt mess up, and i hope its like the book.

Hazdaz
05-22-2005, 03:10 AM
I am espesially interesting in this movie cuz part of it was filmed just a few towns over from me. Since we are far from the west coast and Hollywood, it was a fairly big deal around these parts.

pogonip
05-22-2005, 07:15 AM
I hope Spielberg can separate himself from the other bad UFO movies and leave it more about the suspense and fear, and not showing some little white creature with big black eyes running around with a phazer gun.

Uhhhhh...this is the man who made Close Encounters of the third kind and ET I think if anyone knows how to make a good UFO/alien movie...it's him !!

EvilGnome
05-22-2005, 07:29 AM
o man, this looks great!

i hope speilberg doesnt mess up, and i hope its like the book.

From what I understand it has little to do with the book, just as the first US War of the Worlds film used the story idea rather than the story itself.

There's supposed to be a rival War of the Worlds movie set in the 19th century and based closely on the HG. Wells novel.

thx1138
05-22-2005, 07:37 AM
One the one hand following the book is perhaps essential. But we all know what's gonna happen in the end, so that's the hardest part for Spielberg. Will he be true to the book or find some other solution ? If the ride towards the end is worth it, it perhaps doesn't matter that much anymore. I'm excited for sure, but I'm cautious not te become too excited. Only the first trailer would've been enough for me.

brisck1
05-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Apparently the ending is supposed to be different from the book but "just as good (of twist?)".

Dont expect the book on screen - although it will have more similarities to the book than the last film!

vfx
05-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Everytime you go and doubt Mr Spielberg, he comes back with undenying talent! This gut know how to make an entertaining movie! This latest trailer is amazing! Love the sppoky feel to it.

Can't wait - Blockbuster of the summer - whoo ooo

harlan_hill
05-22-2005, 06:38 PM
In this film, they never reveal the reason the aliens are attacking. It deals more with the WTF factor - these dudes are here and they're beating our asses for no reason at all!!

It plays on the same kind of fears you have in your dreams when you're being chased by someone for no apparent reason but you can only run in slow motion while everything else happens in realtime.

Ryan-B
05-22-2005, 08:01 PM
From what I understand it has little to do with the book, just as the first US War of the Worlds film used the story idea rather than the story itself.

There's supposed to be a rival War of the Worlds movie set in the 19th century and based closely on the HG. Wells novel.

They would have to make Tom Cruise a murderer if they followed the book. That wouldn't make him appealing to the general audience.

Infinity3d4life
05-23-2005, 06:55 AM
anyone have a link to a high res trailer this Moviefone download thing doesnt work for me... I hate that thing

Pyke
05-23-2005, 07:15 AM
I must be a heretic...because I really dint enjoy the book. Loved the Stroy-but I despise Well's writing style. Still-he was one of the greatest sci-fi writers in history (I think Phillip K Dick sits firmly on that pedistil)-and War Of The Worlds is an amazing adventure tale.

I have trust in Spielburg-and with Cruise and Fanning (two of my favorite actors), I have no doubt this movie will be amazing!

Infinity3d4life
05-23-2005, 07:18 AM
Wow man just seen it... Have to say that this really feels like its gonna be an awesome flick.. I get a sense of impending doom just from the trailer...:thumbsup:

Sutekh
05-23-2005, 09:41 AM

There is an independant production that is supposed to follow the book very closely. I've seen the trailer which was done before any of the vfx was done. Quite frankly the acting was appalling. I was initially quite excited by a faithfull adaptation but I struggled getting through the trailer so I won't be rushing to see this one...

Richard.

CGTalk Moderation
05-23-2005, 09:41 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.