PDA

View Full Version : Wallace And Gromit: Curse Of The Were-rabbit Trailer

RobertoOrtiz
05-18-2005, 01:30 PM
>>Link<< (http://movies.channel.aol.com/franchise/exclusives/wallace_and_gromit_movie)

-R

itsallgoode9
05-18-2005, 01:38 PM
oh hell yeah, i love these guys. That trailer was funny and it looks like it's gonna be a great movie.

JKStudios
05-18-2005, 01:44 PM
Me too. I find the humour aimed more towards children, but I still get enjoyment from it. (What does that mean).

I really don't think the deep voiced suspense guy (someone get him some soothers) goes well with this kind of trailer though....it just doesnt feel 'right'. Personally the deep voiced trailer thing is starting to annoy me. meh.

But looks good so far, i'm assuming it's all still claymation? I wouldn't want W&G to sell out :rolleyes:

playmesumch00ns
05-18-2005, 06:01 PM
But looks good so far, i'm assuming it's all still claymation? I wouldn't want W&G to sell out :rolleyes:

What would "selling out" be?

JKStudios
05-18-2005, 06:47 PM
What would "selling out" be?

I'd consider it selling out if they went from claymation to CG. Part of the beauty of it all is the fact it's animated in clay. Sure the quality has got better, and compared to the very first episode/chapter, it's not as jerky. But it has life and character.

I just saw dreamworks on the intro and had the terrible feeling they would try to port it to CG at some point in the future or have some kind of a spin-off. *shakes head* nonononono. Aardman studios good.

L.Rawlins
05-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Its all 3D. Not CG. Faithful to the medium.

Don't even get me started on live-action Thunderbirds... :banghead:

'Lets take what made it great and discard it.'

*Grumbles*

pearson
05-18-2005, 08:52 PM
Its all 3D. Not CG.

LOL. Pretty confusing at first glance, since to me, 3D=CG! :D

Like all their movies, I think this one will be a winner! The sexy rabbit was too funny!

I'd be very interested to see the similarities between how Aardman and Pixar develop their stories, given that both of them are so consistent in puting out hits.

Gentrifier
05-18-2005, 08:55 PM
Well, if they did their job right -- and I know they did -- then you won't be able to tell the difference between the CG and stop-motion elements. Chicken Run had a number of CG elements in it. I didn't notice any of them. The integration with W&G will be tight.

Gentrifier.

L.Rawlins
05-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Sorry, on our course we do all three, I tend to differentiate them as 2D/3D/CG. :)

BillSpradlin
05-18-2005, 09:23 PM
We live in a world that has more than 3 dimensions so that would be a little confusing to most =)

steveblake
05-18-2005, 11:11 PM
..I'd consider it selling out if they went from claymation to CG...

There's CG FX in the film, done I think by MPC (as I believe playmesumch00ns probebly knows ;) ) remember too that Aardman's commercial division do as much if not more CG, than clay these days. Also Aard's 'Flushed Away' is in production over at PDI.. though totally CG, from what I hear it has a distinctly Aardman feel.

JKStudios
05-18-2005, 11:53 PM
Well, if they did their job right -- and I know they did -- then you won't be able to tell the difference between the CG and stop-motion elements. Chicken Run had a number of CG elements in it. I didn't notice any of them. The integration with W&G will be tight.

I didn't notice any in chicken run either! I'm sure Nick park will exercise his genius again. I just associate Wallace and gromit with something so raw as stop-go clay animation, that's where it's heart lies.

There's CG FX in the film, done I think by MPC (as I believe playmesumch00ns probebly knows ;) ) remember too that Aardman's commercial division do as much if not more CG, than clay these days. Also Aard's 'Flushed Away' is in production over at PDI.. though totally CG, from what I hear it has a distinctly Aardman feel.

I'm glad they're sticking to their roots, I wouldn't ever say absolutley no Cg fx or integration within a movie such as this (and if they do as seamless a job as in chicken run then so be it), but to me, the heart and soul of Wallace and gromit is their simplistic form....to over beautify them with FX would just simply not be right, in exactly the same way Thunderbirds lost it's authenticity by being ported completely to CG.

I'm really looking forward to this, a full length feature :)

ivanisavich
05-19-2005, 02:15 AM
I love Wallace and Gromit movies.

There's just such joy that comes from watching the incredibly hard work and talent that goes into them. They're real treats for the eyes, and they don't sell story for "graphics" either. I sit down and watch Wallace and Gromit stuff on a semi-regular basis, and it never gets tiring :). Always inspirational.

pearson
05-19-2005, 04:34 AM
Just a minor quibble, but why isn't Aardman credited in that preview? They aren't owned by SKG, are they?

JKStudios
05-19-2005, 12:23 PM
Just a minor quibble, but why isn't Aardman credited in that preview? They aren't owned by SKG, are they?

Halfway through the preview it says 'from Dreamworks and Aardman studios'.

I don't think they're owned by SKG.

playmesumch00ns
05-19-2005, 12:32 PM

;) Yep. Great stuff too. It's seamless until you think, "hang on... how did they make clay do that". I don't think the lay-person will be able to tell the difference.

For me W&G is about two loveable characters, english humour and a great story. Whether they do it in clay or cg is neither here nor there.

The cg output from aardman is fantastic too.... though all I've seen of theirs that I know for sure is the robinson's commercial and "deadline". Is there anything else I would have seen, steve?

steveblake
05-19-2005, 03:18 PM
Hey playmesumch00ns - Aard's CGI department are quietly churning out a number of new ads and have a CGI series in the works too. As for recent stuff, guess you would have seen most of these (http://www.aardman.com/html/newcomms.asp?type=html).

Got to see a few of the early W&G sets and models when I was up there last, hear things are going well and they have about 6 mins left to shoot.

With any luck I'll make it to the Friends and Family screening. :)

pearson
05-19-2005, 05:39 PM
Halfway through the preview it says 'from Dreamworks and Aardman studios'.

Good catch! I was focusing too much on the visuals, I guess. :p

CGTalk Moderation
05-19-2005, 05:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.