PDA

View Full Version : animation render

Rosima71
10-11-2002, 01:12 PM
Hi, guys,
I wanna know how can i render a animation in mov or avi format in Sofimage XSI 2,0?
I saw that the render format is only in still images( bmp, jpg and so on...)
Thanks a lot.

Atyss
10-11-2002, 02:03 PM
You can't.

You have to render in sequence (individual file per frame), then use the flip book to export to a self-contained movie.

Hope thie helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

Rosima71
10-11-2002, 03:50 PM
I wanna know where can i download the flip.exe ( program that self extract animation , I think) used with XSI for animation render?Is that freeware?
Thanks.

Atyss
10-11-2002, 04:01 PM
It comes with XSI.... in the interface, click on the Flipbook button (bottom left of the interface).

Other than that, seach in the Softimage folder, it's there somewhere.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

ggg
10-12-2002, 11:44 PM
image clip viewer works too

Rosima71
10-14-2002, 12:53 PM
Thanks for help.
I found the flipbook tools , but i have new question:
When I render a sequence the program nominates the still images like this: image.1.pic image.2.pic and so on ....
I need to rename this images like this image_1.pic image_2.pic and so on...
I need to change points for underline if I didn't do that the flipbook doesn't open the images.
Can I change some program properties that nominate the sequence with underline and not with points?
Thanks.

Atyss
10-14-2002, 02:05 PM
Strange, I never had this problem with the Flipbook.

To rename your frames, use a renamer. There are a couple on download.com, just search for "renamer". Most (if not all) are free. Good example are RnameIt! and PowerRen.

Hope this helps
Salutations - Cheers
Bernard Lebel

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.