PDA

View Full Version : Expression problem after changing length of the animation

nickyliu
05-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Sorry that I'm not sure where to post the question and thus post it here.

In 3dsmax 7, I write an expression so that object A's rotation is the same as B's, controlled by an float expression for x,y,z. BUT after making the length of animation longer, the expression doesn't work in the enlonged period of time.

I also found that the noise controller have such a problem too. Does anyone have idea about that ?

Thx.:)

shibumenon
05-19-2005, 06:32 PM
go to the track view (dope sheet) and drag the end point of the animation range for the particular object's controller (expression controller and noise controller)

optionally, u could type a small code in the listener :

setAnimationRange $A.rotation.controller -500 500

The above syntax is assuming that your object is named "A" and that u need the rotation controller to be active from frame -500 to 500 ..... u can change these values to suit your purpose.

-shibu

marktsang
05-19-2005, 06:35 PM
go to scriptspot.com and search for set wire ranges script and then use it

mark

nickyliu
05-20-2005, 04:57 PM
Thanks aaaaCHoooo & marktsang. I understand now. But actually I can't think of any useful usage of the animation range, whick seems to cause problems rather than solve problems.

CGTalk Moderation
05-20-2005, 04:57 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.