PDA

View Full Version : SHOW REEL ( character animation ) - PLEASE CRIT

John Lee
10-11-2002, 08:25 AM
Here is my show reel at last! PLEASE PLEASE CRIT IT!!!!!

http://www.lemon-tea.com/john_avi/JOHN_LEE_SHOW_REEL.mpe

Let me know if u have problblems viewing it

Thanks

Neolee40

derErschaffer
10-11-2002, 10:37 AM
*LOL*...funny and cool...:applause:

jason-slab
10-11-2002, 01:10 PM
nice work:thumbsup:
personally i would loose the "pixar" light and the bouncing ball

love the way char's (from your avatar) arms shake when he's pulling himself up on the pole thingy

Jeffo
10-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Hey dude! looking pretty cool, i agree about losing the bouncing ball and pixar thing,

i never saw that spiderman animation, why not!?! thats sweet man!! very nice! =)

JasonA
10-11-2002, 07:14 PM
:bounce: Very funny! I liked it alot, brought a smile to my face.

I really like your use of the dialog. I particularly liked the voice of Mo from The Simpsons, and also the guy saying "you talken to me?". Your characters are very expressive in their movements, although I thought the blob person's walk was a bit over exaggerated. Most of the others were very cool! Also the background music fit really well to the characters and animation shown although I know thst not very important. The Pixar lamp and the bouncing ball were simple and fun elements, however they are not up to par with the other elements in your reel and probably detract from the overall work... since it doesn't make you stand out, I'd say ditch em too...

The *only* things I think you're missing here would be an expressive, and realistic motion sequence ie for a realism character. Also, animating something other than a biped creature would be good. Like a quadraped or something, even a bird with flapping wings might be neat. everything you have here is biped cartoon oriented, which is fine, but maybe you might want to show you can do more.

Still the reel was a real pleasure to watch, and I like your style. Great work! :thumbsup:

McC
10-12-2002, 07:42 AM
This is some fantastic work! In general, I liked it quite a bit. One thing I think you should look out for though is movements that are too jerky or exaggerated to be real. While your little guy doing pull ups with the shaky arms was a nice touch, it was too glaring--his arms jittered too much.

Another thing to be careful about is when the "You talkin' to me?" guy is walking, parts of his pants seem to disappear under his gut.

Overall, though, the animation was great!

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.