PDA

View Full Version : Traditional art classes

Tsukiyono
05-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Ok well i have been putting alot of thought recently into furthering my school...

I am about to get my bachelors from the school i am at now, but i feel as if i have come out of it with just a bit more then i came into it with. I know some basic 3d modelling with 3ds max, and i have recently began to teach myself a bit of photoshop. None of which i am really all that good at.

I am still planning on continueing self learning, but i have begun to feel, at least when it comes to what i want to do in photoshop, that a traditional art is where i need to learn some of. I seriously have no skill whatsoever in that area. I would really like to get into painting in photoshop, while i was younger in school. that was something i liked to do, but never really went anywhere outside of the classroom to do it.

I am really curious what you alls thoughts are on this... i want to continue with 3d as well.. but as i am not really into animation, i would like to really create still images, and i have looked around and it seems many of them also have a deal of painting done in those images as well.

Not that i am basing my entire decision on what i hear here... just to get a perspective from elsewhere... what are anyone here thoughts on getting at least a basic understanding of some of the traditional art principles for working in 3d and photoshop?

paperclip
05-17-2005, 08:54 AM
Check out the stickies in the art discussion forum. They'll help you on your way.

Welcome! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2005, 08:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.