PDA

View Full Version : E3: Final Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Trailer

teknotek83
05-17-2005, 02:35 AM
Hi-Res: http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/finalfantasyviiadventchildren/media.html
(you only need a free/basic account for this)

Normal: http://down.videogamerx.net/news/20050516/ff7adventchildren.wmv

Comments: Really nice stuff, here. Too bad the music sounds like 2 songs playing at once.

I've always been unimpressed with how production houses have handled flying characters or even characters who jump really really high. The Spider-Man movies have so far been the best examples of having characters leap tall heights. The FF7AC team seem to have gotten it down perfectly. Compare this trailer to any of the flight sequences in the 2 Matrix sequels (especially in Revolutions when Agent Smith dives towards Neo in the crater. YUCK!).

Ok. Just had to get that off my chest. ENJOY!

Prototype_Angel
05-17-2005, 02:44 AM
wooohoooo its coming out soon on summer **jap version**
cant wait to buy :D

i think square enix is like the best asian game company esp in the RPG and the best CGI for playstation games :)

-Sai-
05-17-2005, 04:16 AM
hi.. just a friendly suggestion..
Instead of opening new thread for every game, every game from E# should go under this (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=240483)

Man
05-17-2005, 04:32 AM
OMG

this is gonna be so f*****g great, i don't care how much i have to pay, i gotta have that DVD in my hands...

it's just too much for me

did you see Tifa fighting? what's cooler than that?

akaiwa
05-17-2005, 05:47 AM
Wow, Tifa was totally kicking some a$$ in that trailer. I'm really, really, REALLY dying to see this already!

And just so you guys know, it is being simultaneously released in the US and Japan... not just Japan. Unfortunantely, I'm don't know if the US version will be dub only or not (hope not), but either way, I want to see this so badly.

God their CG is awesome.

BillSpradlin
05-17-2005, 06:49 AM
Looks like this may be what Spirits Within should have been. Glad to see they are straying away from trying to go photo real and stick with the stylized/hyper real look. Can't wait for it.

SheepFactory
05-17-2005, 07:03 AM
that did look pretty good , i was not a fan of prior trailers but at least this one shows that there will be lots of action and the behemoth rocked :)

Geta-Ve
05-17-2005, 07:23 AM
ya this is exactly the kind of movie ive been waiting for! theres NO WAY ill be watching this in english.. This is like anime truly converted to 3d.

btw this is what you get when you dont let hollywood try to help make your movie. haha

teknotek83
05-17-2005, 07:25 AM
that did look pretty good , i was not a fan of prior trailers but at least this one shows that there will be lots of action and the behemoth rocked :)

There's no Behemoth in this movie (or at least in the trailers). So far the only creatures featured in this film are Bahamut SIN (no connection to Sin from FFX) and the Shadowcreepers (the creatures that were chasing after Cloud on his bike and evaporated once attacked).

Geta-Ve
05-17-2005, 07:30 AM
There's no Behemoth in this movie (or at least in the trailers). So far the only creatures featured in this film are Bahamut SIN (no connection to Sin from FFX) and the Shadowcreepers (the creatures that were chasing after Cloud on his bike and evaporated once attacked).

well technically he could get out of that by saying he meant the big flying creature.. as you can use the word behemoth to describe that type of creature ;)

eliseu gouveia
05-17-2005, 07:51 AM
I giggled like a little schoolgirl when I saw the Highwind.

If they show Cosmo Canyon, chocobos and the Gold Saucer then I will definitelly scream like one of those old time Beatles groupies.

Tifa WAS badass in that fight scenne, but all evidence I gathered so far seems to indicate she will ultimatelly face defeat.

AndyH
05-17-2005, 07:58 AM
Hey! How come i posted this same link 3 hours earlier, and i got no replies?
Do i smell or something?
:sad:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=240792

teknotek83
05-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Sorry! I'm usually really careful about not creating repeat topics. I apologize!

eliseu gouveia
05-17-2005, 08:07 AM
Hey! How come i posted this same link 3 hours earlier, and i got no replies?
Do i smell or something?
:sad:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=240792

Blame it on your avatar, itīs too cute.

She blinds us with science. ;)

Darktwin
05-17-2005, 10:12 AM
I'm so glad they finally released a japan release date. This trailer is amazing, we actually get to see a lot of the dynamic shots take place with the action. I'm drooling right now all over my keyboard. Talk about inspiration, WOW, I'm just lost for words right now :bounce:

This film is going to rock!

Teyon
05-17-2005, 11:22 AM
Hey, screw all that! SEPHIROTH RETURNS! lol. Did you not see him at the very end of that trailer! Wooohoooo. :) I am totally getting this. The fight scenes alone will make it worth it and it sounds like the story may actually tie up loose ends while opening the door for a new game (if the movie ends right). I AM SO IN AWE!!

**ahem**

what I meant was:

This is a very fine piece of animation and I look foward to viewing it upon its release.

Ezekiel19
05-17-2005, 07:26 PM
Whats the release date for thus DVD?

I bought AppleSeed and want this as well

HapZungLam
05-17-2005, 07:40 PM
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac/

releasing date has been announced :

sept 14.

JKStudios
05-17-2005, 08:16 PM
Finally....nice to watch a smooth trailer without it jumping on the site.

And holy Guacamoly, that's class. My jaw dropped. I would have cried if they tried to make it uber-real like spirits within.

I agree with some comments about the soundtrack though. It does sound very mishmash in areas...hope they re-do some of the tunes from the game - they were inspired. Especially the shinra one with the bells. Oooooo it might be time to dust off my copy and lose 3 months of my life again :D

ArtisticVisions
05-26-2005, 09:34 PM
My computer finally downloaded the trailer (god, how I hate dial-up) and all I can say is...
wow... this is gonna rock!!! :applause: :thumbsup:

Also, regarding the music: from listening to it, sounds like Square has done a new remix of One Winged Angel.

t-toe
05-26-2005, 10:08 PM
am I allowed to cry after watching something like that? it spoke to my geek-nature.

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2005, 10:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.