PDA

View Full Version : Autokey undo

Bucket
05-16-2005, 11:26 PM
This is a small problem. But, is there a way to set autokey so that the keyframe operation and animated property are done as a single operation? This way, when I want to undo a translated motion or rotation it will also undo the keyframe that was created.

As it is now. With autokey on. Translating once results in two seperate operations occuring. Small gripe, but I am coming from maya background and find autokey more useful in a single operation setup. Logically, I think if you undo a keyframe you would also want to undo the property being animated because you obviously aren't happy with it by eliminating the set keyframe.

thorn3d
05-17-2005, 01:49 AM
What happens if you press Undo twice?

thorn

Bucket
05-17-2005, 02:30 AM
Nothing the first two times. 100 mistakes later I turn big and green. I begin to talk in one word sentences. I lose grip with reality and try to stab the monitor with a mouse.

Essentially, what is the purpose of autokey? It is to skip a step. And as I said, the current setup is illogical.

Just trying to keep myself sane. But you could've just said, this can't be done in xsi, nothing wrong with harsh facts.

thorn3d
05-17-2005, 03:55 AM
But you could've just said, this can't be done in xsi, nothing wrong with harsh facts.

Perhaps the point of my question wasn't quite obvious - i wasn't mocking you; i'm new to the software and was honestly wondering if the 2nd undo would remove the key. I haven't spent any time with autokey and didn't know.

AFAIK, XSI has basically 2 undo buffers - one for view changes, and another for scene elements. If a 3rd "buffer" could be scripted and hokeyed - say, ALT+CNT+Z - which would undo the last move + remove the last keyframe, would that help?

thorn

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2005, 03:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.