PDA

View Full Version : FX Wars forum

Reepoman
05-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Sorry if this has been mentioned before,

Wouldn't it be better to have the FX wars forum under CGchallanges on the main page rather then go through Compositing and VFX?

I know that it is only a "micro Challange" but it's still a CG challange none the less. I think at the moment it's hidden away as if CGtalk are not quite behind it that or it's not official. Please put it the CG challanges on the main page Leonard and make it offical as it's fun to folllow, maybe then it might get a larger audience/participants.

Cheers.

Leonard
05-17-2005, 01:26 AM
Yes that's what's going to happen. For clarification, the FXWars was a grassroots thing that started up by Roberto Ortiz, one of our Forum Leaders and was never 'officially endorsed' by us as an organisation until it was big enough to warrant that. It will be soon, and when it does, it will have its own top-level forum and everything associated with it.

We don't want to give it too much attention at the moment because of the amount of other stuff that we have to do and support (e.g. Master and Servant Challenge ends this week and we have to do all the judging, prizes, etc). As soon as we put anything out the front and make it highly official and endorsed, we have to spend an immense amount of time and resources trying to support it. Just have a look at the Challenges and try to figure out how much time we have to spend (full time, paid staff rates) just to run those. It's really not a trivial amount of dollars and cents to do anything on this site.

Best,

Leonard

JTD
05-26-2005, 05:11 PM
Leonard, will this address the issue brought up by gruvsyco with the dailies (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=227534)where basically a CG challenge section would have subforums for the DSG, speed modeling, animation challenges, game art challenges and FX Wars?

I know we're under a big strain to support all the features of CGTalk but this suborganization would actually make sense.

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2005, 05:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.