View Full Version : PS3 Bus stop posters

H2
05-15-2005, 10:10 PM
Intresting

Check it out:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614280p1.html

Heber
05-15-2005, 11:18 PM
i for one cant wait to see what sony comes up with. They have been the leaders in consoles for so long for a reason. Im sure we will see a great lineup of titles soon.

SheepFactory
05-15-2005, 11:32 PM
I cant wait to see it also. Looks like Microsoft is planning to counter the PS3 launch with Halo 3:

quote from gamespot:

"In next week's issue of Time Magazine--which features Gates holding the Xbox 360 (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1061433,00.html) on the cover--Gates mentioned plans for the release of the much-anticipated follow-up to the best-selling console shooter. In a parenthetical sidebar in the article, Time says the following:

"Note to the hard-core faithful: the next version of Halo will not, repeat not, be ready in time for the launch of Xbox 360. It will be part of the all-important second wave next spring. 'It's perfect,' Gates says, radiant with bloodlust. 'The day Sony launches [the new PlayStation], and they walk right into Halo 3.'"

While Microsoft reps were not available for comment as of press time, Gates' comments appear to confirm the theory that Microsoft will release Halo 3 either simultaneously or near the release of Sony's next-gen console. It also marks the first official confirmation that a third Halo is indeed in the works, and will be released for the Xbox 360."

PhilOsirus
05-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Bill Gates is always wrong, so I bet that somehow Halo 3 won't be release at the same time as the PS3:p Unless its rushed of course, I mean most big name FPS have been delayed more than once.

satriales
05-15-2005, 11:50 PM
I didn't like Halo (and I've heard Halo 2 is worse) so Halo 3 won't stop me from buying a PS3.

tozz
05-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Halo3 is gonna counter PS3 as much as Halo1 and Halo2 countered PS2, in other words, nothing at all :)

ntmonkey
05-16-2005, 12:46 AM
Bill Gates is always wrong, so I bet that somehow Halo 3 won't be release at the same time as the PS3:p Unless its rushed of course, I mean most big name FPS have been delayed more than once.

Please God don't let those wacky symbols become the replacement for the buttons. Console wars part Deux. Yesssss!

peace,

Lu

H2
05-16-2005, 12:52 AM
Sony knows how to tease us..any ideas on what they are hinting at with the "welcome chang3" and broken up button symbols? Somthing different and fresh?

PhilOsirus
05-16-2005, 01:04 AM
Please God don't let those wacky symbols become the replacement for the buttons. Console wars part Deux. Yesssss!

peace,

Lu

Of course they won't be because all the signs show the button symbols broken in different ways. I doubt they will "chang3" the button symbols but it's not impossible. Maybe the console to have a per-game-specific GUI instead of controller-specific buttons will be the PS3 afterall, but that's all speculation at this point. We'll know in 24 hours right?:p

yamicman
05-16-2005, 01:11 AM
Console wars part Deux. Lu

Is the current situation only part one then....? what about the heady days of the Mega Drive vs the SNES? - to be 8 again - micro machines and world cup italia 90....much simpler days!

mlaoxve
05-16-2005, 01:30 AM
PS3 is a huge questionmark, but since im a fan of square enix it's the obvious choice for me. And i'm a fan of japanese games in general.

Hopefully no "console jocks" will be whining about the new nintendo and ps3, because i have been a bit angry latley with these new PC people who has invaded the console world, that didn't play any old singleplayer classics and think halo is the best game ever made.

Crithon
05-16-2005, 06:02 AM
Now, that's how you should tease a new console launch. It says nothing but it's enough to get you talking. I respect the posters from a design point of view.

vfx
05-16-2005, 09:19 AM
Those ads are awful - makes me think - cut and incomplete symbols from the previous version - signifying the ps3 will be just that... PS2 had nothing on the xbox - wheres ur xbox-scene. LOL

Solothores
05-16-2005, 09:32 AM
PS3 is a huge questionmark, but since im a fan of square enix it's the obvious choice for me. And i'm a fan of japanese games in general.

Hopefully no "console jocks" will be whining about the new nintendo and ps3, because i have been a bit angry latley with these new PC people who has invaded the console world, that didn't play any old singleplayer classics and think halo is the best game ever made.

There are quite some rumours around that Square Enix might develop for xbox360 as well. :D

tozz
05-16-2005, 10:27 AM
Since XBOX didn't sell at all i Asia you could wonder why SquareEnix would ever consider developing for the XB360, they haven't done anything on another console since the SNES days (exept for the GBA/GC thingie). Still, if they do announce a game, it'll make the XB360 worth it, since it doesn't have any other promising titles right now :)

The PS3 posters are truly magnificent, at least if you like minimalism and style, no fancy rendered stuff, no model showing a butt or tit and no other "no-relation-to-games-or-consoles-what-so-ever-crap" :)

Gregwid
05-16-2005, 11:22 AM
get all 3 systems pick the best games from the of all three consoles.Really thats a no brainer.

tozz
05-16-2005, 12:31 PM
get all 3 systems pick the best games from the of all three consoles.Really thats a no brainer.

yeah, you'd probably have to sell your brain to be able to afford it.. hence "no brainer" ;)

rakmaya
05-16-2005, 12:47 PM
It doesn't matter to me and other 20 million people either. I will ony by the xbox360 once it has good rpgs and adventure games. Star Wars, EA and Halo is not good enough to buy a console. As far as I am concerned (and most other PS gamers), they are garanteed and have full confidence in getting the PS3 because of the already successful 3rd party developers. As far as xbox360 goes, unless there isn't any good games that comes first, I am not buying the console. Halo3 alone is not going to get a million miles closer to getting the PS3 attention. I hope MS won't make the same mistakes again though.

Shogmaster
05-16-2005, 12:51 PM

I guess being always wrong is the best way to become the richest man in the west. No wonder I'm so poor. ;)

stenosis|kill
05-16-2005, 01:40 PM
halo3? *tired* Oo 1&2 are crap.. i dont care about halo3.

Peddy
05-16-2005, 02:30 PM
I guess being always wrong is the best way to become the richest man in the west. No wonder I'm so poor. ;)

no, the best way is to sell DIY assembly furniture. always being wrong comes second.

rakmaya
05-16-2005, 04:20 PM

Bill Gates is a smart guy. XBOX strategy was the biggest billion dollar mistake he ever made. That is all:) . May be that is not too big for him! :rolleyes:

However, if the future is not set then we will see some developers in combination Sony-Nintendo and Sony-MS. Sony is still ahead with the march. But I can see in the long run all 3 will become equally big.

HapZungLam
05-16-2005, 04:35 PM
I kind of like the design of the poster. It is a cool design. Simple but works.

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2005, 04:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.