PDA

View Full Version : animation test

mo_pic
10-10-2002, 03:27 PM
Animation test with a character pulling a handcart. I want to add some head and hips movement, as itís too stiff now. I hope youíll spot some other things I overlooked.

test-anim (DiVX 4.0) 150kB (http://www.bluebox.3d.pl/wip&fw/cart002.avi)

Crit please

Frinsklen
10-11-2002, 06:42 PM
Hi,

The whole things looks a bit slow, and it seems to me that your animation "lacks animation". You need to work a lot on hands, hips, head... cause there's no secondary motion at all, everything looks too rigid. In adittion, if you want the cart to look heavy, try changing the character's pose, his spine is too straight to carry heavy things.

Cheers.

ankheilw
10-11-2002, 08:55 PM
I agree with Frinsklen. You've got a great start, now the goal is to push the motion.

To start, the motion of the cart looks very linear. It moves the same speed over the entire distance, regardless of the stage the characters motion is in. Carts will move fairly linearly only if they are moving at a greater speed. Depending on which way you go (e.g. Cartoonish, realistic, over the top) You can slow the cart down as the character has less leverage; the stage wher ethe character is pulling from the foot opposite of that hand connected to the cart.

Also, really give him some shoulder torque. Turn his shoulders into the pull. Bend his back over a bit more and have his head look up. If you wanted to push a cartoonish nature, a good quick head shake to show him straining might be nice.

Just my 2 cents.

Good job and good luck

Woody Smith

ankheilw
10-12-2002, 02:18 PM
Scratch what I said about the cart motion, my bad.

Sorry about that

mo_pic
10-14-2002, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the comments. :thumbsup:

Iíll try to fix things up and post an update soon.
Itís a part of a short story and I donít want it to look very heavy (the cart that is).
Itís going to be cartoonish so a little bit of exaggeration will look good.

thanx

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.