PDA

View Full Version : My WACOM is a goblin as of late

tdamcbigity
05-15-2005, 03:21 AM
When I'm trying to paint in Photoshop CS my tablet (WACOM Graphire ET) it won't paint in a consistent streak (I just downloaded the newest drivers, no go still), I have my flow at 100% and opacity even at 100% still it looks like this (sorry I only have geocities hosting for a brief while...):

http://www.geocities.com/tdamcbigity/weird.jpg

It's really evident with small brush sizes, so detail work is a beast, but blends together obviously when the brush is very large.

It may be something very basic I'm not getting but I'd appreciate some guidance. Thanks a lot and sorry if this has been asked before and I couldn't find it with the "Search" feature.

-Tod

Oh and that screenshot is at 100% zoom, and now that I play with it a bit more since I've installed the new drivers when I paint with my mouse even it still is very spaced out... Frowny face.

mlaoxve
05-15-2005, 03:30 AM
That means the spacing is high, check the brush settings. It's to the far right on the bar where you can set opacity and that type of stuff. If you still cant find it go to like help file or something.

TheIvIaxx
05-15-2005, 05:12 PM
i think its the scatter in the Brushes tab.

EricPoehlsen
05-15-2005, 06:40 PM
As already said, its the brush, not the tablet, don't be scared

thebruce
05-16-2005, 06:08 PM
;) hope this works
http://www.thebruce.net/spacing.jpg

tdamcbigity
05-16-2005, 08:04 PM
Thanks everyone this helps a lot. My only problem now is that I have to individually select the spacing for each brush size when I select it. It's tedious but not driving me insane. I looked through my preferences and couldn't find a way to set some sort of "auto-spacing" for my brushs, oh well. Thanks again!

jbw
05-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Have you tried deleting your photoshop preferences - they might have become corrupt?
It solves most odd behaviour in PS but you have to remember to set your history levels and other such stuff back once you've done it, cos it resets everything to default. I don't know about the latest versions (I'm still using PS7) but try launching PS then really quickly hold down ctrl+alt+shift.

ta,
jbw

CGTalk Moderation
05-17-2005, 08:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.