PDA

View Full Version : My first project in Photoshop!

Hash!
02-15-2002, 09:37 PM
This is my first project made with Photoshop and my new Wacom!
I had this image in mind for months....I was just waiting to get my wacom for chrismas!......but now...this is my first but not my last 2D project!......I used a picture of the girl for reference...but i did it all with the airbrush....if you have any comments...go ahead!...it will surely help me getting better in my works!...

Pierre St-Hilaire....

Mind 7
02-15-2002, 11:01 PM
cool man......were you doing some airbrush before......i hope...
keep working.... it's very cool ....does your reference was in the same position......

Hash!
02-15-2002, 11:34 PM
I used to try airbrush couple of years ago....but it was too messy and I didn't like all the stuff you have to buy and all the cleaning...etc...etc....that's why I really Photoshop.....ya don't have to clean your Wacom all the time!....Yes, my reference had the same position...cauz it was easier to practice with a good reference....but be sure that the next project will not have any..!
....thanks for your comments....
Pierre St-Hilaire
Montreal

sigma
02-16-2002, 01:04 AM
That is excellent work Hash. 5 Stars!
I gotta get me a Tablet soon. :D
A liittle Angelina Jolie?

Machine
02-16-2002, 06:19 AM
Very very VERY nice. I love the overall feel and look of it.

Skurken
02-16-2002, 10:30 AM
hmmm... I thought IŽd seen everything, but...
I guess I have to practice more... :)

D. Phoenix
02-16-2002, 12:14 PM
Excellent work - I am most fond of the way the hair is detailed. Makes me want to invest in one of those fancy wacoms now.

Could we see the original reference just for fun?

-D. Phoenix

Sangotten
02-16-2002, 07:52 PM
Nice....But since you used a lot of high-lighting on the body and the metal the hair (though very detailed) looks unreal....maybe some high-lights there. This one could be on the Heavy-metal magazine.....:D

Hash!
02-16-2002, 08:09 PM
.....Your are right Sigma!....it's a little Angelina Jolie.....did you find out by the face..or the body???......hehe!.........
...Your are right too Sangotten....the hair could use more high lightning.....maybe i was too focused on details, that i didn't see that before!....that's why all your comments are important to me!......but who said that art had to be perfect???

Ls3D
02-17-2002, 03:40 AM
Cool man, maybe smooth out below her knee and bring up the black level in her naughty area,... just enough to see some leg retreat into the dark. Or maybe I just need to get outside more!

-Shea
Ls3D

ime
02-18-2002, 05:53 AM
can you please show the reference photo... it would be easier to criticize...

Hash!
02-18-2002, 06:49 AM
For you guys who wants to see the reference photo that i used for this project....here it is!....

Skyraider3D
02-20-2002, 06:27 AM
Simply superb!!

And I so agree on the airbrush comments!! ;)
I used to make plastic scale models of aircraft. But the painting was always such a hassle... you can't spray laquer paints inside the house so it has to be good weather, and in winter cleaning an airbrush at 0 degrees is not funny!! Not to mention running out of CO2 bottles halfway the paintjob! So nowadays I only make virtual models on my PC!! :p Not nearly as messy! :)
And additional benifit: virtual models dont collect dust!!! :D

Hash!
02-25-2002, 12:40 AM
You're right Skyraider.....and It's easier to carry a CD with all your portefolio than a dozen of 3'x4' paintings.........

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.