PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS crashes

Amphiblien
05-14-2005, 07:27 AM
HI,

I've been using PS since v.2. It has always been the stable workhorse, up until CS. I've had CS crash on me, usually when using the eraser tool on layers, more in the month that I've been using it than in my entire career with PS. It is also much slower...Is anyone else experiencing CS crashing? Are there any patches, fixes, or workarounds that anyone knows of?

I plan on re-installing 7 soon.....

Thanks!

mdwsr
05-14-2005, 07:42 AM
In over a year of using CS I have not had it crash on me, not even once. I've had CS2 now for a couple weeks and it has already crashed three times. In fact it crashed the first time I opened it.

I didn't have 7 but did have 6, both CS and CS2 are slower in some functions. The extra features are more than worth it though.

halo
05-14-2005, 11:03 AM
system and os specs would help...

there aren't any patches for CS or CS2, however i would say that 99.999% of people's problems either stem from a system with a hardware fault (ie bad ram) or a gummed up system. PS is a memory hog, CS demands more ram than 7 because of the way it likes to reserve ram before rather than during operations.

there is a plugin for changing the refresh tile size...this may help with speed a little depending on your ram amount.

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2005, 11:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.