PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo revolution concept

lastchild7
05-13-2005, 11:50 PM
this is probably a fake but danm it would be so sweet..

http://c.streamingmovies.ign.com/cube/article/613/613578/revolutionmockup.wmv

EpShot
05-14-2005, 12:05 AM
woah, that woudl be cool!
i'll go ahead and keepo my fingers crossed. but your probably right = /

Geta-Ve
05-14-2005, 12:16 AM
hey does yours end at mario running?

anyways that was freakin insane!

i know it probably isnt it but if it was.. wow... and that vid was soooo well put together. damn that music and arg so awesome!

i want :cry:

rogfa
05-14-2005, 01:08 AM
Yup. Mine ends when Mario starts running. Looks like Marios been to the gym too :)

I remember in an interview some Nintendo VP said Sony and Microsoft aren't doing anything bad they are just doing the same thing and he "implied" Nintendo's next system was going to do something different. This looks pretty damn different to me. *Finger's Crossed*

orion119net
05-14-2005, 01:25 AM
o man! if that things real, o man....

Geta-Ve
05-14-2005, 01:31 AM
ya this is the kind of step that gaming needs to take.

I have also heard the rumours that nintendo was saying your either going to love it or hate it. plus they dont expect much third party support..

so either way its going to be.. well.. revolutionary.. hopefully..

lastchild7
05-14-2005, 01:33 AM
ya this is the kind of step that gaming needs to take.

I have also heard the rumours that nintendo was saying your either going to love it or hate it. plus they dont expect much third party support..

so either way its going to be.. well.. revolutionary.. hopefully..

yea i hope so, i aint a fanboy but i have noticed that nintendo have really been incharge of making the video game industry progress, with regards to inovation. Sometimes i think that they get a raw deal from press and casual gamers.

PhilOsirus
05-14-2005, 01:39 AM
The video looks legit actually, except for the Mario part, Mario looks too weird:p But otherwise it is very possible.

lastchild7
05-14-2005, 01:42 AM
The video looks legit actually, except for the Mario part, Mario looks too weird:p But otherwise it is very possible.
i belive it is possible but this isnt the official nintendo shot of it, and considering tehy already gave out details on what the size and shape will be i doubt that this will be it. However nintendo always know how to surprise us

Shogmaster
05-14-2005, 01:57 AM
That video had me literally ROFL by the time the helmet came out. I was like "DON'T PUT IT ON YER HEAD!! DON'T PUT IT ON YER HEAD!! OH NO! THEY PUT IT ON THE HEAD!!!" :lol:

It's an incredibly fancy fan video, with superb production values, but the "core concept" is pretty damn stupid. Good for tons of laugh though, and worth the download. :D

Gamoron
05-14-2005, 02:20 AM
It had me going there for a little while. To me it looks like some company's video pitch to nintendo for a design of the casing. Both Samus and Mario looked a little weak.

If this is fanboy stuff, that person has too much time on their hands.

MisterE
05-14-2005, 02:21 AM
WHOA! I started out as a HUGE Nintendo fan w/ the NES & GameBoy. But eventually, I lost all interest - and faith - in the company w/ the N64 (no hot 3rd party exclusives, no games), and even more so w/ the GameCube (same deal). This video, which suggests virtual realty - actually being *IN* the game, in the confines of your own living room (and not having to go to the arcades and pay outrageous sums of money) - is, indeed, the next evolution (or revolution) in the gaming industry.

If this is proven to be true, my faith is back w/ Nintendo. It definitely has high-production values and seems it could be legit, I agree. However, the system itself just seems like it doesn't fit w/ the rest of the video. It looks way too CG. Also, for laughs, check out 3:42 - :45. Is it just me, or does this look like a gratuitous shot of someone's butt crack (a BIG fat butt crack)?

In any event, I'm hoping that this is actually the new Nintendo system. Bring on the Revolution!

FlyByNight
05-14-2005, 02:28 AM
thtas amazing... GO NINTENDO

i was a hardcore xbox2 fanboy until just a second ago.. i still am, but huge respect to nintendo. thats so creative, and niche... luvly design... at least theyve tried to do something with it, wether people like it or not.... hats off;) hah

i hope this is legit, and im thinking it might be... theres way too much clever stuff in there, and perticular information that u get, that i dont imagine a fraudster could think of it all....

only thing is, it looks like a toaster??..

SheepFactory
05-14-2005, 02:36 AM
that would be really cool indeed , I guess they'll start selling "gamers insurance" too for people who keep running into walls headlong and accidentally jumping off the window while playing mario :)

EpShot
05-14-2005, 02:47 AM
that would be really cool indeed , I guess they'll start selling "gamers insurance" too for people who keep running into walls headlong and accidentally jumping off the window while playing mario :)

exactly what i was thinking. MAn it woudl eb so cool though to have that setup, with two guns with radar placement sensors or what ever, so you actualy aim it in space. course i'd ahve to by a new gun every other week cause i'd spin it aroudn and smash it into the wall wall trying to dodge bullets:D

NanoGator
05-14-2005, 03:29 AM
Argh. Dilemma.

On the one hand, that was a hell of a lot of work to go through to be a hoax.

On the other, it DIRECTLY contradicts 'official news' about the dimensions of the system.

One possible explanation is that the video was made while the Revolution was in development as a pitch. I understand they chose between 3 different systems.

embodiedform
05-14-2005, 03:44 AM
THATS INSANE! VR is sweeeet:P

Exactly- like you were saying at the very least it is a pitch but we know the technology is real (plus we know the system will play regular DVD sized)

Its time for the RevolutiON!

HamsaPaksham
05-14-2005, 04:18 AM
Well if this is true.
Itīs unbelievable. I think only Nintendo could do a thing like this.

I think itīs true, do you remember when they "leaked" Xbox scans that appeared some weeks ago on the web and the DS dual screens that appeared before they showed portable system?

holosynthetic
05-14-2005, 04:51 AM
if i were to pretend that this was real for a second and that the video were showing features to come for the nintendo revolution, then a few second clip caught my eye. In the video there was a shot of the brain with arrows pointing to a tv or monitor giving the assumtion it can send signals to these devices to project some kind of video? well right after that clip it shows the gamecube and a box with a question mark (i guess this signifies other video game consoles) with arrows poiting to the brain which gives me the assumption that a connection of some sort can be made between already avalible consoles. If i were to use my imagination I would like to think that the brain is merely a device to relay information from other consoles to then be used in a virtual reality setting. Nintendo has a small library of games for the gamecube, so why not be able to have a system that takes advantage of all games for all consoles? your library just got big. the name of the device seemed to be called "nintendo ON" which might suggest that its not the actual "nintendo revolution", the revolution could be that 3 cd case high machine which plays the next gen games and the nintendo ON simply takes those games and displays them in virtual reality

Then again this is all my imagination

eraser851
05-14-2005, 05:08 AM
^^^that sounds like a reasonable idea.

If this video is legit, than these specs on this site must be legit.

http://boards.ign.com/Revolution_Lobby/b8270/86947617/?46

and according to these specs....the revolution could be the most powerful console.

*crosses fingers*

eraser851
05-14-2005, 05:10 AM
^^^that sounds like a reasonable idea.

If this video is legit, than these specs on this site must be legit.

http://boards.ign.com/Revolution_Lobby/b8270/86947617/?46

and according to these specs....the revolution could be the most powerful console.

*crosses fingers*

EDIT: *aahh, double post*

EpShot
05-14-2005, 05:34 AM
interesting, except in those specs it says
" the Revolution wont support any form of stereoscopic imaging. At least not out of the box."

though that would support the theory that its actauly a seperate system...
or not real:sad:

Tonedef
05-14-2005, 05:38 AM
Wow....that is a dumb concept video....I would hate it...ALOT. But accorting to Nintendo the system is only 3 DVD cases thick, so like an inch and a half or so not the sex machine from Demolition Man

PhilOsirus
05-14-2005, 05:55 AM
It is possible that Nintendo will make this helmet thing as the controller, not the console itself.

Ghostscape
05-14-2005, 06:10 AM
C'mon guys, it's obvious this isn't the real thing.

The "timeline" introduction is neat...but some of the numbers were real stretches... "2 designs!" "128 Marios!" etc. I'm sorry, but I'm positive Nintendo doesn't think an unpublished techdemo and a redesign of a handheld are revolutionary.

The mario64/DS scene built out of itself was a cool idea, but the numbers were so ridiculous that it becomes painfully obvious that this isn't some thrown together g4 hack or something, but merely a student project.

Then the design of the console itself...I mean, not only was the model unpolished/material unpolished and reeking of "I'm a student," but then the random bullshit they throw onto it, IE, "make games on this side of the console" and "proximity radar" and "utter bullshit."

Then the fact that the mario and Samus are both so far off target, and the poor production values of the environment shots...

This is very impressive for a student piece, but it lacks the polish that a game company would have, and the idea is too ridiculous in too many places.

Props to the kid who made it, but you guys who are honestly entertaining the idea need a reality check.

NanoGator
05-14-2005, 06:15 AM
If ya do a Google news search for it, lots of articles are reporting that it's fake, created by 'artists unknown'.

For all the observations about why it's fake, I'd say the mention of the Virtual Boy was the biggest giveaway. Heh.

Stillwell
05-14-2005, 06:18 AM
For all the observations about why it's fake, I'd say the mention of the Virtual Boy was the biggest giveaway. Heh.

My thoughts exactly. HAH!

Pretty neat video. But have they thought about people who wear glasses? If in a not-so-distant future you have to put on some sort of thing over your eyes, what a nightmare with glasses.

Anyways. I can't wait to see the real design.

SpiralFace
05-14-2005, 06:56 AM
Although the video is most likely fake, what I find interesting is the concept behind it and the possibility that this might one day actualy happen in the next 20 years in the game industry.

Its pretty funny how computer technology in general has constantly evolved more twards the graphics end without any major changes in the interface or other aspects. I mean, seeing as how my chosen profession is in Computer Graphics, I'm not complaining. But when you look at every major technical computer achievement in the last few decades, they are mostly on the Graphic and Processor front. We still use mouses, we still use keyboards, and we still use GUI's that are still similar in all regards to the early Apple OS systems of the Mid 80's. Why is it that we don't have good voice recognition programs that can automaticaly find files, or open programs? Why are we stuck on the interface end with stuff that has fundamentaly been around for the past 20 years when on the graphics front we have far eclipsed anything imaginable from the perspective of 20 years ago. I'm sure if they put their minds to it, developers could have come up with digital assistances or at least a program that can recognize your voice and follow your commands years ago. I just find it funny how far Graphic Development has come since the introduction of the computer, but the fundamental ways that we interact with the computer have still largely remain the same since its introduction.

Thats why I am exited about this video, not becuase I beleave its real (Because I don't) But it interests me becuase it shows that there is more to games and computer development then cleaner graphics and wireless controlers. There are infanant possibilities, but due to the cost, and the fact that the mainstream market wants something they are already familiar with instead of completely new, I doubt that even if something like this was to be made, it whould not be well recieved amoung the average consumer. I've always applauded nintendo for their persistance in trying new things that no one else does. I think the game industry needs them. Because without them, I fear that this market will be more about makeing more of the same product to make money, instead of pioneering new ways to digitaly entertain ourselves and truely push the limits of what our technology can do.

Its becaue of this that I beleave that at some point when even some people are willing to invest in a game system like this, its going to create a divide in the market. I can see some gamers wanting to explore new technology like this, but then there will be the "mainstream" gamers that will probably push it asside, and owning a system like the one shown in this video, whould be looked at by the general public the same way that Video games in general where looked at back in the 80's. I personaly think its about time that something in this industry should change. I mean, you can only shoot so many people, jump up on to so many ledges, and cut and cleave your way through so many army's of hell useing the same interfaces and engines that have been around for years before your brain starts to realize that this is all the same. And that much of the inovation of the nintendo, SNES, and Playstation days have erroded away into a few types of games that are constantly re-worked and re-packaged in order to sell to the mass market in order to turn a profit.

Crithon
05-14-2005, 07:17 AM
interisting concept..... just concept, but I didn't believe it. For a few things. One, recently nintendo announced they are delaying the Revolution release till 2006 after the Microsoft XBox 360 announcement.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/13/news_6124449.html

Two, some of the dates on the video are terribly off. The Nintendo Entertainment System was released on 1985... the Nintendo Japanese Famicom was released on 1983. The Virtual Boy maybe something to slightly mention especially since the content of the video seem to somewhat reference it, but creator, Gunpei Yokoi, was fired a year after it's very bad sales figures. I can understand the idea of over 20,000,000 castles becuase of the mario 128 video for the Mario Gamecube demo.

It could be a rough video for a concept, but I seriously doubt this is what Nintendo was going to show off for the mass audience. Take into consideration the DS and Gamecube videos, the production value is seriously...... pretty bad. E3 is just a few days away. I'm assuming that something big is going to be announced by Nintendo soon. So I won't jump the gun too early.

On a personal note, I understand why Nintendo needs to win back some it's hard core audience.... they seem to making Tonka Truck style game systems year after year. But I also think the company should explor new avenues, especially portable gaming and Retro gaming audience that seems to be a big boom recently with Cell Phones. I'm a Gameboy Advance owner, I enjoy a lot of there games on that system because it feels like timetraveling back to the 90s gaming. There are some Solid games on that system Astroboy Omega Factor, Mr Driller 2, Warioware, Legend of Zelda the Minish Cap, Advance Wars, and Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. Sure it's not state of the art, but it's solid games, that's why I still enjoy being a Nintendo fan.

Kwe
05-14-2005, 08:41 AM
If this is fake.....then they really screwed over Nintendo because I know a LOT of gamers (including myself) are gonna find this idea awesome as hell.

morimitsu
05-14-2005, 09:30 AM
The approach of thinking different ala Apple could be the best bet this time, if this concept is true, of course. I hope it succed better than other games that got to the different direction, like N64 (didn't have CDROM) and the DS (instead of one big display, two small ones)

If you have less resources than the big guys, you have to think different.
For example, who knew Zbrush could be a great modeling tool? Now it has a workflow/knowledge no one has. And it's been used more and more, while other competitors are trying to punch each other with tools everyone seens to have. No competition to Zbrush in hi detail, hi res poly modeling...

parallax
05-14-2005, 09:54 AM
Sometimes the lack in proper taste in this forum is astounding, especially considering the number of people in here that at least should have a wee bit of design skills. (Form/funtion, composition color theory typo etc.)

This video and the prototype are both a monstrosity if i ever saw one. I watched it up until that helmet, so i reckon the rest couldn't be much worse.

morimitsu
05-14-2005, 10:29 AM
lol...:D

You know, that's why we are all here...
To share, to learn, to improve, to practice, show, and then get feed back...

And hopefully, one day, if we had the luck, be as good as you are!
:)
I'll practice and learn more, so I'll be prepared when the PS3 concept comes! :D

Larry_g1s
05-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Argh. Dilemma.

On the other, it DIRECTLY contradicts 'official news' about the dimensions of the system.

One possible explanation is that the video was made while the Revolution was in development as a pitch. I understand they chose between 3 different systems.

No kidding, that was a lot of work if it be a hoax. Props to the person who did it if a hoax.

Regardless, if that be something of what to expect of REVOLTUION,.... BRING IT ! ! ! That would be amazing gameplay.

the revolution could be that 3 cd case high machine which plays the next gen games and the nintendo ON simply takes those games and displays them in virtual reality
Then again this is all my imagination

Hmmm...interesting point.

teknotek83
05-14-2005, 09:26 PM
It was a fan made concept.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613578p1.html

It's not what the Nintendo Revolution will end up being.

Larry_g1s
05-14-2005, 09:32 PM
^^^ Just came across that as well.

Basically it sounds like the creator says the Nintendo ON is not a FAKE, it's a complaint about the lack of innovation in the industry, where only Nintendo try to change things.

http://corral.elrellano.com/Nintendo_On-00.jpg

http://corral.elrellano.com/Nintendo_On-02.jpg

http://corral.elrellano.com/Nintendo_On-06.jpg

If that be the case, this guy needs to get hired on some where...geez!

MisterE
05-14-2005, 09:35 PM
If this is fake.....then they really screwed over Nintendo because I know a LOT of gamers (including myself) are gonna find this idea awesome as hell.

^^ What he said. 101% agreed!

AdamantiumKnot
05-14-2005, 10:00 PM
Although it's exciting and quite mind-blowing, it leaves me with one concern. How much could I really enjoy it after being left blind in one eye after a near-death accident last august?

itsallgoode9
05-14-2005, 10:07 PM
I really think Nintendo has screwed themselves a tiny bit in being SO secretive about thier new "revolutionary" idea, while talking it up to such a HUGE degree. I mean, honestly, I don't think there will be any way hell what they are going to show us will be able meet anybody's expectations . I guess I could be wrong, but they have just got us thinking that it'll be somthing like you see in those overlly futuristic over the top scifi movies set in the future. It's obviously helped them get up alot of hype and excitment to see it, i'm just skeptical if they will be able to maintain that hype after it is shown. I guess time will tell; hopefully they can. :shrug:

lastchild7
05-14-2005, 10:39 PM
I really think Nintendo has screwed themselves a tiny bit in being SO secretive about thier new "revolutionary" idea, while talking it up to such a HUGE degree. I mean, honestly, I don't think there will be any way hell what they are going to show us will be able meet anybody's expectations . I guess I could be wrong, but they have just got us thinking that it'll be somthing like you see in those overlly futuristic over the top scifi movies set in the future. It's obviously helped them get up alot of hype and excitment to see it, i'm just skeptical if they will be able to maintain that hype after it is shown. I guess time will tell; hopefully they can. :shrug:

I said it before and i will say it again. I am no Fanboy, however what ever nintendo come out with will be something that will push inovation in the games industry, allot of people dont know this but Nintendo were actualy the first with the idea of online gaming, the idea of Virtual reality games, the idea with camera games ala eyetoy, although people may say they are not even in the console race, Nintendo have been in the Games insustry for over 100 years (no exagiration) and they silently lead it along the path of development, so if Nintendo were to leave the market today? Then the industry would probably die a slow and painful death.

rakmaya
05-14-2005, 11:12 PM
The idea in the video is not possible in the next few years. The reason is because of the risk. The virtual reality is a subject that goes through plenty of testing and even with all that, most labs has to go through regulations to run the test on subjects. I doubt Nintendo would do that out of the box EVEN if it was such a simple helmet. May be an extended support is possible where they might supply the helmet as an "extra kit".

Now that is all assuming they make the technology to begin with. Nintendo sure brings revolutionary ideas in their game. But their hardware section sure hasn't been that revolutionary since 1998. But there is no reason to think that they would do anything less and astonishing than what Sony is planned. If I am not mistaken most major studios are developing games for Sony and Nintendo without much "exclusive" titles. So Nontendo is thinking about making something "revolutionary" to bring better and exclusive features into their hardware.

heavyness
05-15-2005, 12:01 AM
the idea and concept isn't far off. actually, you can do that now. there had been a lot of ill fated attempts at VR for gaming, BUT if any company could pull it off, i would pick Nintendo.

if you look at what they were trying to do years back [Virtual Boy, Power Glove, NES power mat, hell, even the Light Zapper] they've all been duplicated in some way today...

3d monitors = virtual boy
NEW Power Mat = dance dance revolution
NEW Power Glove = Monitory Report glove [rumored coming out for PS3]

Nintendo probably have something like this in the pipeline and/or is thinking about it.

embodiedform
05-15-2005, 01:04 AM
If that be the case, this guy needs to get hired on some where...geez!
Yeah, who knows maybe Nintendo will hire them- would be a smart idea given how professional/ awsome the idea is and the buzz its created:)

Its too bad now whatever Nintendo reveals won't be able to come even close to living up to this-

At least I got a cool new wallpaper and can dream:)

Lord3d2
05-15-2005, 01:43 AM
^^^ Just came across that as well.

Basically it sounds like the creator says the Nintendo ON is not a FAKE, it's a complaint about the lack of innovation in the industry, where only Nintendo try to change things.

So the design is real?

Whats fake and whats real?

Geta-Ve
05-15-2005, 01:50 AM
So the design is real?

Whats fake and whats real?

What IS the matrix? ;)

EpShot
05-15-2005, 02:54 AM
i just hope Nintendo is aware of the buzz around this right now. or even sony, and realize how excited people got over it. But i guess sony is just gonna project the game directly into our heads:D

FlyByNight
05-15-2005, 02:56 AM
i personally dont see how this could be fake, and im sticking by that.... u guys KNOW how much work is ivolved there (or should).. i mean there is so much info there.... so much of the minor details included.... the design of the whole add is superb, even down to how they explain all of the functions...

i dont buy it that this is fake... if it isnt the fnal concept fair enough, but there is a whole whole lot of nintendo in that advert there and i dont give anyone the credit to pull that off, THAT perfectly...

i cant wait :) the future is seriously looking so bright:)

Ziah
05-15-2005, 03:11 AM
plain and simple

it goes against the offical spec that were realeased about the system dimensions

More so as said before thats was alot of work just to be a fake

So conclusively could it be and early design that they changed dunno...But its kool as hell

DaJuice
05-15-2005, 03:21 AM
Lol get over it, it's fake. I'm sure the Rev will be nothing like that. That's a good thing, because IMO Nintendo would screw themselves soo hard if they tried to come out with something like this. Could you imagine playing for a few hours with one of those things on your head? There are lots of other obstacles to this concept that you would see if you thought about it for 2 seconds.

lovisx
05-15-2005, 04:10 AM
also its been said that revolution will be able to hook into your tv set...

eirenicon
05-15-2005, 04:45 AM
Anybody see this? Kinda looks like the illegitimate child of an NES and... another NES. Well, I guess that would be legitimate.

http://img151.echo.cx/img151/6439/nintendor35rx.jpg

yinako
05-15-2005, 04:56 AM
fake, good try.

yon can tell he used box modeling on the head piece near the ear phone, and smooth out he mesh to get that CGish look. :)

this could be work of MS marketing team?! :) they are doing a good job to promote x360 so far.

heavyness
05-15-2005, 05:42 AM
Anybody see this? Kinda looks like the illegitimate child of an NES and... another NES. Well, I guess that would be legitimate.

http://img151.echo.cx/img151/6439/nintendor35rx.jpg

this might of been an early concept for Nintendo's CD-ROM drive made by... wait for it... Sony.

MisterE
05-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Its too bad now whatever Nintendo reveals won't be able to come even close to living up to this-

At least I got a cool new wallpaper and can dream:)

Yeah it's been said before but what made me skeptical about this whole thing was the shape and dimensions of the system itself w/ what IGN said. This does not match that description. Besides, as stated, it looks too CG what w/ the the reflections lacking the punch of what a real pro would have. Also, the machine looks way too weird - even for Nintendo's standards.

So it's pretty safe to say w/ that this is a hoax. Definitely the biggest, most captivating, and best I've seen put out by any fanboy. Aw well, hopefully Sony will have true VR w/ the PS4, or next Nintendo system. Photo-real graphics and being IN the game. Oooohhh yeah!

Speaky
05-15-2005, 01:26 PM
I watched it and got ridiculously excited. If Nintendo could innovate to this kind of formidable scale and if they could deliver the games (it would probably only take a couple of classics using this new technology) then they could leave Sony and Microsoft dead in the water. Having had consoles from the NES upward, I'm sure Nintendo have been entertaining some pretty daring ideas to knock S + M down a notch and regain their position at the top.

I think it would be a very bad move for Nintendo to talk about revolutionising the very way we play games and simply come up with a new joypad type input, the let down would be tremendous. What else? A new way of loading games? Wireless lan? Better audio? Better graphics? What's revolutionary there.

Two points to consider:

1) What if this video is real, but merely a rough draft? It's not release-quality but there are so many finished touches. Maybe the 'final' super-polished version will be shown at E3?

2) Just because the Nintendo site gives some form factor sizes on its website doesn't mean a thing. Could be disinformation, there's nothing necessarily truthful about what they choose to put up there.

Here's hoping!

SaucyJack
05-15-2005, 01:47 PM
I'm not gonna say that this is the real thing but i honestly can't believe that some guy sitting in his bedroom cooked this up. The amount of work involved in it is just too much. My money is on a early concept mockup. I really would love this to be real though. This would indeed be the revolution gaming needs instead of just better graphics, more polys etc.

zzacmann
05-15-2005, 07:07 PM
Whats shown is not the Revolution, its something called Nintendo ON. There are two different machines here.

I think the first part of the video with the timeline and the castles is 100% real. As for the second part of the video with the "Nintendo On", some of it may be real. Notice how it starts out zoomed in on the Nintendo On logo and flys around the machine, ending on that red light coming on. I think that part might be real. Its vague yet sparks great interest, like a good early advertisement should.

Then the video cuts and repeats the the same shot with a closeup of the Nintendo On logo and now starts to intersperse video of a human interacting with the machine. It also shows a whole lot more of the machine. I think this is the part that is fake. Nintendo would not want to trickle out the details like this. This person saw the first part of the On video and then made his or her own to elaborate on what it could possibly be. Notice how the music changes and alot of the same shots are repeated.

DevilHacker
05-15-2005, 08:57 PM
HA HA!
Bad News:
This is 100% fake, an Nintendo fan boy with too much time.

Good News:
IF this somehow is true, it would end the problem of Americans being overweight.
LOL

Aooogah
05-15-2005, 09:44 PM
Alas, if only it were true. :sad: In order to survive out on the market Nintendo really needs to:

1) Make their system more accessible to developers! The GameCube and N64 were nightmares to develop for compared to the PS1 and 2.

2) There is no need to go on the cheap! Americans seem to believe that quality is determined by its price point, if Nintendo wants to survive in North America it needs to make a top-notch that runs for around the same price as the PS3 or XBox 360.

3) Nintendo needs to release more information to the public! People like to hear buzzwords, it gets them excited! Hiding it all from everyone will only lead to disappointment or overexaggerations of its power like in this video!

If Nintendo continues with its current business strategy, I believe in the next console generation it will go the way of Sega or worse have its franchises split up.

AJ
05-15-2005, 09:56 PM
I'm slightly stunned that so many people could consider this real, but there you go...

The renders of the unit still show jagged polys and all of the character animation is extremely stunted. Not to mention there's no way on Earth Nintendo would have Mario so off model.

The opening Mario 64/poly count segment was good though.

"Nintendo Revolution - It's a Hat"

paintbox
05-15-2005, 10:14 PM
A lot of time went into this fake announcement.
Still looks cool though...

Maybe if Nintendo sees this, they might actually make it ;)

lastchild7
05-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Alas, if only it were true. :sad: In order to survive out on the market Nintendo really needs to:

1) Make their system more accessible to developers! The GameCube and N64 were nightmares to develop for compared to the PS1 and 2.

2) There is no need to go on the cheap! Americans seem to believe that quality is determined by its price point, if Nintendo wants to survive in North America it needs to make a top-notch that runs for around the same price as the PS3 or XBox 360.

3) Nintendo needs to release more information to the public! People like to hear buzzwords, it gets them excited! Hiding it all from everyone will only lead to disappointment or overexaggerations of its power like in this video!

If Nintendo continues with its current business strategy, I believe in the next console generation it will go the way of Sega or worse have its franchises split up.

I heard that the ps2 was quite difficult to develop for, harder than the GC. Nintendo wont go bust they have there fingers in to manythings they been in the industry for over a 100 years, if they do go bust then prepare yourself for a lifetime of wonderful looking games and no gameplay.

NickBFTD
05-15-2005, 11:46 PM
there is no way that this is real

the models are awful, just look around the buttons and the dvd slot they are deformed as hell there is also way to much reflection on everything.

the design of everything looks horrid and out of nintendo's style

the mario and samus models look really deformed.

mario sprints in the style of sonic

anyone aware that most companies dont like piracy ?, why would Nintendo let you install games onto the system ?.

the pacing of the whole video is totally out of whack.

those are just a few of the reasons.

archerx
05-15-2005, 11:51 PM
maybe nintendo purposly made it look like a fan film, because you would need a seriously powerful computer to render all the castles, i mean there were thousands and thousands of them and how did the guy get the castle model ?

Aooogah
05-15-2005, 11:57 PM
I heard that the ps2 was quite difficult to develop for, harder than the GC.

Really? Hmm, maybe it was the proprietary media that I was thinking of. Regardless, I know that there was a reason why so many developers turned away from the Cube and it wasn't its poor sales.

lastchild7
05-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Really? Hmm, maybe it was the proprietary media that I was thinking of. Regardless, I know that there was a reason why so many developers turned away from the Cube and it wasn't its poor sales. lol yea i blame it on the industry begining to cater for casual gamers.

KOKE
05-16-2005, 12:49 AM
If this gets to be the real design (something i doubt), how are people going to play multiplayer games, like Soul calibur and so on? if the helmet is the console and screen you will need at east two of those to play with your frineds at home (very expensive).

Then also many people will not want to put on something that has been in certain peoples heads it can become somehow antihigienic (like louses and so).

Anyway the idea is cool, I just hope that if its real no one gets itīs brain burned.

:D

lastchild7
05-16-2005, 01:25 AM
If this gets to be the real design (something i doubt), how are people going to play multiplayer games, like Soul calibur and so on? if the helmet is the console and screen you will need at east two of those to play with your frineds at home (very expensive).

Then also many people will not want to put on something that has been in certain peoples heads it can become somehow antihigienic (like louses and so).

Anyway the idea is cool, I just hope that if its real no one gets itīs brain burned.

:D

well yea i also belive that it is fake, but lets say for a moment that it isnt.... the video shows that teh console can be hooked up to a tv and a monitor aswell. In that case the glasses would be only a peripheral and then the idea becomes more and more belivable.

NickBFTD
05-16-2005, 01:37 AM
do you people who consider this to be real think that nintendo would put out a video with such low production values ?

EpShot
05-16-2005, 01:45 AM
do you people who consider this to be real think that nintendo would put out a video with such low production values ?
it wouldn't be too unreasonable to think it was an internal concept.

NickBFTD
05-16-2005, 02:19 AM
well maybe, but if so would all that other stuff need to be in there ?

archerx
05-16-2005, 02:28 AM
why not ??

FlyByNight
05-16-2005, 03:32 AM
i agree that samus and mario models look very off.... from their proportions, to thir animations..... :( damn!! the model of the console is very jaggedy too, but i dnt necessarily think that these things mean that this video did not come from nintendo....

maybe it was mocked up by a team of employees to show the heads what they would like to do with nintendo and current new technologies... it doesnt have to be guaranteed in the produtcion line, but more of where they would like to take nintendo.....

i duno... only thing is i just think its way too much time out of sum people lives to dedicate to a hoax..... when will we know for sure!!??

NanoGator
05-16-2005, 03:44 AM
How do we know for sure? We don't. But there's some serious clues:

1.) News outlets are reporting it as a hoax.
2.) It directly contradicts what Nintendo has stated about the Rev. (i.e. the 3 DVD cases bit.)
3.) Why would Nintendo mention the Virtual Boy?

Crithon
05-16-2005, 07:39 AM
I'm slightly stunned that so many people could consider this real, but there you go...

The renders of the unit still show jagged polys and all of the character animation is extremely stunted. Not to mention there's no way on Earth Nintendo would have Mario so off model.QUOTE]

Actually, When I first saw that Mario show, For a second I believed that Nintendo would change the character style as drastic as that. Considering what they did with Windwaker and Paper Mario. Something about that whole new mushroom kingdom design bought me for a moment, but for the rest of the video, I didn't buy into it.

[QUOTE]I heard that the ps2 was quite difficult to develop for, harder than the GC

Actually those report where about the first development kits of the PS2 in 2000. Now that we are at the launch of 3 next gen console a lot of developers would rather make games for the PS2 and the XBox 1 since they know how to work with them so well. Last year was the fourth year of the PS2, and some of those games were astonishing, Katamari Damacy, Metal Gear Solid 3, Kill Zone, Tekken 5, Shadow of Rome, Devil May Cry 3.

daedalu$
05-16-2005, 05:13 PM
I know this sounds crazy, that's why I didn't post it in the Official Nintendo Revolution News (showthread.php?t=240123) thread. But there have been rumors that Sony and Nintendo are working together on their nextgen console. Consider this:

- Sony's slogan "Welcome Change" and Nintendo's "Revolution"
- A statement by some guy at Sony:
"An old friend returns....
And an enemy becomes a friend..."
(Playstation 1 was originally developed to be cd drive for Nintendo)
- The countdown on Sony's E3 page ends exactly the same time Nintendo press conference starts.

(German Source (http://www.nintendoonline.de/magazin/index.php?idcatside=147&nid=394))

HamsaPaksham
05-16-2005, 05:18 PM
Well, it sounds crazy for me. And even if itīs true it would be crazy.

Nightez
05-16-2005, 05:30 PM
I heard that the ps2 was quite difficult to develop for, harder than the GC. Nintendo wont go bust they have there fingers in to manythings they been in the industry for over a 100 years, if they do go bust then prepare yourself for a lifetime of wonderful looking games and no gameplay.According to what i've been told by developers, GC is the easiest platform to develop for. The hardware is straight forward and predictable with no bottlenecks or quirks in the design (the one design flaw is the limited Ram). The problem with GC was demographics and 3rd party poor sales.

claybub
05-16-2005, 06:10 PM
omg i laughed so much while watching this video. If it were true there would be a lot of people walking into walls or accidentally punching people. Fun to watch but dont be hopeful of it actually happending :P

norritt
05-16-2005, 09:02 PM
nintendo did a great job with the nintendo ds! I really love the touchscreen idea, the double screen, the wirelesslan ... and the great battery life. Just the display is really crap.

I really hope nintendo will also do such a innovative step into their next gen console! I do not need a better graphics system with no innovative solutions. I think nintendo is the one and only out there, that might think as me.

heavyness
05-16-2005, 09:36 PM
I know this sounds crazy, that's why I didn't post it in the Official Nintendo Revolution News (http://showthread.php/?t=240123) thread. But there have been rumors that Sony and Nintendo are working together on their nextgen console. Consider this:

- Sony's slogan "Welcome Change" and Nintendo's "Revolution"
- A statement by some guy at Sony:
"An old friend returns....
And an enemy becomes a friend..."
(Playstation 1 was originally developed to be cd drive for Nintendo)
- The countdown on Sony's E3 page ends exactly the same time Nintendo press conference starts.

(German Source (http://www.nintendoonline.de/magazin/index.php?idcatside=147&nid=394))

a conspiracy theory, i love it.

itsallgoode9
05-16-2005, 10:28 PM
even though I highly doubt it will happen, that would make me SO happy. I really think there is no need to have 3 systems. In terms of games xbox and ps2 have basically the same ones. When i'm on IGN i hardly ever read both the ps2 and xbox pages...I can always just read one and usually the headline is identical for the other. I really wish it would go back to a 2 system race

daedalu$
05-16-2005, 11:15 PM
a conspiracy theory, i love it.

Yeah, I know. When I read it got pretty excited, unfortunately, after giving it another thought I'm pretty sure it's never gonna happen. Too bad... :(

lastchild7
05-17-2005, 03:58 AM
Yeah, I know. When I read it got pretty excited, unfortunately, after giving it another thought I'm pretty sure it's never gonna happen. Too bad... :(
yup u are right sony have revealed the ps3 and there is nothing on a merger with ninty

lastchild7
05-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Ok lets reject all speculation now apparantly this is the truth. waiting for confirmation, but i am getting excited. http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=240908

rickmann
05-26-2005, 04:59 AM
one weird question: anyone know where they got the audio, particulary the one at the end? Also if someone knows where to find it would be available to use say in a demo reel??

Thanks

HellBoy
05-26-2005, 08:33 PM
hi all

PS3, XBox360 both I knew, but this
http://cubemedia.ign.com/cube/image/article/522/522559/igncubes-nintendo-revolution-faq-20050525023040785.jpg
I didn't know

check out more pics http://media.cube.ign.com/articles/522/522559/imgs_1.html

UrbanFuturistic
05-26-2005, 09:13 PM
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=240908

What took you so long? :p

regards, Paul

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2005, 09:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.