PDA

View Full Version : Correcting aspect ratio from Photoshop!..help

smoothoperator
05-13-2005, 03:01 PM
I have a document in PS which I've enabled "correct aspect ratio" it's for widescreen film. I wanted to do some sketching in Painter on the document but opening it in Painter set's it to "square" aspect ratio, it discards the "keep aspect ratio of anamorphic settings from PS". How do I keep the aspect ratio of the PS file while using it in Painter!?
I'm sure people in the film industry using Painter and PS has a way around this?
thanks

+smooth+

Jinbrown
05-13-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi,

I'm only guessing what you mean about "enable aspect ratio" for widescreen film. It sounds like you're telling Photoshop to temporarily change the aspect ration from the original aspect ratio.

The reason I say "temporarily" is that your image is, apparently, not changed to the new aspect ratio permanently.

If the image is saved with a certain aspect ratio and you open it in Painter, it will have that same aspect ratio.

If Photoshop is doing something else, like holding information that temporarily changes the image's aspect ratio from square to rectangular and it's saved while still basically a square image, there's no way for Painter to know you want it rectangular.

All I can suggest is to save the image from Photoshop in the correct aspect ratio if you want it to have that aspect ratio when you open it in Painter.

Maybe others can give you better suggestions????

el_diablo
05-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Afaik, there is no way to have anything than square pixels in Painter. You have two options:

1. To work in square pixels meaning your visuals might not be exact
2. To compensate for aspect difference by resampling image to square pixels and back when you are finished

However I didnt use Painter for a while so I might be wrong and there might be an option hidden somewhere for setting and correcting pixel aspect ratio.

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2005, 10:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.