PDA

View Full Version : GMAX users need a forum

yofreetime
05-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Is there a place on CGTALK where the use of GMAX is discussed? I am beginning a game mod club in my area and would like to know where to go to get feedback on issues that may arise. It would be nice if CGTALK could set up a forum in the Application Specific area for this software. Who do I contact to get this set up?

Anyone have any experiences good or bad with using gmax for a game mod? I would love to hear from you.

yofreetime

mummey
05-14-2005, 03:12 AM
why not the 3dsmax forum?

yofreetime
05-15-2005, 09:33 PM
I guess that would work. I just thought there might be a certain place for GMAX since there will be issues that are unique to each software.

I see that you are a TD/SW developer... Do you use GMAX? I am looking for some pointers in setting up my GMAX gamemodclub. Do you have any suggestions about game engines that are more GMAX friendly or "easier" to import models, levels and textures? I am very familiar with 3D studio max (was an expert user up to version 5 then I had to begin using Maya unfortunately) and have not really looked at GMAX yet.

Thanks,

Brad

pushav
06-30-2005, 12:21 AM
I like gmax. I wish that there was a forum for it.

mummey
07-02-2005, 05:04 PM
yofreetime: I do compositing-related work currently, but for 3D I use Maya.

drunksniper
07-05-2005, 04:27 PM
i understand why you would consider GMAX a separate application (somewhat)

but in reality there would be no reason to because its like making a Separate forum for Maya Builder, Complete and Unlimited AND PLE (allthough thats technically complete)

And the same would go for Softimage XSI Essentials, Foundation and Advanced. (or EXP)

They all have "different issues" addressed ...but taht is only because the other packages have more features.. the more inexpensive packages will have the same issues in the other packages, thus in Gmax, all the modeling tools are the same as 3d max, and it would be redundant to put another forum for the same tools to be discussed.
I would say just make it clear that you only have the GMAX tools available.. which would let people understand what you have to work with.

leigh
07-11-2005, 05:08 AM
Is there a place on CGTALK where the use of GMAX is discussed?

Yes, in the Max forum.

CGTalk Moderation
07-11-2005, 05:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.