PDA

View Full Version : Action .. saving to the same location

brenly
05-13-2005, 10:52 AM
Does anyone know if its possible to make an action that saves to a set folder. It seems that actions will only save the file to where it was last saved to or opened from. What I want to do is open a file from one folder, edit the file then using an action save it to another folder. Is this possible??

halo
05-13-2005, 01:00 PM
you can assign folders when using an action as a batch process

brenly
05-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Yeh .. I was aware of that. Its just that I dont want to open a batch process everytime I want to save a file to a certian location. I find it a little annoying and time consuming having to navigate from one folder to another when opening and saving files. What I want to do is use actions or any other means to save to different folders via one click.

aldog
05-26-2005, 02:08 AM
Whenever I have to make decorative thumbnail images for a website, i use actions. and have it save into a seperate folder. all i do is just go through whatever resizing/"decorating" i want, and then do a save as, and save it as a jpg/gif in a seperate folder, but you have to make sure that you don't change the file name from the original. or else everytime you rerun the action, it will overwrite the previous file...but in short, i've always saved in a seperate folder from the original.

CGTalk Moderation
05-26-2005, 02:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.