PDA

View Full Version : The nakedness of light.

Don Kayote
05-13-2005, 06:56 AM
Do all painting needs to be in a white light source?

Im curious as to know how this will affect the local colour of the surface if it was a different colour.

This question is not for the outdoor morning scene that is forever defuse. But the indoor scene lited by close range artificial light. This is where objects get flooded by reflected light and intense highlight that is kindda hard to show the local colour of objects.

Any ideas? :)

paperclip
05-13-2005, 07:51 AM
Indoor light is usually orange (tungsten) or a sort of greenish hue (fluorescent). Also yellowish (candle)

There's an in depth lighting tutorial in the sticky here which attacks this issue- quite fascinating actually.

You can find the tutorial here (http://www.itchy-animation.co.uk/light.htm).

Don Kayote
05-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Thank you paperclip. :) I forgot to check the sticky :D

I shall now command Phil. The prince of insufficient light to condamn me to heck for my minor incompetence :D

offbeatworlds
05-13-2005, 01:00 PM
This is something that I learned from Linda (Enayla) a while ago: you can use any color for the light, especially in the digital arts arena, because experimentation is so easy. Generally a rule of thumb is to have cool colors for the light, to make other colors (especially skintones) to really pop. And this is for both inside and outside.

Hope that helps!

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2005, 01:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.