http://cube.ign.com/articles/613/613340p1.html

got me excited

stenosis|kill
05-13-2005, 07:33 AM
whoo, thanks for the link :thumbsup:
soon we will hear some more information about all the next gen. *excited*

Larry_g1s
05-13-2005, 06:10 PM
Its width will reportedly be no more than three DVD cases stacked flatly on each other, or slightly more than an inch.

Wow! That's thin. It also said on the article the console will be "very, very sleek". Looks like they atleast learned from the GameCube. I didn't dislike the GameCube design, but it sure wasn't "sleek". lol

I like that they're keeping wireless controllers, I love the WaveBird. And Wi-Fi out of the box ;).

itsallgoode9
05-13-2005, 07:08 PM
yeh I was pretty excited to hear that it sounds like it's going to have a "normal" design...but who knows with it being Nintendo. I really hope they make logical desisions this time around and are able to drop niche videogame label.

PhilOsirus
05-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Nintendo has so far made no statements that would indicate a different situation this time around. They will still have little 3rd party support, partly because no companies like to release the same title on a bunch of platforms and Nintendo always has a particular design either console-wise or controller-wise. Nintendo likes to make it difficult for games made for its console to be ported to other systems as well.

NanoGator
05-13-2005, 07:55 PM
Pity. I really liked the GameCube design. Not the prettiest thing around, but having moved it around the house a few times, I found it very convenient. (Unlike my PS2.)

I'm also saddened that they're moving to full sized DVDs for a couple of reasons:

1.) I liked the smaller media. I just plain liked it. Then again, I've never been a fan of 5" media. Too big, too easy to scratch.

2.) The nice thing about the smaller media is that one day Nintendo could make a portable version of the system. A PSP'ish device that could play GameCube games would be awesome. Revolution games? Even better! Sadly, though, they're making that seriously difficult for themselves.

I can't really fault them for their decision, just saddened by some of the lost potential. I'm in a mood right now where I'm really tired of hooking stuff up to my TV.

Larry_g1s
05-13-2005, 09:18 PM
Pity. I really liked the GameCube design. Not the prettiest thing around, but having moved it around the house a few times, I found it very convenient. (Unlike my PS2.) I hear that! lol

Nintendo has so far made no statements that would indicate a different situation this time around. They will still have little 3rd party support... I'm sure we'll have to wait and see as more infos out on what 3rd parties will support, but SquareEnix has already mentioned about the possiblities of supporting Nintendo's Revolution. :shrug:

Spankspeople
05-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Wireless controllers? My house is already so full of electronic interference that we can't pick up television stations over the air anymore... How much more do we need? *sigh*

On the other hand, the biggest eyesore on the home entertainment system at the moment is the controller cords just sitting there all over the living room. Hopefully they come with rechargable batteries.

NanoGator
05-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Wireless controllers? My house is already so full of electronic interference that we can't pick up television stations over the air anymore... How much more do we need? *sigh*

On the other hand, the biggest eyesore on the home entertainment system at the moment is the controller cords just sitting there all over the living room. Hopefully they come with rechargable batteries.

Even if they don't come with rechargable batteries, you'll be pleased with the battery life. (I am assuming, of course, that these controllers are as good as the Wavebirds.)

As for wireless: Not sure what to tell ya. I'm more worried about my neighbors f'n with my game from their living room. On the other hand, maybe Nintendo cooked up a form of ID system for the controllers to prevent that.

orion119net
05-14-2005, 01:33 AM
hmm, this sounds kinda different from the other video shown...

but im happy with either one.

:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
05-14-2005, 01:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.