View Full Version : The Rebellion needs you...
05-13-2005, 01:29 AM
I'm in the pre-production stages of a Star Wars fan film. Yeah, it sounds "done" but living in LA and having pulled every connection I have, I've managed to put together a crack team with top end equipment (shooting HD, on a set, on a sound stage, with actual actors). I need help on the post end and heard this was the place to come -- a Mos-Eisely style forum with CG guys from all walks of life :). Is anyone out there interested in working with a fully trained live-action crew?
05-25-2005, 12:47 AM
What an amazing opportunity for all who are involved.
Star Wars is what first inspired me to want to get into Film FX.
Unfortunately living in South Africa I’m not sure I would be able to offer much assistance.
I just wanted to wish you the best of luck for the project.
One thing that bugs me out about living in South Africa is opportunities like this do not come
along very often. And when they do they are normally in another country.
Anyway, good luck and keep us posted on the progress.
And if there is anything I can do to help please do not hesitate to contact me.
05-25-2005, 01:30 AM
Frezka check your pm
05-25-2005, 07:47 AM
I may be wrong since you asked for post stuff, but if you are in need of some concepts/designs or storyboarding a team of two is willing during the next few months.
Both of us are in Hungary, but the net can help in that department.
05-26-2005, 05:40 AM
Frezka, living in SA shouldn't put you off these opportunities. Hell, when I still lived in SA, I was working on films like The Aviator and Sin City from my apartment in Cape Town. Just find a local internet cafe for your uploads because twice I reached my ADSL cap :banghead:
But seriously, don't let your location stop you from doing stuff.
05-26-2005, 01:17 PM
Can you be more specific with your needs?
I m in Greece but would love to help!
05-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Sure, we need the following:
1. the first and most important is our Nebula. Our ceiling piece is going to be green screen. People come to our spice bar take a hit off this alien hooka and look up at this nebula or other space phenomenon.
2. We need the Star Wars intro with text going into a pan down from black space to a planet. A ship enters the frame and we follow it as it lands on the planet below.
3. The ship lands on a docking pad that is connected to our bar. The bar is located high in the Mountains.
4. We need a 3d model of one of our light sabers. We’re going to have it float in the air in a defensive posture. (THIS MUST LOOK REAL)
05-28-2005, 12:29 AM
I hope we didn't scare you off with that many effects.
You should also try posting this in the Collaborative Team Projects section. They have a couple of Star Wars fan films that just started.
People seem intereseted in serious projects so be prepared to show some of what you've got so far to show you mean business. You'll have a much better chance of getting people on board.
Good luck :thumbsup:
05-29-2005, 06:26 PM
Honestly, it doesn't sound that hard to do.
1) Nebula -- photoshop together some nice space pictures, paint in some stuff you might want to see. At most you would end up slowly rotating it, or putting in some shooting stars. Simple.
2) Star Wars crawl -- unbelievably simple. Planet is easy to make; the spaceship sounds like the only minorly difficult piece of work, and it doesn't sound too bad.
3) Space ship on a matte painting. Add some birds if you want.
4) There's extensive reference for lightsabers all across the internet. It's a simple geometric object. Not difficult to model, nor to surface.
I'm betting you could find someone to do it pretty easily. I'm spending time doing my own projects, but I can't imagine that if you get someone to do this, that it'd be that hard.
05-29-2005, 06:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.