PDA

View Full Version : Ghost in the Shell TV Series movie clips

db5007
10-10-2002, 01:42 AM
We just put 2, 30 sec clips up from the new series that is coming out, feel free to check them out here:

http://www.production-ig.com/GhostTV_Movies.html

Enjoy!

Production IG (http://www.productionIG.com)
Tokyo

SheepFactory
10-10-2002, 02:51 AM
this looks killer , ,

when can we watch this in USA?

:beer:

Cockofthewok
10-10-2002, 03:05 AM
YAAAAY!! Fuchikomas are in the series! I'm really excited about this.

Genesis
10-10-2002, 03:09 AM
Do you know if it will be shown in Australia?

db5007
10-10-2002, 03:16 AM
Glad you guys like it..

As far as an American release, Bandai-Entertainment has the rights and although it is not yet official, Cartoon Network mentioned at the San Diego Comic-Con that they would air in on the Adult Swim block.

As for countries outside America and Japan, I dont know what the status on that is. It will also be release on DVD at some point in time.

By the way, in the new series the spider robots are called "Tachikoma" instead of "Fuchikoma."

Cockofthewok
10-10-2002, 03:24 AM
I see. Is the name Fuchikoma erroneous? or is this a change that production I.G. decided on? I've never really cared for cartoon network. even adult swim (not that this really matters) I thought cowboy bebop was a kid's show when I saw it on adult swim. I'll def. be buying the DVD, however.

Kaz
10-10-2002, 03:32 AM
omg... that looks soo awesome. I can't wait to see the series. And I hope I win that dang wallpaper contest :P

facial
10-10-2002, 04:05 AM
db5007
Nice works, i love them, keep post up.:beer:
i love to creat some non-photorealistic works,here some traditional China painting style, It is all 3D. i hope u like it, and give me some advices. thank you.
http://www.chinadv.com/bbs/photo/200291119391412496.gif
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20613&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20613&perpage=15&pagenumber=3

:beer:

zoid
10-10-2002, 04:46 AM
i just saw the first episode today! GITS: SAC is awesome!!! db5007 what exactly do you do for produciton ig?

db5007
10-10-2002, 05:13 AM
Kaz:We got over 250 entries all of the world for the Wallpaper contest. The competition is really high! Hopefully soon we wil be able to announce the winners.

CockoftheWOK:Yes, Fuchikoma was the original name but Masamune Shirow decided to change it to Tachikoma. I dont know why..

Facial:Your 3D renders look very nice! Do you have any web pages that explain your technique?

Zoid:I am what is called in Japan, a "CG Creator." I am currently working on the CG Staff for Oshii Mamoru's next film. If you are interested, I have a journal on the IG website that talks about my experiences working at a Japanese animation studio.

My current entries:

http://www.productionig.com/forums/index.php?s=&act=SF&f=16

My home page:

http://www.productionig.com/Samurai_Home.html

A faq I made based on many of the questions I had recieved.

http://www.productionig.com/faq.htm

Cockofthewok
10-10-2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by zoid
i just saw the first episode today! GITS: SAC is awesome!!! db5007 what exactly do you do for produciton ig?

There's one out already?! Do they have subs yet!?

PNelson
10-10-2002, 05:52 AM
Amazing work.. I hear "rumors" that you guys are using LightWave! Is that true?

See Ya!

NightFox
10-10-2002, 07:04 AM
I hope it gets shown on Adult Swim on the Cartoon Network.. would be very cool to watch it. If not there then get it on DVDs.

Db5007 - maybe the name was changed because they are a different type or model design? heh.. just to distinguish it from the original Fuchikomas?

db5007
10-10-2002, 07:14 AM
Cockofthewok:The show began airing on Japanese pay-per-view on October 1st. I believe, if I am not mistaken the Japanese DVD's are coming out at the end of the year in December. I dont know if they will have english subs..

PNelson: In the clips, I am fairly sure that Lightwave was used. Actually I did a little Tachikoma animation test about a year ago in Lightwave. Production IG is using everything from Houdini, Max, Lightwave and Maya. Currently I am using Maya for my work.

NightFox:Yes, perhaps then new design prompted him to change the name. Shirow-san is a very eccentric character...

SaintofSmoke
10-10-2002, 08:12 AM
You actually know Masamune Shirow personally??? :eek:

db5007
10-10-2002, 08:46 AM
I wouldn't say I know him personally as he is a very reclusive artist. However, from time to time he does comes to our studio for meetings and such.

xmb
10-10-2002, 09:43 AM
IG Production is a ****ing amazing company, seems big but still personal & progressive.

ghZaaaRK
10-10-2002, 09:55 AM
Here, the trailer
http://www.sa.sakura.ne.jp/~straydog/oshii/gits-sac/gits-sac-trailer.mpeg

****dooh link is down!***

bye

maelstrom
10-10-2002, 10:18 AM
yeah, this is extra-sweet! :love:

The Magic Pen
10-10-2002, 03:41 PM
Hooorraayyyyy :bounce:

Jesus loves production IG ..and ghost in the shell :love: :airguitar

rayz
10-10-2002, 06:40 PM
I wish they make an english version (dubed) of this or just sub........ heck ill even watch the japanese version :rolleyes: it looks really nice......:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i like the idea of spider robots :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Kaz
10-10-2002, 07:16 PM
hey, i've been reading your "The Samurai from NYC" for about an hour now. Great stuff. I'm gonna check it out more often.
One thing I noticed was. You said the pay was lower in japan and the expenses were higher then here in the states. How in the world do you manage?
Oh and that thing about the crazy old man on the train, oh that sounded pretty funny. Have you had the chance to meet Masamune Shirow yet? I'm sure if you have it's in the later entries that I will soon get to. If you have what's he like?

beta
10-10-2002, 07:54 PM
W 0 W! :applause: :thumbsup:

takkun
10-10-2002, 11:40 PM
I just wanted to say that I love the work you guys did on Furi Kuri.

I think that it's one of the best anime series ever created. Really.

Kaz
10-10-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Felytendect
I just wanted to say that I love the work you guys did on Furi Kuri.

I think that it's one of the best anime series ever created. Really.
furi kuri was made by Gainex, same place that made Evangelion. Some really twisted people, if you ask me. But there quality is top notch :p

[NPH]
10-11-2002, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Kaz
furi kuri was made by Gainex, same place that made Evangelion. Some really twisted people, if you ask me. But there quality is top notch :p

Actually, Gainax, as well as other studios, will often hire out work from other studios. I believe IG did a lot of work on Furi Kuri. IG also worked on Evangelion, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, again if I'm not mistaken, the way it works is that Gainax (or other studio) draws the groundwork (pencil drawings) of their series, and then sends it to IG (or other studio) to be inked and painted. All other work like voice acting and music and sound effects stays at Gainax, I believe.

db5007
10-11-2002, 03:04 AM
Kaz: You ask how I manage living in Japan on the low salaries and high cost of living. Well I often ask myself the same question. I remember when I was working in the states, I used to think I wasnt making enough money. But now after living here, I see things much differently. I used to take all of that for granted. I remember how easy it was to take a trip somewhere with some friends for the weekend, or be able to eat out whenever I wanted to. But although sometimes it is a financial struggle here, I think if you really love what you are doing, you will always find a way to survive. And yes, I did meet Shirow san once. In fact I think I met him shortly after I arrived in Japan. I was just introduced to him but we didnt really have a chance to talk.

Felytendect: I am glad you like Furi Kuri. I agree, I think it very well done..too bad not that many people know about it. Once you see it, its so easy to get hooked on the beautiful colors and animatation. Furi Kuri was a collaboration between Production IG and Gainax. We also collaborated with them on the Evangelion:Death and Rebirth movie. Gainax is a very cool and edgy animation studio. The president of Gainax is Yamaga-san who was the director of Wings Of Honnemiase. I bumped into in him and Otomo Katsuhiro(director of Akira) by chance at a nearby Japanese pub! I couldnt believe it..

Cockofthewok
10-11-2002, 04:52 AM
I'd say that more than makes up for bad pay.

Mahlon
10-12-2002, 05:41 AM
Justin,
This stuff looks great. Production IG really remains on my high list.

I also love the colors blue your background artists use for the sky.

Mahlon Bouldin

RobinOberg
10-13-2002, 12:21 PM
i wrote an extremely long reply and then ie crashed.
i'll just say that ive seen all production ig's productions undubbed and that this series is in class with blood the last vampire, which is my favorite anime ever...

i have alot more to say but i dont want the server to time-out again...

// A production IG lover :D

takkun
10-14-2002, 06:06 AM
I just had a chance to see Spirited Away (...I don't remember the original Japanese title) and I must say that I was blown away! I noticed Production IG in the credits ( with about 30 other animation companies) that helped out in production. What did you guys get to contribute? Did you help out with any of the great CG elements in that movie?

Is-boset
10-15-2002, 08:02 PM
hey guys, do you know were i can see the first episode of GITS, or you are talking about the clips?
Thanks!

RobinOberg
10-16-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Is-boset
hey guys, do you know were i can see the first episode of GITS, or you are talking about the clips?
Thanks!

with satellite or in japan, take your pick :)

Man i adore production ig's work, everything theyve made is like candy dropping down from the sky :)

Is-boset
10-17-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by RobinOberg
with satellite or in japan, take your pick :)

Man i adore production ig's work, everything theyve made is like candy dropping down from the sky :)

thanks man, but which channel, or program play GITS.
thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.