PDA

View Full Version : character : girl

visionmaster
10-10-2002, 12:44 AM
this is my first pict with brazil, the background is a photo on a plane.

visionmaster
10-10-2002, 01:38 AM
+

stephen2002
10-10-2002, 01:49 AM
if you had not posted that 2nd pic, I would have said the whole thing was a photo.

very nice work, although there seems to be some odd streaking on the skin in the first one. It looks like you need to increase the resolution of the texture map for the skin. It also would help to add actual hair geometry for the eyebrows.

liquidhalf
10-10-2002, 07:33 AM
nice work... with all that light in the scene.. i'd like to see some more speck on the eyes and a little more glossiness to the skin.
that's just being picky...

needs some emotion.. she looks bored... or something.. make her sad or happy or sexy or something. keep it up.

eLm0
10-10-2002, 03:57 PM
totally sweet:thumbsup:
any chance u can post some wires?
keep it up

visionmaster
10-10-2002, 04:12 PM
thank you

for the specul on the eyes and the glossiness of the skin i try to reproduce the original photo . ill post it if she give me the permission :rolleyes:

the texture is not really good for the moment, when i take the pictures for the skin i dont ask her to remove the make-up..

for the expression, i am working on it and ill post some tonight with wires.

here are some new try

visionmaster
10-10-2002, 04:14 PM
+

aurora
10-10-2002, 07:45 PM
Very nice. One question, not really a crit, whats the story with the dark streaks down her nose and through the rest of her midline?

Joril
10-10-2002, 11:36 PM
The face on the last render is to shiny IMO.

visionmaster
10-11-2002, 01:03 AM
anothe one

pazwords20020
10-11-2002, 05:09 PM
i think it is easy to use photos and photoshop, to make 3d pictures.

its a fake Visionmaster !

i dont like your work
:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

visionmaster
10-11-2002, 06:19 PM
pazword20020 : your first post here ?........hummm

aurora : for the dak streaks i dont know what it is...if i remember i put some reflection on the skin..perhaps it is that. thank you.:)

here is a mesh and a map.

visionmaster
10-11-2002, 06:21 PM
+

time_101
10-11-2002, 07:19 PM
I think the renders are good, and your texture is awesome, love it. the one problem i have is with your mesh, it doesn't look very clean at all, edges kind of randomly turned and lots of useless polys that can be cleaned up. too many long, thin polys that when doing expressions i forsee them giving you problems getting natural skin movement.

DJ Bindhi
10-11-2002, 11:42 PM
Let me begin by saying that I am a big fan of your work. I have been trying to get your "look" ever since I first saw it on CGtalk (I esp. like your rendition of Superman and Namor).

That being said, I think this is one of your weaker pieces. It lacks the illustrative feel of your other works as it looks like photos attached to flat 3d surfaces. I see now that might be the result of your geometry, which is very "low polyesque." I think this gives the work a very well textured game character feel, but not the feel of your other chracters. But this is stiill high quality work and I look forward to seeing it progress. :beer:

On another note, why'd you switch from Final Render to Brazil?

Oh and wtf is up with this:

"i think it is easy to use photos and photoshop, to make 3d pictures. its a fake Visionmaster !
i dont like your work"

There's been a bit too much playground posting here I think, not that I'm that much better, but I mean really what is that?

visionmaster
10-12-2002, 04:59 PM
yes you have right DJ bindhi.
the first pictures look like 2d.....i must learning more clean modeling. for the no expression of the girl, i can see what you thinking. i "concentrate" this picto to the rendering.

i dont switch fr to brazil, it's just a test with max 5 ( i dont have the 1.5 patch for fr )

for the last question, i dont understand too...

thank you dj

:beer: :beer:

liquidhalf
10-12-2002, 07:18 PM
Getting better. I like the dark color on the lips in that 1 pic. i see subtle changes that make it look much better. now.. she needs maybe a smile. :) . the texture is looking good. the hair could use a few fixes.. but still really good.

PokeChop
10-12-2002, 08:05 PM
Hi visionmaster. Good work so far and thanks for sharing your texure. Always good to see how others approach materials.

I have to agree with the other posters here that the mesh seems very triangulated or something. Not your typical poly model with the use of edgeloops. Great for still work but I feel it could give you problems if you do try to animate her facial expressions in any way. Here I am looking at your work going, wow, that is great work but the mesh does not look like any other mesh as far as other people's wireframe posts and not that it has too mind ya. Just my 2 cents worth. Please don't think I am saying there is anything wrong with your method as long as you a getting great solutions out of this modelling method. She really does look great!

Have you tried to animate her to see if this mesh gives you any problems?

Now on to give you some stars...

MuggRender
10-12-2002, 10:07 PM
Excelent. Man tell me: How you didi that hair? A plugin or Mapped splines? Awesome:beer:

WhiteBlaizer
10-12-2002, 10:52 PM
if the post title is character girl... why i watch an old woman... and ugly i say... very ugly :p

Put a wire without mesh optimization. :wip: and try to put her another hair color. She seems like a witch... puaj

The texture es very good. i wish i have a person posing like that ugly woman :D :D

cheers and good work

DJ Bindhi
10-13-2002, 06:00 AM
No, thank you V-master for sharing your work and your tex, very informative. Keep on renderin'. :thumbsup:

Jason-Kane
10-13-2002, 07:10 AM
Looks good. But you shoudl study flow lines. Your use of mesh is very strange. Look at www.thehumanhead.com

hiko_
10-13-2002, 08:36 PM
Poser + optimize for your "meshe" ?

slaughters
10-14-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by pazwords20020
i think it is easy to use photos and photoshop, to make 3d pictures.

its a fake Visionmaster !

i dont like your work
:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow pazwords20020,
You're an *ss (and a coward for creating a new account just to post this one comment under an assumed name) !

It's easy to make BAD 3D pcitures using photos (or using any other method). Visionmaster seems to make some pretty good images though.

Vision master,

I'm not sure if its just my monitor, but the contrast between the light and dark parts of the skin tones seems to be excessive. The texture you posted looks OK, so maybe its the lighting or reflection (spec, gloss, etc..) properties.

Marc Andreoli
10-16-2002, 12:06 AM
yes, how did you do the hair ?

As for the mapping, you might want to create a separate set of maps for color, bump, specular etc. If you keep all that information in a single map it will look funky, because the lighting from the photograph won't match the brazil rendering (for example, there might be a highlight in a shodow...).

So, a quick fix would be to do this: open your map in photoshop and apply the highpass filter. Use this as a bump map. Invert the map you just created and overlay it over the original image (new layer, chose 'overlay' instead of 'normal'). Collapse it and use this image as the color map.

You will have to play around with the filters, levels and other Photoshop options for the best results, but this should give you a first idea...

Keep it up. CG is long road paved with triangles...:D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.