PDA

View Full Version : Premiere:Clip discription.?

DAZZAN
05-11-2005, 08:50 PM
Ive got to reedit my film rushes i made a few years ago on pro hi 8,its been trasfered to digital,from 32 tapes and backed up to dvd.
Of course ive lost my hi 8 timecode as its come in in 1 stream,so no nice segments.

So ive cut buy hand following the editlist i did in 1994,but as i cut cut the stream up, id like to give each shot their former discriptions as i did years ago,do i have to render out each cut seperately then be able to some how right click and write the discription in?
i keep putting this job off,as i think it would be hell trying to find a shot without being able to discribe it.

many thanks

Yossarian!
05-12-2005, 02:21 AM
No, you won't have to rerender. You can drop the whole clip on the timeline and razor it up, then right click on each section and give it a description. Of course that won't change the video file name, or create new clips, but these cuts and descriptions will be accessible anytime within the one project. Just make a copy of the project then create a new sequence and cut away (in PPro). Hope that answers it, was I on the right track?

DAZZAN
05-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Many thanks will try that straight away!

DAZZAN
05-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Many thanks, oh God 32 tapes 10 of them 1 hr long 22 30 mins.

Those were the days,linear editing.

Thanks for the reply

Yossarian!
05-13-2005, 06:43 AM
Yeah, two steps forward, one step back

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2005, 06:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.