PDA

View Full Version : Conan Red Nails: 2D/3D Animated Feature

Slurry
05-11-2005, 03:32 AM
There's going to be a new animated feature come 2006.
I used to love reading the Conan mags when I was a kid. Amazing artwork and stories. He's a great character/hero.
I hope they aim for really high production values and release it in the theatre.

www.conanrednails.com (http://www.conanrednails.com)
http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=top&newsitem_no=13872

Art

Stormy151
05-11-2005, 10:28 AM
I used to have a pile of Conan mags. My ex made me sell them when we got married. Great stories and characters. Hopefully this will be well done. :)

Xevious
05-11-2005, 06:40 PM
I hope this is bloody and violent like it was meant to be and not the water-down crap that Hollywood normally puts out.

(I am a fan too!)

chow-mein
05-11-2005, 07:00 PM
I wonder who will provide the voices for the characters. It will be funny if Ahhh...nuld lends his talents to the Conan character once again. "Crommmm"

rwijaya
05-11-2005, 07:16 PM
wow, that was a frank frazetta drawings they used in the beginning of the clip, but there is no mention of his name on the clip.

funny

Berserga
05-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Oh man! I too am a huge Conan comics fan. This will either be really cool or suck mightily.

by crom!

JTD
05-11-2005, 07:24 PM
I'll be watching this closely. Love Conan.

dmonk
05-11-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm very excited for this. I hope they do it right.

lukx
05-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Vin Diesel for Conan voice!

Poisen
05-11-2005, 08:32 PM
sounds fantastic,,,,

but if they kill it, i going to be one unhappy fan.

i have high hopes, but i dont doubt hollyweirds ability to wreck even the best of stories..

chow-mein
05-11-2005, 09:15 PM
I hope they do it well too. Marvel's Conan was the first comic book I seriously collected...ahhh the fond memories. I wonder has anyone thought about doing a Thor or Elric movie? That would be pretty cool.

Wilson-3d
05-11-2005, 10:01 PM
I hope this goes good too. I have always had some Connan comics around and have been enjoying the new series that came out a little over a year ago.

My Fault
05-11-2005, 10:19 PM
Makes me think of all the cool work Barry Windsor Smith did on Conan. Hope it works out!

Slurry
05-11-2005, 10:29 PM
The initial hope is Direct to DVD I think...which makes me think that the quality will be sacrificed a little.
Way off topic but I think Groo the Wanderer would be an awesome comic/feature adaptation.

Art

Gamoron
05-11-2005, 11:55 PM
I think they'll kill this. The choices for music were pretty off if you ask me.

Kortoso
07-08-2005, 12:39 AM
You're killing me here! :rolleyes:
Where do you see Frazetta art and music? Is there a trailer that I can't pull up?

Somebody help me... :D

DePingus
07-08-2005, 03:50 PM
I can't find a clip either. I DID find more info on the movie though...
http://www.conan.com/f_rednails.shtml

nickej
07-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Not to get all fogey-like, but Conan is a little more than another Marvel comic. There were actual words written by a single author many years before Marvel even existed. In my opinion, if they try for the spirit if the Marvel comics, they've already lost. Luckily, with Mike Kaluta (and some other people I know) on the creative and production end of things, it's got a great chance to be a faithful evocation of the books

I love the comics, and even painted a cover for one of the "Savage Sword" books back in the day, but Marvel Conan =\= RE Howard Conan.

Kortoso
07-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Yes, I post regularly at Conan.com.

The owners of the franchise seem to be driving toward an REH "roots" Conan generally. So, yes, you can expect to say bye-bye to the Marvel works. There's a lot of meaty material in the REH stories that has thus far been neglected.

chadtheartist
07-11-2005, 09:51 PM
I have disliked every single movie, cartoon, and TV series that I've seen of Conan. None of them focused on the core character that was in the books. Although the first movie was OK, it still didn't portray the Conan from the novels. I liked the older Conan comics, but honestly I preferred the books over them too.

I hope they follow the books description of Conan, rather than the comic vision. He's not an Arnold Schwarzenegger. Arnold couldn't sneak across rooftops as a thief, nor is he agile enough to do a lot of things a thief would need to do. I'd like to see a tall, somewhat muscular, BLUE EYED and straight square cut black maned person playing the part of Conan. Fully clothed. No more of that loin-cloth crap (Sorry ladies).

But I guess that will never happen.

Kortoso
07-29-2005, 11:45 PM
It worries me that in all these new REH productions, Conan, Bran Mak Morn, Red Nails, they're getting the very most minor league producers. Look up any of their names on IMDB, and if you can find them, you'll be lucky.

That Cimmerian gloominess taking over today, as ever.

Kortoso
10-20-2005, 06:34 PM
Hey, looks like we're in business.
Ron Perlman takes up the sword, assisted by the voices of Clancy "Happy Halloween, sisters" Brown and Mark "You're not my father" Hamill.

Pentagramma
10-20-2005, 06:47 PM
The artwork looks great... I really hope they go for a serious adaptation of Conan, with lots of blood and sex.

I mean, in the good sense of course. :shrug:

ArtisticVisions
10-20-2005, 11:25 PM
I wonder who will provide the voices for the characters. It will be funny if Ahhh...nuld lends his talents to the Conan character once again. "Crommmm"
After that crapfest known as "Conan the Destroyer"?
God, I hope not. :rolleyes:

bentllama
10-21-2005, 03:21 AM
i just started following the conan saga again...picking up holds on the latest monthlys and even the new miniseries by pat lee.

wow great stuff. cannot wait for this movie

there was also a great setup for a conan game at e3 this year...

maybe next year will,be the year of the lamentation of the women!

greystudio
10-21-2005, 09:30 PM
I'm looking forward to this also - just one question about the title "Red Nails"?

. . . as in manicures and nail polish? :)

CGTalk Moderation
10-21-2005, 09:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.