PDA

View Full Version : Eovia Announces Immediate Availability of Hexagon

RingoM
05-10-2005, 02:54 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Eovia Announces Immediate Availability of Hexagon
New 3D polygonal modeling software delivers evolutionary interface,
techniques, and openness for beginners and experts alike

Bordeaux, France and Mountain View, CA, USA – May 10, 2005 – Eovia, developer and publisher of leading 3D animation, modeling and rendering solutions, announced today the immediate availability of an innovative 3D modeling software named Hexagon.

Eovia Hexagon, an all-new 3D polygonal modeler for artists and illustrators, is dedicated to the creation of 3D models and realistic or imaginary characters, and the realization of technical objects. Its multitude of state-of-the-art 3D modeling methods offers a free choice between many working techniques such as free polygonal modeling, subdivision surfaces, constructions and handling of surfaces and volumes. As an open and approachable tool, Hexagon software is accessible for both beginners as well as seasoned professionals. An evolutionary interface accompanies the user from first steps through more sophisticated numerical art creations.

Model Your Way
Integrated in a clear and enjoyable interface, Hexagon software’s professional and ergonomic tools allow artists to work quickly and effectively. Particularly well-equipped for organic modeling, Hexagon proposes a fast direct polygonal construction and surface subdivision tools, as well as all advanced 3D surface creation tools, like generalized extrusions, hulls, and envelopes. It also offers all extended 3D features including; thicknesses, filleting, cuttings and 3D Booleans. Hexagon furthermore embodies Dynamic Geometry™ technology (editable construction tree), numeric parameter settings of all actions at will, and a texture mapping module.

Hexagon, Member of the Carrara Family
Hexagon was conceived and developed to complement other 3D applications such as its dream partner Carrara™, Eovia’s complete 3D solution. Models created in Hexagon can be easily exported, including shading domains, for use in Carrara or the many other products supporting OBJ, 3DS or DXF. The models can then be rendered and animated for fabulous images and 3D animations.

Pricing and Availability
Hexagon is available today for both Macintosh OS X and Windows via the Eovia webstore as an electronic download (ESD) with an introductory price of $169 USD until May 31, 2005. Registered owners of Eovia Carrara and/or Amapi software are eligible for the special price of $99 USD until May 31, 2005. After this date, MSRP will be $249 and $169 USD, respectively. Boxed versions of Hexagon will be available June 1, 2005 via authorized Eovia resellers, retailers such as Fry’s Electronics and Apple stores, and via the Eovia webstore.

More information about Hexagon software can be found on the Eovia website at: www.eovia.com/products/hexagon/hexagon.asp

# # #

About Eovia Corporation
Eovia is dedicated to providing unique solutions for creative professionals as well as those just starting their journey into 3D. The company’s award-winning 3D modeling, animation, and rendering tools offer superior versatility, affordability and unmatched ease-of-use. Eovia’s Amapi and Carrara software families deliver improved productivity to design and manufacturing environments by providing exceptional interchange with industry-leading applications. Eovia was founded in November 2000, with offices in both the US and Europe.

Eovia Media Contacts
Worldwide (except Europe)
Karen Smyth
karen@eovia.com
+1 (650) 938-0515 x101 Europe
Stefan Blomberg
press_europe@eovia.fr
+33 (0) 5 56 13 71 53
Hexagon box shots are available for download at: http://www.eovia.com/images/presszone/Hexagon_packshots.zip
Hexagon screen shots and other images are available at:
http://www.eovia.com/images/presszone/Hexagon_visuals.zip

©2005 Eovia Corp. Carrara, TransPoser 2 and VectorStyle 2, Eovia and are registered trademarks or trademarks of Eovia Corp in the United States and/or other countries. All other mentioned trademarks are the sole property of their respective owners.

Rezonance
05-10-2005, 06:03 PM
Mmmm. I would like to answer the poll but it does not make sense.:shrug:

ThirdEye
05-10-2005, 06:11 PM
Mmmm. I would like to answer the poll but it does not make sense.:shrug:

yes. Err... i meant no. Maybe? :shrug:

rebo
05-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Sorry for my English.

Ego
05-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Oh my! Hope you don't represent Eovia :)

Sil3
05-10-2005, 06:17 PM
Can u add a "maybe" in the poll options?

TheLostVertex
05-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Check off your anwser

What are the economic principles behind supply and demand, and consumerism.

Yes No

runejw
05-10-2005, 07:24 PM
The product has some nice features and is definitely competing against Silo, although Silo seems to be on a quicker track for new updates/features.

A demo would be nice though... actually using an app quickly tells one if it is the "right" one.

However the pricing strategy where europeans pay 28% more (even before taxes) I'm not a great fan of:

US customers pay : 99 or 169 USD = 77 EUR / 131 EUR
European cust pay: 99 / 169 EUR = 127 or 217 USD (+tax)

I find that sales model quite annoying...

Cheers,
Rune

Xevious
05-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Its too early for the poll

Sil3
05-10-2005, 07:30 PM
However the pricing strategy where europeans pay 28% more (even before taxes) I'm not a great fan of:

US customers pay : 99 US Dollar = 77.096 Euro
European cust pay: 99 Euro (EUR) = 127.126 US Dollar (USD)

I find that sales model quite annoying...

Cheers,
Rune

Show them that annoyance by not buying their product until prices are equal for all places on the globe :)

Coliba
05-10-2005, 08:46 PM
Why don't they release a demo????

It looks like it has some more advanced features than Silo, most notably construction history. The curve tools also have some nice features for precise modeling.

Demo please.......................................

ngrava
05-11-2005, 03:35 AM
Yeah, I agree. There should really be a demo so we can see what's so great about it for ourselves.

-=GB=-

Pillboxx
05-11-2005, 05:52 AM
When will a demo be available?

1. Yes
2. No

Don Kayote
05-11-2005, 09:48 AM
Do you mind if I agree to disagree?

1. Yes
2. No

imashination
05-11-2005, 12:58 PM
How many programmers worked on hexagon?

a) Yes
b) Yes
c) No

imashination
05-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Does it support ngons or is it limited to 6 sided polys?

Thankyou thankyou, im here all week.

Geta-Ve
05-11-2005, 01:24 PM
imash - hahaha

nice i JUST got that :D

but ya, how many of these threads does there need to be?

1) yes
2) no

Don Kayote
05-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Are you ugly?

1. Yes
2. Yes

StephanD
05-11-2005, 01:31 PM
The product seems nice but is there a makefuss function? :)

Geta-Ve
05-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Are you ugly?

1. Yes
2. Yes

Thats a hard one... hmmm Im gonna have to go with... 42!

bakbek
05-11-2005, 05:24 PM
got this just now

"We will have a trial version available as a download by the end of May.
Regards -
----------
Bob Stockwell
Director, Sales and Marketing
Eovia Corp."

I hope, in time to enjoy the special price, and not after.

mosquito710
05-12-2005, 03:45 AM
What color?

Yes
No

Thalaxis
05-12-2005, 04:31 AM
What color?

Yes
No

Blue... no, Yellow!!!

DanSilverman
05-12-2005, 06:17 AM
Blue... no, Yellow!!!

I believe the quote is, "Blue ... No, Red!" ;)

Don Kayote
05-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Where is India?

Yes
No
Maybe

windtunnel
05-12-2005, 10:29 AM
I'm gonna have to vote yes for the hexagon. Though not as useful as the octagon, nor as well known as the Pentagon, it's still got a lot going for it. I mean, what would the bees (http://images.google.com/images?svnum=100&hl=en&lr=&q=honeycomb) do?

Thalaxis
05-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Also, without hexagons, we would not have Buckyballs :bounce:

TRick
05-12-2005, 03:16 PM
For the price of $323 (I'm European) there are way more better products past a 1.0 release...Especially since there is no way to try this one.

robodesign
05-12-2005, 03:21 PM
Where's their spelling book ?

a) Yes
b) No

ThomasMahler
05-12-2005, 03:58 PM
You guys crack me up... ;)

Oh well, could one of you guys maybe PM the poor guy who started this thread?

windtunnel
05-12-2005, 04:08 PM
would definitely be nice to hear some thoughts from anyone who's tried it...

rooktooky
05-12-2005, 05:20 PM
I just bought Hexagon a day ago and it is incredible. If you tried Modo, try this one and see what value means. The curve and line tools are super elegant and super easy. I have a Zbrush mesh that I use to test all new applications and it loaded it up faster than anything else I have on my computer. No crashes and a massive amount of tutorials. I'm going through the last couple today. The real reason I wanted this was for vehicle/mechanical type forms and with the massive amount of line/curve tools, this is what I've been waiting for. It has near Silo type mesh handling capability, meaning it can handle alot of polys. Forget the demo. Just buy it. You'll thank rookytooky later. Jamaica signing off.

RingoM
05-12-2005, 06:30 PM
My apologies for the poll setup. I was my very first time posting to this forum and didn't know how to set up a poll.
I don't represent Eovia. I am just a long time Eovia software user.

Regards

Ringo

Xevious
05-12-2005, 06:35 PM
You guys crack me up... ;)

Oh well, could one of you guys maybe PM the poor guy who started this thread?

I thought about that but everyone was having soo much fun.

Bob@Eovia
05-12-2005, 08:36 PM
We will have the Hexagon trial version available on the Eovia website by May 23.

Regards -
Bob Stockwell
Eovia.

azazel
05-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Bob, while you are here, i have to say i'm another one disappointed with european pricing of Hexagon. It just feels simply not fair.

harlan_hill
05-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Hey Azazel,

No disrespect intended, but I was always taught in school that Cracow, Poland was spelled Krakow. Which way is the proper way to spell it? I'm assuming "Cracow" since you live there.

thx

ciao

cyartist
05-12-2005, 10:54 PM
Bob I have no problem with the pricing. If it stays where it is I will buy a recommend to others. Great software.

brudney
05-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Hey Azazel,

No disrespect intended, but I was always taught in school that Cracow, Poland was spelled Krakow. Which way is the proper way to spell it? I'm assuming "Cracow" since you live there.

thx

ciao

it's spelled Kraków if you want to be perfectly correct :) (Cracow is just its English name)

as for the european pricing...well, every piece of software is way more expensive here in europe than in the usa. i don't get it either but that's just the way it is :/

Bob@Eovia
05-13-2005, 01:03 AM
The feedback is appreciated. I understand that product pricing is something that can seem unfair. That is not our intention. Our goal is to develop quality software that can contribute to the user's success, make it accessible, and be around to do the next version.

Regards -
Bob

Coliba
05-13-2005, 01:46 AM
Well the amount is the same both for USD and €: 169.

Blame the exchange rates I guess...... :)

Nichod
05-13-2005, 04:02 AM
I for one like Hexagon better then Silo. For some reason Hexagon is easier to pick up and use. Its lacking some tools Silo does, like the topology tools. But I seriously think I'll use the line tools more then I'd ever use the topology brush. I like how you can set domains up for texturing, and how you can go back through the dynamic geometry and adjust different points in your modeling process.

Brian

CGTalk Moderation
05-13-2005, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.