PDA

View Full Version : E3 for the rest of us.

Rkhon
05-10-2005, 03:21 PM
Not sure if this has been brought to everyone's attention (delete if so.) But here is a friendly reminder that E3 will be covered live on the G4 channel.

http://www.g4tv.com/e32005/stuff/sitesection_schedule.aspx

titaniumdave
05-10-2005, 04:06 PM
It would be nice to see if it wasn't on g4.

Bonedaddy
05-10-2005, 07:07 PM
I remember seeing those yahoos last time I went there. They kept pestering people who went by, trying to get them on camera. It was like someone had put an enclave of hobos in the middle of E3, and they kept wandering up and asking me for money. Annoyed the crap out of me.

pogonip
05-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Im sure www.gamespot.com (http://www.gamespot.com/) will have about the same kind of coverage only low res . Ha welcome to the mass market ...guess you got a very small taste of what movie stars feel like when reporters pester them endlessly everywhere they go :)

Neil
05-10-2005, 08:12 PM
ign almost always has something for their "registered' members. haha. Still not incentive enough to register with them.
Pretty much every gaming/warez/p2p program/site will have so much information I feel little need to actually go. And seeing pictures of booth babes also works just fine for me.

heavyness
05-10-2005, 08:40 PM
i suggested that we start 2 threads, one with all the news, and another to comment on E3. that way, the NEWS thread will just be tons of links and quotes of what is going down at E3, and the other can be about us chatting about new games/hardware.

trying to organize the mess a bit...

we can use this thread as a link to all the sites/portals that will have major E3 coverage.

ashen
05-10-2005, 09:13 PM
kole:

good idea about seperate posts. Personally I can't wait for E3...Next gen stuff...Zelda...that would do it for me.

MaDSheeP
05-11-2005, 03:00 AM
Quake 4.... Drool.....

Rkhon
05-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Don't be too hard on the media that promotes the growth of the industry.

While internet coverage is great, there is something appealing about chilling in front of a big TV with a few friends all watching and talking about the E3 coverage. Plus its easier, for all those grilling and drinking needs. Its like the Superbowl for CG junkies!

FloydBishop
05-12-2005, 04:45 PM
G4 is fast becoming MTV.

RIP Tech TV.

titaniumdave
05-12-2005, 05:23 PM
Don't be too hard on the media that promotes the growth of the industry.

While internet coverage is great, there is something appealing about chilling in front of a big TV with a few friends all watching and talking about the E3 coverage. Plus its easier, for all those grilling and drinking needs. Its like the Superbowl for CG junkies!

Sure it would be great to watch coverage on my much bigger tv than my monitor. Sadly the problem of their coverage is that it bores me into a coma. Maybe if they had some hosts with a personality it would be worth watching but in its current state I would rather read articles and look at stills.

Rkhon
05-12-2005, 05:28 PM
Yeah, point taken. While I do think some of their hosts are good. Can't recall their names. Nonetheless I'm still hoping to see some good coverage.

CGTalk Moderation
05-12-2005, 05:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.