PDA

View Full Version : Cheap editing software?

zapcat
05-10-2005, 11:09 AM
I've got a DV of my wedding from a few weeks ago and already my wife is hassling me to edit it. Problem is I only do still imagery and have no idea what software to use. I'm looking for something either free or v cheap. The DV was taken by a parents friend who has lost the software which came with it, so I can't use that.

Can anyone help me with this so I can get my wife off my back?? :rolleyes:

Zap

scrimski
05-22-2005, 03:18 PM
Try Moviemaker or Virtual Dub.

AVID does offer a freeware version for DV-editing limited to two videoand audio tracks. All you need is a DV-cam and a firewire card.

zapcat
05-24-2005, 02:38 PM
Thanks! Going to try the Avid software. Hopefully the wife will chill out now!!

Zap

Tex3D
05-24-2005, 03:54 PM
If you dont mind spending a couple of bucks, There is Studio 9 by Pinnacle. It has a pretty robust feature set and has really good export options.

I dont know if Premiere Elements is the same price or not, but it definitely has TONS of features. Its really really robust and FUN to use.

If I recall they were both @ $100 bucks. It may seem like a lot, but they have HUGE feature sets and are easy as pie to use.

IMHO of course..

Good Luck
Dave

CGTalk Moderation
05-24-2005, 03:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.