PDA

View Full Version : Just purchase Vue Infinite

juanjgon
05-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Hello to everybody here ...

I could not resist :) ... i just add Vue Infinite to my toolbox, i hope it could solve the way of how i can visualize large natural scenes in architecture and fiction scenes. I have a lot of problems with other software, like LW or XSI to visualize large scenes, even with volumetric plugin for LW, or instances in XSI ... so here you have a new familiy member of VUE :thumbsup:

DorisDay
05-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Welcome...:thumbsup:

Mike.H
05-10-2005, 05:52 PM
welcome onboard :)

and im pretty sure that youŽll find vue to be a realy handy tool when it comes to your requirements

juanjgon
05-10-2005, 06:05 PM
It is shipped now, so i hope i a few days i could get it in my hands :) ... i want to model in Modo/Lightwave and then texture and render in Vue ... do you know how well load LW objects, with materials and textures? ... in some place i read about to syncronize objects created with external applications ... work this with LW objects? ... for example, i load a object in VUE, texture it, and later if i made some changes in original objetc, can i reload this object without need to re-texture it? ...

I have a lot of questions :) ... better wait to have it and begin to work ...

Mike.H
05-11-2005, 01:19 PM
im not a lw user myself but we have quite a few of them here so im sure someone will pop in, but as far as i can tell and have heard v5I and lw work realy well together.

richcz3
05-12-2005, 04:42 PM
Welcome Juan
I'm a Lwaver here. I've been experimenting with Infinite now for just over a month and the program is very impressive so far. Here is a sample "LW Greebled" loaded in Vue 5 Infinite.
Simply put, there is no way I can see LW or most any other program handeling the amount of polys that Infinite handles effortlessly.

What's a greeble?...>See this ongoing thread< (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=229006&page=5)

http://www.digitalworks.8m.com/Forumpix/Greeble_Outpost_01Da.jpg

juanjgon
05-12-2005, 04:52 PM
I just get the box now :bounce: ... i hope i could post some images in near future ...

juanjgon
05-12-2005, 05:49 PM
I have Vue Infinite installed and updated to last version ... first thing i made is install two or tree rendercow nodes and test network rendering ... nodes update automatic, but crashes at final of precess, no problem ... you only must restart it and all works fine :) ... network rendering of still frames works like a dream ... as LW user i must say that this node rendering is a lot better than LW ones ... i only miss that you can see tiles rendered like you can see in XSI ...

ArtGuyJoe
05-12-2005, 06:21 PM
Rich, I hate to hijack this thread, but I have to ask the question: How did you get the grass plant to cover so much of your terrain? Everytime I try, I get it spotted here and there, and that is with the setting at 98%.

richcz3
05-12-2005, 07:29 PM
ArtGuyJoe I make sure to scale down the grass to fit into the size of land I am using. Another key detail is to click off Decay Near Foreign Objects in the Density panel. Other than that I have basic settings and no filters are being used. I just threw it all together to get the scene setup and rendered. I hope that helps.

ArtGuyJoe
05-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Yes, that does help. Thank you very much for pointing me towards scaling. Forgot about that :eek:

juanjgon
05-13-2005, 12:54 PM
I am now testing compatibility with Lightwave objects, and i must say that first impression is really good ... you can import a model, assing all material and texture options and then if you modify original mesh in LW or Modo and save the model, Vue detect it and replace old mesh with new one without override internal Vue materials ... it is a really powerfull feature to use Vue as renderer of external modelers ... :applause:

Wabe
05-13-2005, 01:41 PM
... you can import a model, assing all material and texture options and then if you modify original mesh in LW or Modo and save the model, Vue detect it and replace old mesh with new one without override internal Vue materials ... it is a really powerfull feature to use Vue as renderer of external modelers ...

BUT - be aware that this means that you have to keep the original LW object. Because the vue-file is connected to that. It is the same with Poser files. And i have killed some of my old Vue projects because i cleared out the Poser files and then Vue can't open the scene files anymore.

What i do now is to ungroup the imported mesh when it is final. Then the connection breaks (of course) and the file becomes "Vue only". Or save the imported mesh as vob and use that later-on.

Mike.H
05-13-2005, 04:13 PM
excellent point wabe, an option is of course to save the final scene in 2 versions, one with the linked object intact if you ever need to redo the object, and one with the ungrouped object in case you mistakenly delete/remove the original "lw" object.

(yes yes i know overkill perhaps but thats how i do it with all our projects, nothing worse then having a client get back for a change and your one and only fileŽs missing/altered whatever)

Wabe
05-13-2005, 04:24 PM
Yeah, you must have a lot of space to do that. Jealousy!

One other reason i forgot is that with destroyed connections to imported files it is much easier to transfer the scene to other machines for rendering. I do that a lot - scene setting on my Mac, rendering on a Windows box in the office somewhere.

mdunakin
05-14-2005, 09:41 AM
Rich Cabrera, well, I found this group like you suggested.
Glad to be here too.
And I love your scene there too.

And I can't wait to add this to my graphics toolbox.
Probably in June. Hopefully sooner.

Anyway, looks like I'll be here as a regular, especially after I get Vue 5 Infinite.

About to get paid for an animation, and if there's any money left, I'll be able to get it.
You know, bills first.

.......................................md :)

juanjgon
05-16-2005, 02:11 PM
I continue with rendering test in Vue Infinite, and i must say that i am beginig to love this piece of software :) ... it has his issues, but overall i think that to visualize large exterior scenes, in architecture visualization for example, with a lot of vegetation and details, it is by far the most powerfull soft i have found ... it has some bugs, and it is dificult to fine tune radiosity settings to get acceptable render times, but Vue is now a real solution to visualizacion market ... i think ...

Mike.H
05-16-2005, 11:23 PM
yep i agree completely with you juanjgon, and the bugs will get ironed out hopefully, im realy looking forward to vue6I thats for sure :)

CGTalk Moderation
05-16-2005, 11:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.