PDA

View Full Version : Ballistic books on DVDs

jampoz
05-10-2005, 05:42 AM
Just throwing it in the mess, want to know what you guys think

Would it be useful for Ballistic to sell CDs(or)DVDs with huge size versions of those pictures already published onto their books?
I was thinking about an Expose 3 DVD, with print size (or close to it) pictures, they would sell to those who don't like the paper medium ('cause it ruins with time and 'cause they can't see details and so on)

Costs aren't that high I think, you can produce and sell a DVD at low costs so those who can't afford the book can go this other way, or just include the DVD with the book just to give it more value in a cheap way

Personally, I'm the kind of guy that used to scan all his pictures before digital cameras were available 'cause it's handy to look at stuff using the pc than to turn pages but hey the book as its own style, we all agree about it I think

So what do you guys think?
Would it help Ballistic offering a better service and would it help them reach this portion of guys that aren't buying the books?

PS: My only fear about this idea is piracy

sphere
05-11-2005, 01:27 AM
Maybe they can charge that little bit extra to get a DVD with the book...

Also check out my thread here (http://cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=236901).

jampoz
05-11-2005, 02:36 AM
Whoa that's really good! Lemme post a comment in there, thank you for bringing this link up, I believe both ideas could help Ballistic alot and equally important could help CG artists reaching more people with their works

Ballistic definitely need to join the DVDs market

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2005, 02:36 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.