PDA

View Full Version : Free HDRI maps form EVERMOTION !

3d visionary
05-09-2005, 08:24 PM
EVERMOTION gives you an unique chance to download free collection of hdri maps, which you can burn on CD. It is non tested hdri maps done by Evermotion team. Taste and write what do you think about it on forum. Hurry up - put your friends on!

CLICK HERE (http://www.evermotion.org/index.php?unfold_exclusive=84&unfold=exclusive)

vfx
05-10-2005, 08:03 AM
Thanks 3d visionary.

Some nice sky hdris in there - will definitely be archiving those.

Cheers for the link

MasterZap
05-10-2005, 11:26 AM
I don't get it.

To me, the whole point with a HDRI is to be able to capture the lighting of a location to match background plates in look and lighting.

How on earth is a bunch of generic HDRI's taken willy-nilly useful?

Maybe I'm thinking about it all wrong but.... ;)

/Z

mummey
05-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Any chance these can be summed up into a bittorrent?

samartin
05-10-2005, 11:45 AM
Very generous offer, thanks...

rebo
05-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks very much.

arvid
05-10-2005, 12:20 PM
I don't get it.

To me, the whole point with a HDRI is to be able to capture the lighting of a location to match background plates in look and lighting.

How on earth is a bunch of generic HDRI's taken willy-nilly useful?

Maybe I'm thinking about it all wrong but.... ;)

/Z

That's if you're trying to match lighting conditions on location, but this sort of generic HDR maps are excellent for full 3D-shots, and more. Mostly used for reflection.

MasterZap
05-10-2005, 12:39 PM
That's if you're trying to match lighting conditions on location, but this sort of generic HDR maps are excellent for full 3D-shots, and more. Mostly used for reflection.

Oh, sure, I know. Especially a "generic blue sky" or "nifty sunset" HDRI can be useful.. but... I see people kinda missing the whole point of HDRI use by simply slapping something random stuff into their HDRI slot thinking it looks "cool".

/Z

percydaman
05-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Oh, sure, I know. Especially a "generic blue sky" or "nifty sunset" HDRI can be useful.. but... I see people kinda missing the whole point of HDRI use by simply slapping something random stuff into their HDRI slot thinking it looks "cool".

/Z

whos to say it doesn't look cool? I think your missing the point here.

og_reborn
05-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Thanks so much, 3d Visionary, these are wonderful! :beer:

CGTalk Moderation
05-10-2005, 04:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.