PDA

View Full Version : MODS ! Please save the usefull threads !

Kaja
05-09-2005, 08:12 PM
MODS ! Please save the usefull threads ! - what I mean by that....
Is not just to save them - aka don't let them be deleted (which users can't do anyway) but save the images and attachments in the threads.
There are a lot of usefull threads, like topology research, modeling, shader specific threads etc. Great 5 star rated threads, with hundreds of replyes, lots of comments from pro guys and just tonns of very, very usefull information. HOWEVER, after a while the pics dessapear. I would assume that the main reason that that happends is because the members have to take some of them off to give themselfs room for more attachment/pic posts. Once the pics are gome the thread becoms practically useless, because the whole thing is based around the pics. Like i.e. topology refs, etc. What I suggest, is that highly rated and obviously usefull, threads with big turn out, and tonns of information will be backed up by the mods and image files stored in a separate folder - (mods folder) where they will survive, and the user who posted them will get the space credited back to them, and the pics in the thread will never get deleted. Eventually, if CGTalk will get a Tutorial forum running, those usefull threads will be linked to the tut forum.

RobertoOrtiz
05-09-2005, 08:14 PM
Ok give us some samples and post the link to those threads here.

-R

Kaja
05-09-2005, 08:47 PM
Hi RobertoOrtiz, and thanks for a such a quick reply. I was planing to post the links, so you guys would have some obvious examples of threads like that, but your timing was better then mine:) I will look through my subscriptions and also poke around the forums some more to find threads like that. Gotta head out now, but hopefully I'll be able to give you a good list later tonight. For now, if anyone who's readingt this thead agres with my suggestion and has a good example of such threads, please pitch in with your link :) Thanks !

Kaja
05-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Hi Roberto, here's a couple of links. (Sorry, I don't have more right now - had to reinstall my PC and forgot to backup my favorites, so I'll have to click around for a while before I find some more)
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=108412&page=1&pp=15 Body Topology

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=38469&page=1&pp=15 Topology Research

CGTalk Moderation
05-12-2005, 05:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.