PDA

View Full Version : New SW ROTS TV Trailer:

Ezekiel19
05-09-2005, 07:30 PM
The OS link was discovered last night...

Here (http://pdl.stream.aol.com/aol/us/moviefone/movies/2004/lucasfilm/hyperspace/epiii_tragedy2_480_dl.mov)

Thelvin
05-09-2005, 07:48 PM
I have been dissapointed by the newest ST movies. I have lost hope on feeling the same way I did when watching the original trilogy.
Watching this trailer brought some of those feelings back though! i really liked the tone it had, the hopelesnes, the melo-sad music. Yoda looks GOOD too. He was lacking a lot before but they seem to have a grip on his look now.

Maybe this will be a better movie, just maybe. In any case, the original movies are so big in everyone's hearts and minds, that it will compensate for anything bad from this movie.

lets all just...hope...

t-toe
05-09-2005, 09:03 PM
man, I hope this movie is good. I think it could be... but lines like, "You are breaking my heart!" really destroy an otherwise great trailer like this.

pthomas72
05-09-2005, 09:45 PM
and Lines like "Laugh it fuzzball" are better?

Its just a movie..

pogonip
05-09-2005, 09:53 PM
" Laugh it up fuzzball " is deliverd better by a better actor . The problem is that the unconvincing drama and unconvincing love relationship between padme and anakin make her line " your breaking my heart " seem completly corn ball because it's like watching it being deliverd by some doing dinner theatre in some corny play . I like her in other movies but she'll never be a Princess Leigha. Other then that one line though so far it seems like a really awesome movie and I cant wait for it !!

titaniumdave
05-09-2005, 10:09 PM
but she'll never be a Princess Leigha.

Or Princess Leia either.

pogonip
05-10-2005, 01:13 AM
Hey man your really cool...maybe someday i'll correct someones spelling on the internet and be just as cool as you ...wow :rolleyes:

titaniumdave
05-10-2005, 03:34 AM
Well then...
http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/537CpJ1f/401135.jpg

Capel
05-10-2005, 04:40 AM
Well then...
http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/537CpJ1f/401135.jpg

that's freakin' hilarious.

visionmaster2
05-10-2005, 05:09 AM
what is this strange subliminal shot betwin the 47 and 48 seconde ??? just before the wookie shot:eek:

t-toe
05-10-2005, 05:25 AM
well, if you're asking what is in the strange subliminal message, it's a shot of Padme looking concerned. but I have no idea WHY it's in there... anyone else have any ideas?

Dragon_Lee
05-10-2005, 05:32 AM
rrrmm, new music I sense? Indeed...it is fitting....

Wiro
05-10-2005, 07:11 AM
9 days to go until we find out and the crap REALLY hits the fan :)

Wiro

Solothores
05-10-2005, 07:37 AM
nice melancholy soundtrack ^^

lovisx
05-10-2005, 03:07 PM
there's a fine line between corny and real emotion.

I'm thinking of the Lord of the Rings, where Frodo wakes up in his bed and everyone is there and they all start jumping on the bed. I won't go into detail.

That scene seems corney has hell, but how else do you do it? I think in the movie it works.

So the person you love is becoming a real jerk, and you have bunched up feelings and you loose your ability to express yourself, but you have to say something because everything is falling apart. Your not going to say something poetic and insightful, you're going to break down and say the first thing that comes to your head.

anyway, I guess my point is, even though it seems corney, perhaps in context and in the scene it will work. Hopefully.

dudeguy
05-11-2005, 07:07 AM
well, if you're asking what is in the strange subliminal message, it's a shot of Padme looking concerned. but I have no idea WHY it's in there... anyone else have any ideas? It was put in there so you would go out and buy Britney Spears and Eminem CDs.

lestdog
05-11-2005, 05:38 PM
man, I hope this movie is good. I think it could be... but lines like, "You are breaking my heart!" really destroy an otherwise great trailer like this.

If that's what she feels he's doing to her then how else do you say it? Do you want her to say "anikin, you're tearing us apart", "Don't leave me, I can't live without you" It can all come of corny right? I like the simplicity of " you're breaking my heart"

That being said, you can never go to a star wars film.. old or new and hope for steller acting.. think about it harrison ford was a god-send for the old movies... other wise you would have had the same issues you do with these new films...

WingedOne
05-11-2005, 05:57 PM
think about it harrison ford was a god-send for the old movies... other wise you would have had the same issues you do with these new films...

What about Sir Alec Guiness? I mean, who else could pull off a line like "Nowhere else will you find such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." :eek:

eirenicon
05-11-2005, 06:08 PM
" Laugh it up fuzzball " is deliverd better by a better actor . The problem is that the unconvincing drama and unconvincing love relationship between padme and anakin make her line " your breaking my heart " seem completly corn ball because it's like watching it being deliverd by some doing dinner theatre in some corny play.

If you were signed to do a movie and they gave you a line like that, would you put everything into it? Portman is one of the best actors in the biz today (as anyone who saw Léon or Closer can attest) and it's a shame she's being wasted in SW with that kind of driveling dialogue. At least "laugh it up fuzzball" was kinda funny, especially to a kid. "You're breaking my heart" is just angsty tripe.

I can't wait for the DVD so I can skip all the scenes that involve Anakin. I did that with Eps 1 and 2 and the movie was actually worth watching (although I also skipped everything with Jar Jar).

lestdog
05-11-2005, 07:09 PM
What about Sir Alec Guiness? I mean, who else could pull off a line like "Nowhere else will you find such a wretched hive of scum and villainy." :eek:
agreed... =)

Unraveled
05-11-2005, 07:44 PM
How convincing would you be if you had to deliver lines across form Hayden Christensen? His acting is so wooden the only role he could pull off convincingly is Pinocchio. At least he'll be covered in plastic by the time ep. III is done.
I just hope Lucas doesn't miss this opportunity to feed Jar Jar a lightsaber sandwich.
That being said, I'm really looking forward to the movie. Its just so hard to not be cynical anymore...

CGTalk Moderation
05-11-2005, 07:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.