PDA

View Full Version : unbind CTRL, only CTRL

pukvete
05-09-2005, 07:05 PM
Where do I unbind CTRL?

cant find it in customize keys or am I blind

when I ctrl-z to undo and then start to draw I keep moving my layer!

because ctrl is keyed to layer adjuster and it gets enabled for a sec right after I hit undo and it lags behind a bit so when I start drawing I drag stuff around which would be fun if you like annoyances. help?

Jinbrown
05-09-2005, 07:21 PM
Hi,

I'll assume you're using Painter IX. If not, you'll need to tell us which version you are using (always to that, as it saves everyone a lot of time).

Not too surprisingly, since the Undo command is in the Edit menu, when you open Edit > Preferences > Customize Keys dialog box, it's listed under Application Menus > Edit.

Ctrl+Y is the default keyboard shortcut for Edit > Redo so you might want to change that too, if you use it at all.

Be aware, though, the Ctrl key is used in combination with other keys for quite a few other default keyboard shortcuts.

The best thing to do is to learn to wait a second before continuing to avoid moving your Layer.

pukvete
05-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Hi, yeah I'm using Painter IX!

I know undo and redo are in cust. keys but can't see ctrl alone, or spacebar for that matter.

So I suppose they are not editable.. bummer

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2005, 08:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.