PDA

View Full Version : Tear off tags? Help speed up workflow in Rendertree

Bucket
05-09-2005, 05:54 PM
In Rendertree I am creating a lot of nodes to get a specific look but I hate having to click the node tab over and over to create particular nodes. I know this sounds like a small gripe but when I gotta do it 34 times to get the right assortment of nodes it becomes a bit of a an anoyance.

Are there tear off tags or anything that could speed up the process?

Maybe I could setup shortcuts for each and every node. Even if I can setup shortcuts, that is a of shortcuts to setup and remember.

And yes I already did a search on tear off tags in the xsi forum, nothing found.

Suggestions?

softmonkey
05-09-2005, 06:39 PM
I recommend that you use the shader shelf found under Application>Toolbars>Shaders. These are drag and drop.

Or you can Ctrl+C a selected node to copy and Ctrl+V to paste it. It will copy the node and its inputs (i.e. the shader branch)

yog
05-09-2005, 08:23 PM
One thing you can do is create presets and put them on a toolbar, then just drag onto any object.
Here's a custom layout I made for myself when texturing
http://www.meshmonkey.eclipse.co.uk/temp/XSI_VP.jpg
The middle section is a toolbar that can either hold my default set of materials or can be swapped out for one particular to a project I'm working on.
If you make your default materials with as many nodes as you think you'll need, it then becomes easier to unplug unwanted nodes than add new ones.

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2005, 08:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.