PDA

View Full Version : the mail I have sent today to Newtek

AYHAN
02-15-2002, 04:28 PM
As a happy LightWave user I belive that there are some new tools in Light wave.
I want to see these tools in Lightwave if it is possible. All off them just my ideas and suggestions.

1.Weight map morph : I want to make deformation to the weight map areas tool

2.I want to use null objects in modeler, I want to send null objects which are used with the main object to the lightwave layout
and I want to clone these null objects when I clone main object

3.I want to make animations with weight maps (character or an object) without bones. I want to make it with null objects whics is added to the weight map.
We need a new tool, which consist of IK setup tools like move, scale,rotate tools but it must work like Pivot Point Tool. I want to make this actions in modeler.

4.All actions must be in modeler( texture,IK, etc.) I want to see IK deformation in modeler.
Animation must be only in layouts and there is need to new animation tools like dinamics.

5.IK and weight map are so slow. it must be faster at least 60 %.

I hope these stuff will be added to lightwave :)

CIM
02-15-2002, 04:57 PM
Actually, the IK/FK system in Lightwave is pretty damn fast. Don't know what your problem is: maybe a poor system?

Mike RB
02-15-2002, 07:44 PM
you can convert a layer of skelegons to nulls in layout. Theres your modeler nulls.

Chewey
02-15-2002, 08:00 PM
For #3 use SockMonkey. It's mentioned in the pdf manual and appears to match your feature request pretty closely.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.