PDA

View Full Version : Transparent objects in viewport?

NoshDir85
05-09-2005, 01:54 AM
I am building a car in 3ds max, and I'm pretty familar with 3d in general, but I'm still getting the hang of 3DS Max. When the blueprints are visible underneath, the shape's solid form covers it up, and I cant see the blueprint underneath to determine where to cut things. Can I make a wireframe view, but have the blueprints still visible underneath? They are mapped onto planes right now. Thanx in advance guys!

Readme2
05-09-2005, 12:07 PM
just select the entire car and press alt+x. it will make it half invisible so you can see the blueprints and the car. if it doesn't work just select the car, right click and select from the menu properties. check the box 'see through' and apply the changes.

NoshDir85
05-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Thanx much! I appreciate it!

tauis
05-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Select the object, right click on it and select properties. Under Display Properties, check See-Through. If you want it back, just un-check it.

Or if you prefer to speed up the process, use Alt+X.

Matheus-Design-Forever
05-25-2005, 12:41 PM
You can also select your objects and add any standard materials and reduce the opacity of this one for 50% or less, later you can go in the viewport menu and change the tranparency to "best" this option allow you change the color of your models during modeling, and select the value for the transparency, you can also use the edged faces for a "near wireframe" modeling, if the bluprints are still bugging you, apply them to the viewport background on 'views' >> 'viewport background' but you will need to use the virtual viewport controls to zoon or pan your scene
([ "/" - turn on/off virtual viewport] ["+/-" zoom in/out] ["2,4,6,8" - pan])
Other tip "on blue print modeling", get the planes that are with car images and invert their normals, doing this you will not click accidentally on the planes while you are modeling, later you turn on the two-sided option on the blueprint material this will allow you see by the object from behind the normals.

I hope to be helpful, keep studying
sorry my bad english

CGTalk Moderation
05-25-2005, 12:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.