PDA

View Full Version : homework : wich one do you prefer ?

Najd
10-08-2002, 09:37 PM
http://snaj.free.fr/temp/aff.jpg
Well, I have to do a présentation of an exposition I do (all that is hypotetic, just the subject of a homework) and these are the "affiches" (how do you say that in english ?) I did for now.
Wich one do you prefer, I'm a 2d/3d/web artist student...
And by the way, if anyone has an idea about how doing an "affiche", just tell it, or if you know any good graphic designers I could see his work (just to see waht cand be done).

dmcgrath
10-08-2002, 11:56 PM
Of course the last one. It looks like you spent the most time on it, and graphically speaking, it is the best.

As for the first image, I dont think you should make a presentation poster with a teapot you rendered out of Max, it is not very dynamic or interesting to look at.

And the second image, the colors are very muted and too much the same. There is no feeling there.

The third image has bold colors, good typeface, and some chaos thrown in with the scribbled lines.

affiche=poster (english)

tres bien :thumbsup:

That is all the French I know right now (hahah):bounce:

Sleepless
10-09-2002, 03:10 AM
what he said..#3 hands down

jeroentje
10-09-2002, 09:23 AM
I don't speak french...
Could you tell what the exposition is about?

DocBoom
10-09-2002, 11:07 AM
I have to admit i like the first one more than the other two. I like the cool, puristic style of it. The other two are too chaotic imho. I don´t know where to look at, its just to busy. Maybe try making 2 more posters: one with only the black and white typo and one with only the girl as eye-catcher. Now you have two elements that scream for attention (typo AND girl). Thats too much imho.

Najd
10-09-2002, 12:26 PM
Hey, thanks for the comments.

It's a poster for a virtual exposition (actualy, there's no exposition, is just a work I've got to do) of my work.

We had to do a poster but with a concept, the elements must be explained. I like the third one cause it's more personal and full of live, but nothing really conceptual.

I'll explain the firt one, The name is writen that way and with a Square around the "J" 'cause everybody says Nadj when they read my name (don't know why :shrug: ).
Then the teapot... I've put that to show that I'm a 2d/3d Cg artist (well that sounds weird talking about me :p "artist" :p ). People who know something about Cg will recognize the sign, a teapot (with a clean render, to make it look better, not just a teapot with a light ). Then people who know nothing about that will only see a teapot, nothing more. That's for aiming the public.

The third one is more... personal, but no explication for this one, that's the problem... and the two ones are so opposite that people will always prefer a different one... :shrug:

What can I do ?? arg :surprised

here's a new version of the first one :
http://snaj.free.fr/temp/aff2.jpg

jeroentje
10-09-2002, 12:46 PM
I like the last one best (nr4), it has a nice 2D/3D mix, so tells most about you. It also has the most class.

Maybe lower the skyline a bit and take another look at the heading.
It says "NSAALJADS" now because of the gaps between the letters.

Cheers, jeroentje

LucentDreams
10-11-2002, 07:41 AM
2 and 3 are not good designs simply cause they are difficult to read, and for a poster thats bad new since you are promoting something you need to make sure people know what it is. The problem with 1 and 4 is the same issue, I like the look, I would go with it, but the problem is the model useed, now your teacher might not know about it and such, but I look at both of them and know instantly your a max user. sure that teapot is available elsewhere but you wouldn't bother downloading it for theis, and the knot is another Max primitive as well. I say go with the design but make something, doesn't have to be impressive because your shader and lighting seem to make any simple thing look good, great renders you have there, just make something even if its jsut some modified version ofone of these or something. just make it so there is a personal touch to the objects you use. The alignment of the test needs work a Jeroentje mentioned too. looking good so far right now I would go with number 4 if you had no time left. but at least fix the text if nothing more, things don't have to be centered, llok at the text shapes you have going vertical, they are random lengths, think of this when doing the main title, looking right now right aligned text would be really effective

jeroentje
10-11-2002, 07:51 AM
Yes, put najd to left and salaz to the right with lesser gaps. Problem solved and a nice flow with the composition. And lower skyline.

LucentDreams
10-11-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by jeroentje
Yes, put najd to left and salaz to the right with lesser gaps. Problem solved and a nice flow with the composition. And lower skyline.

Hmm Nice tinking agreed, and willhelp witht he bad intersetion I just noticed with the lue square and the top of the "A" as well

Najd
10-11-2002, 06:29 PM
Hey thanks for all your comments, it really helped me, here's the final version :
http://snaj.free.fr/temp/finale.jpg

I modified the text, and I like it better this way, I lowered the skyline too.
The poster was for today, so I didn't change the text.
The lower text is bigger now, 'cause printed on a A3 it wasn't relly readable.

So, thanks Kaiskai and jeroentje and the others, that's a Cool forum :buttrock:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.