PDA

View Full Version : still: Where is god?

quinox
10-08-2002, 09:59 PM
http://httpd.chello.nl/c.luiten/temp/murde.jpg

Name: Unknown
Sex: Male
Cause of death: 3 bullets in torso
Objects: 1 9mm gun, 3 keys, 1 watch, 5 shells
Injuries: 3 bulletwounds
Killer: Unknown
Motive: Unknown

Where is god?

-*-

Mm, this happenes when you watch too much anime :) Rendered in 3DMax4 btw. Its finished, but i think its too simple to post it as a finished work-threat
high res: http://httpd.chello.nl/c.luiten/temp/murder.jpg

jeroentje
10-08-2002, 10:03 PM
It's done with 3D software, so I moved it out of 2D artwork.

Najd
10-08-2002, 10:47 PM
Well, not bad idea (a little classic)
but I think it would look better if it was done in illustrator...

anim8r2
10-09-2002, 09:07 PM
Where is God?

Same place He's always been.
Weird how hardly anyone listens to Him or observes His law (me included) and yet we wonder why stuff like murder happens...:rolleyes:

If I remember my Sunday school days correctly, the no-murder rule is covered by the sixth commandment.

I like the comp though. It really stands out in our caotic present-day mentality. I like the Flash-like imagery and wouldn't change a thing. I just disagree with the title. But hey, it's your image and I respect that.

DJ Bindhi
10-10-2002, 01:34 AM
anim8r2-That was a great crit. You totally avoided a theological discussion and kept your post about the work. I really appreciate that.

As for the work, it's a neat concept, kinda evocative of the chalk drawing reduction of a violent crime victim. My suggestion would be to work on the bullet holes (make them more representative, more suggestion of violent impact, to the extent possible in this restrained style) as they look like jellybeans on his chest (just imho).

Hysteria
10-10-2002, 03:40 AM
In reply to your topic:

Sorry I was out biking. Shoulda called my cell!

Geta-Ve
10-10-2002, 04:21 AM
also the blood shouldnt have a shadow..

.oO-cloak-Oo.
10-10-2002, 04:52 AM
Sorry I was out biking. Shoulda called my cell!
LOL!

I agree with the crits you have recieved so far. What about putting something in his other hand? Just something that might give the picture more meaning/depth.

Where is god?

Its all good....he didnt capitalize God, so it could be anything. LOL:D

robot9000
10-10-2002, 09:08 AM
peace to the little dead guy.
more blood.
robot9000
:buttrock:

quinox
10-10-2002, 11:00 PM
but I think it would look better if it was done in illustrator...
i dont own illustrator (yet)

I just disagree with the title. But hey, it's your image and I respect that.
well im not very original with titles anyway ^_^ if you know a better one, please let me know

My suggestion would be to work on the bullet holes (make them more representative, more suggestion of violent impact, to the extent possible in this restrained style) as they look like jellybeans on his chest (just imho).
true, true. but this pic is a finished one so im not gonna alter it :)

also the blood shouldnt have a shadow..
true, true (same as above)

more blood.
you think?

Thanks for all your comments, i really appreciate it

robot9000
10-11-2002, 01:40 AM
more blood SPLATTERED!
more blood SPLATTERED!
robot9000
:airguitar

slaughters
10-11-2002, 03:02 PM
Here's a thought if you ever want to re-work the concept.

Keep the body, gun and background in the stylized form they are now, but render the bullet holes and pool of blood underneath as hyper-photorealistic. This would draw attention to the violence of the death and trivialize the concerns of the body, which is no longer anything but an empty shell left behind.

The title could then be "The Shell", or something simular.

CHRiTTeR
10-11-2002, 08:45 PM
wow, that would be very cool looking slaughters. Nice idea! Hope he does this, even if it seems he doesn't change his finished works.
Actually I respect that very much! If u think your work is finished, it is finished and you shouldn't change it because somebody else thinks it would be better 'that' way orso. Otherwise it wouldn't be your picture anymore, right? :D

aurora
10-11-2002, 09:12 PM
As an abstract piece I like it. As a 3D piece I'm totally puzzled by the shadows, most noteably a shadow for the blood, the shadow cast from his head and right hand. However I would not change it and risk losing the abstract look.

Najd
10-11-2002, 10:12 PM
Try what slaughters said :shrug:

dabone
10-12-2002, 04:12 AM
nice job

anim8r2
10-12-2002, 06:11 AM
Thanks DJ.

quinox,

How about:

-- The next hijacker

-- 3 holes in one

-- This isn't my cigarette lighter

-- Yellow body-stocking, matching mask, and a gun = bad idea

-- The end

-- "Gimme your wallet! Hey? what the? OW OW OW!!"

Or simply...

-- :(

Just kidding.

You can name it whatever you want. I was just expressing my opinion on (what I find) a very tired ideal.

piajartist
10-13-2002, 08:08 AM
never has, never is, never will.

Frank Dodd
10-13-2002, 08:34 AM
Nice idea for that particular subject. Although I think I would have prefered a chalk outline rather than an abstract human figure.

Personally I think the topic if great, it is appropriate for the image plus it is striking which can been seen from the 1400 views to this point. As always presentation is just as important as content :wip:

Future_Retro
10-14-2002, 02:57 PM
:annoyed:
Im sorry but i think this piece is truly awful.

Chewey
10-14-2002, 03:40 PM
I've seen something quite similar to this in a movie advert before. I think it might have been "Anatomy of a Murder."

quinox
10-14-2002, 06:28 PM
Future_Retro, can you say me whats so awful about it? I really want to know.

Chewey, i've looked it up and i think you mean this picture (first hit on google image search ^_^). It is't that similar imho:

http://207.136.67.23/film/post/Anatomy%20of%20a%20Murder%201959.jpg

AJ
10-14-2002, 11:11 PM
OMG! You killed the Esure Guy! (http://www.esure.com)

There are some adverts for this company running in the UK and they are also 3D Cell shaded stuff - so reminded me of him!

Sorry - first thing I thought! :D

Joscci
10-18-2002, 01:38 AM
Quinox, I think the images is pretty cool and that, combined with the title does make a statement. If you choose to change the title though, do it for your own reasons, don't do it because of pressure brought about by individuals that are a little on the sensitive side, which is indeed understandable. However, I'm almost certain that your art and 'yourself' wanted to make a statement, and I think you've succeeded in that with this piece. Even though we know where the G-man is "supposed" to be, we also have a right to ask questions, and make a statement if we (or you) choose to do so.

Cool image -- just my $0.02.

:)

anim8r2
10-18-2002, 02:18 AM
Just to be clear. I'm not sensitive. Just not naive. If you want heaven on earth. It's really, really simple. All we have to do is stop sinning. But, where does that leave free will?

slaughters
10-18-2002, 03:27 AM
"but where does that leave free will"

Not critiquing a 3D image ? :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.