PDA

View Full Version : Turning the canvas in Photoshop ???

I-NetGraFX
05-08-2005, 04:07 PM
Hi there!

Is there a possibility to turn the canvas freely like in Painter by pressing a shortcut?
So far I haven't found any function in Photoshop CS or CS2, which does that equally like in Painter.

I really really miss that canvas rotation feature ...

... and I'm not talking about transforming layers!
It's a function just like zooming and panning the canvas.

I hope somebody could help me out?
Thanks in advance

Daniel

Skjoldbroder
05-08-2005, 04:32 PM
No, can't do it. I've requested it from Adobe - maybe if sufficient numbers of people do it, they'll implement the feature.

You can request features on Adobe's web page.

XepptizZ
05-08-2005, 11:17 PM
But you can fill out the degrees of rotation in the arbittrairy thing.

halo
05-09-2005, 12:03 AM
if you want to resample and interpolate your whole image every time you do it and wait then fine... :hmm:

I-NetGraFX
05-09-2005, 07:45 AM
But you can fill out the degrees of rotation in the arbittrairy thing.

if you want to resample and interpolate your whole image every time you do it and wait then fine...

I've mentioned, that I'm NOT talking about transforming the image.
The only workaround I'm using so far is flipping and rotating the canvas. But it sucks compared to the flexibility of Painter, where you just can rotate the canvas in realtime.

I dunno why this function isn't implemented yet. Maybe I'm the only one who needs to rotate the page ... ?!

spookje
05-09-2005, 08:20 AM
The only workaround I'm using so far is flipping and rotating the canvas. But it sucks compared to the flexibility of Painter, where you just can rotate the canvas in realtime.

I dunno why this function isn't implemented yet. Maybe I'm the only one who needs to rotate the page ... ?!

Nah, you're not the only one. Feng Zu also mentions in his Q&A that it's one of the big reasons he uses Painter instead of PS.

halo
05-09-2005, 09:14 AM
The only workaround I'm using so far is flipping and rotating the canvas.

by rotating the canvas you ARE resampling and interpolating the image...you cant avoid it, PS does it every time you rotate unless its exactly by 90 degree increments.

There is no way to replicate what painter does without damaging your image.

I'm not sure that rotating the image is actually that critical anyway...i dont recall ever seeing someone doing it in the real world with physical images.

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2005, 09:14 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.