PDA

View Full Version : character - oriental boarder intended

samartin
10-08-2002, 09:39 PM
Hi,

I was debating wether 2 put this up as a final image, but thought wot the hell... this is my 1st human head, and I'm pretty pleased but next time I know where 2 add extra details but 4 now...

http://www.samartin.co.uk/jpg's/boarder2.jpg

Please feel free 2 crit/slag wotever as it may get me 2 chase them up and rectify wotever...

dalepugh
10-08-2002, 10:00 PM
Your first head? Nice job.

A couple of suggestions:

It needs more detail around the eyelids/eyes, it just looks a bit flat... clean but flat.

also

The hair looks like it needs to be up-res'd (geometry-wise) it looks a little bit lifeless.

Is it possible to see a wireframe and a full body shot?

Good work :)

samartin
10-08-2002, 10:49 PM
consider the wire done, as u can c by the wireframe I didn't get round 2 the hardest part, maybe some other time aswell as adding a body ???

I had down time so this piece was created around 5 days tops start 2 finish, maybe that's slow but next time...

cheers 4 the input much appreciated

Dr-spline
10-08-2002, 11:40 PM
arggg that is beter than any of my heads and ive modeled hundreds! where did you go to school?
Looks aqsome for a first head

samartin
10-09-2002, 08:08 AM
Hi Dr-Spline,

I didn't study this kinda thing at school, when I was a lad we didn't have stuff like this at school (we had RN nimbus machines with a 16colour paint package), plus being in the UK I don't think it's quite as advanced as the US of A (could b wrong)...

I did the LW7 tutorial a couple of months ago which is a pretty awesome tutorial, I don't have any qualifications in graphic design as just over 2 years ago I migrated 2 a full time GFX position from programming... and I must say definitely worth doing (much much more enjoyable)...

anyway thanx 4 compliment and I guess the LW7 tutorial could migrate across 2 other 3d packages as it's all patch modelling...

michaelhughes
10-09-2002, 06:30 PM
Hey would you be interested in a job? That is damn good and the high polygon look we are going for. If so contact me.

<michael hughes>
mhughes@13gaming.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.