PDA

View Full Version : THE plot to Shrek 3 has been given away by the animation head of moviemakers Dreamwor

krishki
05-08-2005, 06:50 AM
THE plot to Shrek 3 has been given away by the animation head of moviemakers Dreamworks.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,15212115%255E2902,00.html
London's Sun newspaper reported that Jeffrey Katzenberg gave what seems to be a full-plot synopsis for the "threequel", which is out in May 2007, during a press conference for Madagascar.

The executive producer of Shrek 2 and Shark Tale said Shrek and Princess Fiona become king and queen of Far, Far Away as the king has been transformed into a frog.

"When we left him, the King was quite literally croaking," he said.

"They're not very comfortable in these roles, so the King says to them: 'If you can find the heir to the throne and bring him back, the kingdom will be in good hands, then you can return to the swamp and live your lives."

"Shrek, Donkey and Puss go to the far side of the kingdom . . . where young 'Artie', who is the nephew of Queen Lilian, is about to graduate from school.

"Artie turns out to be young King Arthur and Shrek and Donkey and Puss have to convince this extremely rebellious young man, who uses Justin Timberlake's voice, to come back and assume the throne.

"Along the way, Shrek invents the Round Table and chivalry. Donkey is the Lady in the Lake with the sword.

"Meanwhile . . . Prince Charming decides that it's time for a coup d'etat. 'The cat's away. He will play'. Katzenberg said Princess Fiona then organises an underground resistance movement until Shrek returns with the young King Arthur.

SheepFactory
05-08-2005, 07:01 AM
I stopped reading at "Justin Timberlake" :banghead:

erlik
05-08-2005, 07:15 AM
In spite of that, the plot sound like fun. The best parts in Shrek 2 were those that parodied other things and this looks like it might be like that.

OTOH, yeah, Justin Timberlake... :banghead:

LadyMedusa
05-08-2005, 07:17 AM
Well if Arthur is supposed to be irritating, it would suit him, right?

I don't really like how they mix whit the legend of Arthur and the round table here.
It's my favorite english legend :(
It was also one of my favorite disney-cartoons.

Geta-Ve
05-08-2005, 02:33 PM
well sounds like another shrek film to me :p the funny thing is (or perhaps not so funny?) is the second shrek i had good laughs the first time i watched it.. after that i sorta just sat through it... meh should be good for a few laughs

and.. justin timberlake?? :banghead:

L.Rawlins
05-08-2005, 04:18 PM
I loved Shrek 2 up until the very end... when the Dragon came back and Donkey had a gazillion hybrid babies...

How exactly are they going to seamlessly intertwine that farce?

Or will they just conveniently forget that they did it?

Answers on a postcard.

::EDIT:: Every other response has used one, so sod it, so will I. :banghead: Tadaa! ::EDIT::

CTRL+X
05-08-2005, 04:58 PM
Sounds another smash hit and another worthy addition to my DVD collection

swardson
05-08-2005, 05:00 PM
im sure hope that they are conceiling their good ideas from the public, because that didnt impress me a bit. I mean there could be some good parts with donkey as the lady in the lake (just imagining how that could happen), but come one, Justin Timberlake to voice young "Artie", just hopeing that they dont bite the big one on this, cause my kid is obsessed with Shrek and if this movie sucks, that means im gonna have to watch a crappy movie, over and over and over.

Hoping for the best :rolleyes:

EpShot
05-08-2005, 09:22 PM
as long as the writing is as good as teh first 2(particuraly teh second) i'm sure i'll be laughing my ass off plenty.

AJ
05-08-2005, 09:36 PM
I really hope Shrek farts

ReBootedOne
05-08-2005, 10:19 PM
One flaw I have often found in Dreamworks Animated films is that they rely too heavily on "star appeal," (although 'Robots' was even more guilty of this :D), and pop culture references....

Now, don't get me wrong, Mike Myers, Eddie Murphy, Antonio Banderas, etc. and the rest of the cast of Shrek has been fantastic thus far.... But it just always feels to me that if you go back in 20 years and rewatch these movies, they just won't be funny to those not living in this current time...

I dunno, I may be wrong...

Anyways, what am I rambling about here? Not sure to tell you the truth, but I was going to try and tie it back into the fact that I don't think Shrek is going to make it through into a third movie..... I mean, honestly, how many more ass jokes can there be about Donkey? Really?

*sigh* Wow, I was hoping to write coherently today...

-The ReBooted One

Peddy
05-08-2005, 11:16 PM
its called a 'vehicle', and can often be seen as a film being unable to hold its own weight through decent plot and and art direction.

ArtisticVisions
05-09-2005, 02:55 AM
Hell, I stopped reading at "threequel". :D

leigh
05-09-2005, 03:17 AM
Considering that Shrek is based on a series of books, I am not sure how this "plot reveal" can be such breaking news ;)

gardocki
05-09-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm tempted to join the :banghead: group about Justin Timberlake, but I'm really not a fan of Eddie Murphy either, and yet I like Donkey's character. I'll just wait and see where they go with this.

CelticArtist
05-09-2005, 04:29 PM
anyone remember the portrait of 'Sir Justin' over Fiona's bed in Shrek 2? seems kind of odd that they'd use Justin Timberlake as a voice after that, but eh, i missed that little referenc the first 3 times i saw the film, so i guess it wont' make a big deal. Frankly i'm just tired of people saying "oh, like Justin Timberlake??" when i say my name's Justin...good god, it's one of the most common names from the 70s/80s, he did not make the damn thing.

Zack
05-09-2005, 11:27 PM
I really hope Shrek farts

:D :D ;)

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2005, 11:27 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.