PDA

View Full Version : Syflex Vs. Method

AWAKE
05-06-2005, 07:34 PM
Hey yall This is me plugging my own shit. :)

We recently finished a job for gatorade... There's a writeup on the syflex website.

http://www.syflex.biz/gallery_method2.html

Don Kayote
05-06-2005, 08:22 PM
WAter people huh? how they pee? :)

Just kidding

Is that Vin desel?

lestdog
05-07-2005, 07:04 AM
nice job.. that's pretty sweat, I know how annoying cloth can be to work with as well.... how much easier is syflex to deal with over maya cloth??

-Vormav-
05-07-2005, 07:17 AM
Hey. Cool idea. I wouldn't have thought of using a cloth simulator for something like this. Even with using something like Realflow's magic daemons, you'd spend more time calculating the simulation than anything else. Cloth simulations are so much faster...
Seems to have worked pretty well. I would never even have guessed that a cloth simulator was used if I hadn' read that it was. Great work, AWAKE. http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

AWAKE
05-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Thanks y'all.

The work of course was not all me. My job was character setup, Mocap/keyframing, and some of the simulation. I had almost nothing to do with the splashing or renders. The syflex stuff was actually fun after we figured out how to do what we wanted. I haven't used maya cloth in the newer versions, but I'm not sure It would have worked the way we needed it to. Syflex has really good constraints, and the TD in me loves those.

vormav, We initially wanted to use realflow entirely, but yeah, that's not really possible. Or at least not possible if you want to deliver the job. :) We did use real flow for the splashes. our engineering people wrote some amazing hooks into it to make the simulations work right off of the syflex sims.

CGTalk Moderation
05-07-2005, 04:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.