PDA

View Full Version : Download Scripts

RGSBLS
05-06-2005, 05:45 PM
I've recently downloaded a "Painter Script". I can't figure out how to get the script into Painter and apply it to an image. I would greatly appreciate any advise. Thank You.

Jinbrown
05-06-2005, 06:58 PM
Hi,

Since you don't say what kind of script it is, or where you downloaded it, there may be more we could tell you with that info.

For now, once the script library is extracted from a .ZIP or other compressed file, you can open that script library in Painter:

In the Scripts palette menu, choose Open Script. The Open Script dialog box opens.

Click the Open Library button.

Locate and highlight the new script library file and click the Open button.

When the Script Name dialog box opens, type a unique name (it's OK to use the original name as long as it's different from any other script library files you have so they won't be overwritten), then click the OK button.

Now you should be able to run the script.

If you don't mind telling us, I'm curious to know what kind of script it is, since you mentioned applying it to an image. It sounds like it might be a utility script rather than a script of someone's painting.

RGSBLS
05-06-2005, 07:02 PM
It's a Watercolor script I found at ATNCENTRAL.com

Jinbrown
05-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi,

Thanks for the link. I checked that site to see if I could find the script you talked about and couldn't find anything related to Painter.

On the Downloads page, I did a search for the word "watercolor" and here's what I found:

Erick Nguyen's Watercolor (PS and PSE versions) - This is an action for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.

On the same page, I did a search using the word "painter" and here's what I found:

Mike Warren's 3-D Painter - Again, this is an action for Photoshop.

On the Tutorials page, I did a search using the word "painter" and here's what I found:

Virtual Painter 4 (2.1 MB) - This is a PDF document about the software named Virtual Painter 4.

On the same page, I did a search using the word "watercolor" and found nothing.

Just to make sure I was right about this site being Photoshop focused, I went back to the home page and below the links at the top of the page is a main heading:

The Photoshop Action Exchange

I'm afraid you don't have a Painter script, unless you found it somewhere else.

If you want to learn about creating watercolors in Painter, there's a lot of information available and I can give you some links.

CGTalk Moderation
05-06-2005, 09:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.